A few questions before going for the Platinum in 2022!

Hello everyone.

I am interested in buying NFS Most Wanted for the PS Vita and getting the Platinum.

However, I have a few questions before doing that. If someone can help me answering them I would appreciate it! 

- Are the servers still good? I am scared that they will randomly fail or close without warning.

- Can the online trophies be done before starting the offline part? So I can find someone as soon as I get the game to do that part as fast as possible.

- Why is the game so expensive? 50 euros in 2022 for a Vita game? 

- If I get the physical version (because it costs 10 euros in my location) can I play online? If not, can I buy the online pass?

• Like 1

- Yes, servers are still good. No date announced.

- Yes, but I think you need to play a few races before the multiplayer becomes available. It doesn't take much time.

- Because it's the PSVita. #VitaMeansLife

- There is no online pass. I got a second hand copy as well.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Good to know that this game is still alive on the Vita... I still have to play it and I hope soon before the servers close for good now that we are on the PS5 generation... something's gotta give.  And kudoz to ConAir for saying the exact things I wanna hear and to zemiguelreis for asking the things I wanna know!

feels-good.gif

Me after reading the comments...

Edited by Eispan
  • Like 2

• 10 months later...

The servers are still up and going, but the vita version is barren for me. 

On 2/15/2022 at 0:00 AM, ConAir said:

Yes. That's what it means. The #PSVita version didn't get the online pass while the PS3 version did.

The online pass isn't apparently needed for online for the game aside from Speed Levels. 

I recently platted this game. You do not need an online pass its free. You should however knock out the online trophies as quick as you can just incase they do eventually shut it down. Theyre not very hard but they are time consuming. You also need to have atleaat 5 other friends on your list with the game in order to get certain trophies. The one trophy is for having 5 friends with the game i think. The other trophy is smashing billboards with your friends face on it. Billboards your friends smashed will have their name on it so smash through and tried to beat their air distance record. Youll need a friend to jump on and pkay one speedlist with you too. So if you can just add 5 people on your friends who have played the game tou should be fine but eventually youll need a friend to play a few quick things with. The only one off the top thats super grindy is unlocking modfather. Youll need to reapeat n grind to get the mods to unlock but overall the game isnt bad. Find some people who have it and get someone to help you with the few online trophies. The rest you can do at your own leisure. Good luck!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

It is an easier version (platinum) from the PS3 because the vita doesn’t have the DLCs like PS3 there’s a few trophies that requires a certain amount of friends in your friend list otherwise everything is relatively easy 2 get

• 3 weeks later...

The game is perfectly doable to plat. The online trophies aren't too bad. In my opinion they don't take too long. One good session partner and maybe one or one and an half hour of grinding and you unlocked those too.

Servers are still good to play on but you will need a partner to match with.

• 7 months later...
On 1/16/2023 at 2:37 PM, Camokidd87 said:

I recently platted this game. You do not need an online pass its free. You should however knock out the online trophies as quick as you can just incase they do eventually shut it down. Theyre not very hard but they are time consuming. You also need to have atleaat 5 other friends on your list with the game in order to get certain trophies. The one trophy is for having 5 friends with the game i think. The other trophy is smashing billboards with your friends face on it. Billboards your friends smashed will have their name on it so smash through and tried to beat their air distance record. Youll need a friend to jump on and pkay one speedlist with you too. So if you can just add 5 people on your friends who have played the game tou should be fine but eventually youll need a friend to play a few quick things with. The only one off the top thats super grindy is unlocking modfather. Youll need to reapeat n grind to get the mods to unlock but overall the game isnt bad. Find some people who have it and get someone to help you with the few online trophies. The rest you can do at your own leisure. Good luck!

Do you know if the online friends trophy requires 5 friends to have played specifically the Vita version? Did the PS3 version years ago and wouldn’t mind stacking this, but I doubt I can round up 5 people to start the game. If friends are shared with the PS3 user base, should be easier.

3 hours ago, diskdocx said:

Do you know if the online friends trophy requires 5 friends to have played specifically the Vita version? Did the PS3 version years ago and wouldn’t mind stacking this, but I doubt I can round up 5 people to start the game. If friends are shared with the PS3 user base, should be easier.

If you have five players on your friend's list who played the game, then the trophy should pop when you first load up the game on either platform. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, diskdocx said:

You dont need 5 people to boost with you only need to have 5 friends on your friends list that have played the game before. You can add me of you want and when i get home ill give you my gfs psn name and my other friends n tell them to accept request from you so you can get the trophy. You will need 1 friend to boost with tho. You have to play a speedlist with them. 

Edited by Camokidd87
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/7/2023 at 3:26 AM, diskdocx said:

In my case I had to add NEW friends on the PSVita. I have more than enough friends on Autolog which I have had since the PS3 and the trophy DID NOT pop.  Only when I added a couple more did I finally get Social Climber.

I thought I would not be able to add new PSN friends on the PSVita but you would be surprised that there are still others also wanting to add new friends.  The boosting sessions here is a good source.  Just directly add anyone who are asking for a boost and they would most likely accept.

• 1 month later...