Alternate AFK Runes Farming Method

You

So I discovered this "glitch" while I was having a fight on a ladder with 2 guards.

I hit a guard and he fell off the edge and it gave me no Runes, then another guy fell off the edge and gave me Runes even though I never touched him.

So there's a bug in the game whereby if an enemy dies in front of your very eyes, you will get Runes, even if you never touched them.

So what you need to do is go to

"Impassable Greatbridge"

From the spawn point get your horse and go towards the squre looking rock and pick up the "Faded Erdleaf Flower".

Now ride back to the tower and park in the corner near the side of the awning area, and then face in the general direction area of the bonfire / battle raging on in the background

This should take you 10-15 seconds to setup each time.

So when you went over to the rock you started a battle. Guards will be fighting big dinosaur dogs on the other side of the firewall.

You'll get about 200 or 300 Runes by whoever dies, you must be facing the action in order for the exp to count of course. Wait until the battle ends, usually takes 3-5 minutes and you'll get about 1500-2500 Runes a run.

You'll know where to stand to watch because when I was doing it earlier online, there were a ton of funny messages right at the point, "Ah great view", "Time for Recon". "Try Snipe attack"

With this method, checking every 5 mins, you'll get about 25000-40000 Runes an hour depending on RNG.

Sure this method is slower than the other one posted earlier, but the benefit of this one is that's AFK collecting and zero effort required.

You can easily access this areas as soon as you get your horse early on in the game, so it's easily the better alternative grind early on the game since you're 100% safe.

Especially since the other method requires you to keep fast travelling to the same place and that's pretty slow loading times on PS4.

If you leave your Playstation unattended, sometimes the action will spill over into your area and you'll be killed. That's not a problem at all though since you can just pick up your runes you dropped right next to you, and then carry on afk boosting.

I spent a lot of time going through my inventory and crafting etc looking at my stats, while the action was taking place. Watching youtube, folding up laundry.

I've actually not used this too much since naturally once you get up to about lvl 60 and you need 20000 Runes for each level, it's actually quicker to just play the game.

But if you just feel like taking a break from the game / doing something else, you can at least be topping up your Rune tally in the meantime.

So setup the battle and start making your lunch or go for a dump, and when you get back you'll have an extra 2000 or so runes added to your collection. Have fun before it gets patched :)

TLDR? Here's a movie.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Neme-ita said:

not bad but i prefer balls farming 

i tried this but it seems to be patched. I don't get xp anymore. Many comments on the youtube video confirmed my guess. I went back to the previous powerpyx video. It's a very good and fast method as well so it's not too bad.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DavySuicide said:

i tried this but it seems to be patched. I don't get xp anymore. Many comments on the youtube video confirmed my guess. I went back to the previous powerpyx video. It's a very good and fast method as well so it's not too bad.

i still get xp normally on ps5 with latest update

It's not a bug where enemies die and you get the souls, that's been in every souls game. Enemies that kill other enemies will give you the souls if you're near them.

There's a few places in the game where you can get 40k, 50k and 75k souls without doing anything as well.

50k from the bell bareing hunter that spawns at the traders hut at night in North West of Caelidy You can horse jump the roof and shoot him and he can't hit you. 

And 75k from the big white dragon in the south east of caelid that won't attack you back, you need a bleed weapon and it'll take like 5 minutes to kill. 

There's also a Knight boss at night on a horse that gives 40k on the small bridge to the very east of caelid, you can get on your horse and run up the path full of poison flowers, the flowers will poison the knight and you can keep running up the path and he'll just die instantly. 

You can cheese most things in the game with a bit of imagination. 

• Like 1

the absolute best farm isn't available until mid-late, but it is in haligtree at the church bonfire. run the whole top section, it's very fluid and quick to do. i was getting 40k every couple minutes. 50/60 if you want to run the bottom section too