Three Legendary Cars trophy [Ford Mark IV Race Car, Jaguar XJ13, and Ferrari 330 P4 '67]

MWYSONG23

21 minutes ago, Dadu_Westside said:

If not tonight, the next car to be replaced will be the C9 in 3 days (maybe 4?). I think it's available to buy for 3 more days + 1 day sold out but I'm not 100% sure. It might be 2 more days to buy + 1 day sold out. 

If the pattern continues:

Ferrari 500 Mondial Pinin Farina Coupe '54 - Sold out: Mar.22. /// Disappear: Mar.23.

Mercedes-Benz Sauber Mercedes C9 '89 - Sold out: Mar.24. /// Disappear: Mar.25.

McLaren F1 '94 - Sold out: Mar.25. /// Disappear: Mar.26.

Porsche 917K '70 - Sold out: Mar.26. /// Disappear: Mar.27.

Ford GT40 Mark I '66 - Sold out: Mar.27 /// Disappear: Mar.28.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Patrickosan said:

Trophy Hunters are a very small group, they don't care about us.

Five years ago I would 100% agree with you.

But the interest in trophies is quickly becoming a mainstream thing, largely due to Sony's first party blockbusters like Horizon ZD and Spiderman having easy to achieve Platinums.

Trophy lists have definitely become more relevant in terms of player engagement. And it's perfectly within the realm of possibility that it can be exploited to boost monetization.

7 hours ago, karpathoulas667 said:

In addition to that, game developers are also interested in extending the gamers database for as long as possible.

And the longer you play a game, the more probable it is you'll eventually cave into spending money in mtx.

It also keeps the online community alive and pulls in new players.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, ViioZero said:

So today i talked to Playstation DACH about the trophy (...) They answered the following: "Hey, we'll try to get the informations about the trophy and get in touch with you as soon as we know more about it. This might take a few days".

Commendable initiative and I hope you are successful ?

...but they'll probably just reply in a super generic manner and clarify nothing or leave you even more confused (that's usually how it works).

Edited by LastMinuteSavior
  • Like 3

I don't think PD intended to withhold whatever cars are needed to unlock the trophy... at first.

I wouldn't be surprised that they have decided to withhold the car(s) needed to unlock the trophy now, following the Metacritic review bombing and the credit nerfing backlash, in order to avoid the second hand market being flooded with used GT7 copies once the platinum is finally possible to unlock.

2 hours ago, Dadu_Westside said:

Maybe we'll know tonight, the 500 Mondial is sold out, so there's a new car coming in. I have 20m in the bank so I'm ready for whatever.

If not tonight, the next car to be replaced will be the C9 in 3 days (maybe 4?). I think it's available to buy for 3 more days + 1 day sold out but I'm not 100% sure. It might be 2 more days to buy + 1 day sold out. 

I'm usually a patient man but I want GT7 as a platinum trophy count milestone on my profile, so the longer this takes the more annoyed I am lol.

Well actually I have a solution for you : getting a 99% completion on the other games you play ;) 

• Like 3

Looking at Hagerty valuations the good news is the Jaguar D-type LeMans winner, whenever it shows up, should only be 4m credits.

Bad news is the Mazda and the Porsche 962 dont have valuations so they could be anything. Hopefully they're in line with the C9.

Edited by Hobzy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, KingOfGold said:

Well actually I have a solution for you : getting a 99% completion on the other games you play ;) 

That's not a bad idea actually, I could finally finish Borderlands 3's DLCs...

Seriously though, I don't want to sound entitled, I will play GT7 long after I've got the platinum. I just think it's annoying that the trophy description is somewhat misleading or that the trophy itself might be bugged. I wish we knew which cars to buy exactly. I don't mind waiting for them to appear in the Legendary Dealership, but throwing money at guesses is not exactly nice considering GT7's economy.  

53 minutes ago, Megaman80 said:

The Porsche 917K 70 for 18 million, is said to have won the le mans 24h. Is this the one to go for next?

For the moment I have the Mark IV, XJ13, C9 and 917K. The trophy has not popped for me. As pointed out by other people in this thread, it's possible that the trophy can only be unlocked by buying Le Mans winners (XJ13 doesn't count as it has never raced, and 917K #2 in GT7 is the 1970 Daytona winner, not LM). So I wouldn't waste your credits on it.

Edited by Dadu_Westside
  • Like 3

Legendary cars of 2022/03/23

• Sauber Mercedes C9 '89 - Available (Cr. 3,000,000)
  • De Tomaso Mangusta '69 New  (Cr.245,000)
  • Porsche 917K '70 - Available (Cr. 18,000,000)
  • McLaren F1 '94 - Available (Cr. 18,500,000)
  • Ford GT40 Mark I '66 - Available (Cr. 5,600,000)
Edited by sXe_SiC_
  • Like 3

Just now, sXe_SiC_ said:

Legendary cars of 2022/03/23

• Sauber Mercedes C9 '89 - Limited Stock (Cr. 3,000,000)
  • De Tomaso Mangusta '69 New  (Cr.245,000)
  • Porsche 917K '70 - Available (Cr. 18,000,000)
  • McLaren F1 '94 - Available (Cr. 18,500,000)
  • Ford GT40 Mark I '66 - Available (Cr. 5,600,000)

Sauber Mercedes C9 '89 isn't going to be Limited Stock for another day or two. We have a gap of two days until the next rotation.

Edited by dotazured
  • Like 1

On 3/20/2022 at 6:52 PM, SHKISS1105 said:

Gran Turismo 5  trophy

I think the same 

Dream Race
 Win the ultimate three-way showdown between a Ford Mark IV Race Car, a Ferrari 330 P4 Race Car and a Jaguar XJ13 Race Car.

I'm trying to not forget this or let this get lost in the conversation. This is a really good observation for this trophy. 

• Like 3

I was curious so I checked, there are I believe only 16 Gr.1 cars in brand central, so 4 are legendries I believe, one of which is the Sauber. It's no guarantee of course, but all Gr.1 cars are typically designed to win these kinds of races. Was there another legendary Gr. 1 Car already?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Septomor said:

I was curious so I checked, there are I believe only 16 Gr.1 cars in brand central, so 4 are legendries I believe, one of which is the Sauber. It's no guarantee of course, but all Gr.1 cars are typically designed to win these kinds of races. Was there another legendary Gr. 1 Car already?

No, not since the official release date. 

15 minutes ago, Septomor said:

I think the others are the Mazda 787b, the Porsche 962c and the Jag XJR9

Also for those talking about the old GT trophy with the Jag, Ford and Ferrari... I dont think there's a legendary Ferrari lemans winner in the game.

Edited by Hobzy
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, TayTheDay said:

Posted by Rayquaza on GTPlanet:

GT7 Online Dealerships

Live feed of the Used Car Dealer if you're not able to open up the game every day :)"

It's not a live feed, it's manually updated daily with the corresponding Github repo.

Worth a mention, the link you provided contains a Facebook click identifier and I would suggest you remove the tracking query from the URL.

• Like 2