Lightning Returns: FFXIII "Evolution of Battle" Trailer

I played the demo last night... Evolution of boring more like it. That trailer makes it look like its crazy battles but I just found myself having to constantly switch "schema" and just hit the same buttons over and over. 

I haven't actually tried the demo yet but I'm definitely going to give it a go. Your opinion doesn't make it sound great though :P

i tried demo today and battle system is much better and enjoyable then in XIII or XIII-2

one question:

we will get free dlc costume after playing demo and submitting "boss" battle result but how exactly we will get it?

how will full game know we did it?

anyone have any idea?

I haven't actually tried the demo yet but I'm definitely going to give it a go. Your opinion doesn't make it sound great though :P

I wanted to like it but I wasnt a fan. I will say this, switch your battle camera to be farther out, it made it less annoying.

i tried demo today and battle system is much better and enjoyable then in XIII or XIII-2

one question:

we will get free dlc costume after playing demo and submitting "boss" battle result but how exactly we will get it?

how will full game know we did it?

anyone have any idea?

Submit your score. They will know because when you play the game youve already linked your account with them basically. Itll all work out.

FFXIII & XIII-2 were FAR superior in the battle system department! All the did was turn this great franchise into a button masher! Sure, u need to figure out enemy weaknesses and crap but just mash buttons till u r out of MP then switch to a new outfit (shoulda left them in FFX-2!!) and mash some more buttons... that's it! I'm very disappointed! Same thing happened to Dragon Age, 1 was great and 2 was basically turned into a button masher as well.

I wanted to like it but I wasnt a fan. I will say this, switch your battle camera to be farther out, it made it less annoying.

Submit your score. They will know because when you play the game youve already linked your account with them basically. Itll all work out.

one more question then

im not using facebook (only in cases like that. i have "garbage" account) and i dont get it at all

how the hell game knew my FB account?oO

i didnt login or anything

It gives you the option to log in when you try to post screenshots to facebook. I assume the same will happen when you beat Zaltys, the final boss of the demo and the option to post your battle score shows up. I think you have to press select when the game shows you the score. I know the options usually show up at the bottom right corner of the screen, like where the option to skip is when there's a cutscene.

I actually prefer the battle system in this game compared to the previous two. I found that in the previous games, you could get past the whole game by just using the auto-battle option only to change paradigms when the health is low, even on normal! This one there's more strategy involved especially with the limited amount of inventory space for consumable items and the fact that health doesn't refresh once the battle is over. Though I would prefer if it'd be more like an MMO and replenish over time, but I think this would add to the difficulty of the game.

What I dislike is the kind of fan-service in the game. I don't mind the changing of clothes, but the poses just doesn't seem to fit Lightning at all.

• Like 2

I also played the demo and my god was it boring.

That said though, I'm not a FF person. The only game I've really played is FF3 on my DS.

I found Ni No Kuni's battle system to be much more fun than this.

The background textures were also pretty garbage. You don't even have to get too close up to see how terrible they are.

Edited by rsoto1125

It gives you the option to log in when you try to post screenshots to facebook. I assume the same will happen when you beat Zaltys, the final boss of the demo and the option to post your battle score shows up. I think you have to press select when the game shows you the score. I know the options usually show up at the bottom right corner of the screen, like where the option to skip is when there's a cutscene.

no no

the screenshot went to my FB account but i didnt login didnt link accounts either

no no

the screenshot went to my FB account but i didnt login didnt link accounts either

Oh, I read it incorrectly. Maybe your PSN account was already linked to your facebook or you logged into FB through you PS3 web browser..I'm not sure. I am in the same boat as you though. I'm also using a fake account (I don't use FB) for the game as well, but I had to sign in.

I played the demo, way too short for my liking.

The fan service is misguided and bothers me.  What do I mean?  Well, to me they seem to be catering to the cosplay crowd (why?!) and also I don't like this social integration aspect.  Final Fantasy core franchise has never needed this kind of fluff.  I want to be immersed in a deep story and complex gameplay, exploration, etc.  Not 'posting scores and reading what other morons wrote'  Whatever though.  I know I can just choose to ignore that/not utilize those features but it still is annoying.

All that being said, I liked the battle system and I will be definitely getting this game to wrap up the trilogy.  I just don't agree with all the tweaks, but you can't please everyone all the time.

• Like 3

I personally love the schema system and find it superior to FFXIII and XIII-2 battle system. While I agree with a couple posts that there seems to be fan service, I don't mind. I like all the customization that it allows and can't wait to get my hands on the full retail game.

• Like 1