“Time Played” is completely off

jord39912

Just makes me wonder, where does the time go?

Bah dum tsh!

In all seriousness though, these time tracking issues are quite curious. I don't know how many of you requested your stats from Sony that show your trophy breakdown and top 5 games you spent the longest time on amongst some other things, but I found the time totals listed there to be accurate. On top of that, all of my games were PS4 so what gives?

(See below if you don't know what I'm talking about for Sony stat tracking.)

10 hours ago, mrmivo said:

I wonder if Sony are aware of this recurring issue. It's pretty frustrating. I started using the PS Timetracker website a couple months ago, just to get accurate playtime stats (seems to be reliable so far).

Thats actualy cool, thanks for sharing that.

In the meanwhile it is fixed since yesterday for me at least, for moments i though i would finish GOW Ragnarok with 0 hours played., oh well.

Edited by Clichezor
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

So PS5 wrapped came out today. It reveals your stats and what you’ve done this year. 

More specifically how long you’ve played certain games for. 

The Playstation website has correctly tracked all my stats for games compared to the actual PS5 profile.  

The website has clocked 290 hours on Elden Ring which is the exact amount of hours I actually have on that character. Whereas the PS5 profile states I only have 200 hours on Elden Ring. 

So it seems our hours ARE being tracked but it’s not connected to the system that tracks our hours on our profile. It’s pretty weird i’m not sure why this is the case.

However this issue has been around for a year now and I don’t think Sony are at all aware of it. I doubt this issue will ever be fixed. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, PepelsGod said:

So PS5 wrapped came out today. It reveals your stats and what you’ve done this year. 

The Playstation website has correctly tracked all my stats for games compared to the actual PS5 profile.  

The website has clocked 290 hours on Elden Ring which is the exact amount of hours I actually have on that character. Whereas the PS5 profile states I only have 200 hours on Elden Ring. 

So it seems our hours ARE being tracked but it’s not connected to the system that tracks our hours on our profile. It’s pretty weird i’m not sure why this is the case.

However this issue has been around for a year now and I don’t think Sony are at all aware of it. I doubt this issue will ever be fixed. 

Or they are aware but can't be bothered to fix it. 

It too bugs me when things don't work as intended. 

7 hours ago, PepelsGod said:

Just got my recap, there is not a single game where the hour's match my profile, profile has always less, elden ring for example has a diference of 60 hours for me.

wrap up said my most played game was warframe with 195 hours but on the console it says 112 hours... I'd say that's par for the course with most estimates the console makes. the in-game clocks for Sniper Elite 4 are even wacky. Might just go back to playing with a stop watch app open for the data/stats

2 hours ago, APeskyAxolotl said:

wrap up said my most played game was warframe with 195 hours but on the console it says 112 hours... I'd say that's par for the course with most estimates the console makes. the in-game clocks for Sniper Elite 4 are even wacky. Might just go back to playing with a stop watch app open for the data/stats

The wrap up stats are correct, for me my most played game has a 40 hours diference between the console numbers & the wrap up, the ps5 show less hours, the wrap up & my saves numbers are the same.

Been a few days now, I'm one trophy away from unlocking the platinum on "Fe" after a good few hours of playtime but my profile games list as viewed on PS5 says I've played the game for less than 1 hour (more specifically, 0.66 hours of playtime according to Expohase).

Still... Not... Counting... Properly...

Edited by Dry

It's actually incredible to me how often this happens and Sony has yet to just you know...fully resolve it. It shouldn't be this hard to make sure it tracks the hours properly. There has never been any issues with Nintendo Switch's hour tracker on profiles there, but for whatever reason on PS5 it has broken 5 or 6 times this year alone. Get your shit together, Sony.

• Like 3

With this thing working when it wants to, sometimes I wonder if certain games cannot be tracked like the PS2 classics for GTA as I have no time tracked for GTA 3 or vice city, so I don't even know if these games can be tracked or not. Either way, surely this cannot be hard to fix if their website have the stats correct, just connect it to PS5 the same way, and it's sorted.