VR necessary?

Ravie_HD

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 19/05/2022 at 8:14 AM, westersburg said:

ok then this is a no for me unfortunately :/ I get motion sick in games like farpoint etc.

I got really bad motion sickness from a few games, but this one, after the first 2 minutes whilst I adjusted to it, it was fine. When it's cheap, probably worth giving it a try. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Jesus christ I wish it WASN'T  in VR only. The fucking drift is HORRENDOUS! Every 2 goddamn seconds I have to recalibrate this shit! I wish I hadn't already earned a trophy for this game because I'd delete it off my PS4 and never touch it again. In this state it's damn near unplayable!

I'm using the Aim controller. Is there something I'm missing here or some trick to set it all up so this isn't a CONSTANT problem? Even when I'm targeting something to pick up it doesn't even do that properly. I have to look at shit from awkward angles. I've never had issues like this in other VR games. 

Am I screwed here or is this game just a rushed VR port that doesn't work properly? 

Edited by MrTacoNinja

No, you're doing nothing wrong. The controller drift is an issue since the release, they patched some things, which made the gameplay slightly better, but never got rid of it completely. 

What helped me was playing in a sitting position and don't move the aim controller much.

2 hours ago, Messknecht said:

No, you're doing nothing wrong. The controller drift is an issue since the release, they patched some things, which made the gameplay slightly better, but never got rid of it completely. 

What helped me was playing in a sitting position and don't move the aim controller much.

I'm playing on Sniper Elite difficulty. What's the trick for aiming here and getting shots because I'm missing far too much. The game explains absolutely nothing so I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.

-UPDATE-

I'm honestly about ready to quit this game and give up. There's nothing enjoyable here! I can't even get out of the second mission without being "overrun" during the second half of the mission. I can't aim fast enough to take out the 50 gazillion fucking enemies shooting at me and the second I even try I'm being SHREDDED from bullets EVERYWHERE. 

Edited by MrTacoNinja

As far as I remember you have a wind indication in the upper part of the HUD. 

In your scope you can see the cross hair with a scale for the distance of your target and to compensate the parabola flight of the bullet. 

You have to estimtimate the targets distance and windforce and compensate the (theoretical) deviation, (by actually aligning the shot with the dots of the cross hair scale) of the bullet to successfully hit the target under "realistic"  circumstances. 

If you make a quick search on the Inet you can find multiple explanations how a scope works. 

• 6 months later...
On 12/08/2022 at 6:31 PM, MrTacoNinja said:

Jesus christ I wish it WASN'T  in VR only. The fucking drift is HORRENDOUS! Every 2 goddamn seconds I have to recalibrate this shit! I wish I hadn't already earned a trophy for this game because I'd delete it off my PS4 and never touch it again. In this state it's damn near unplayable!

I'm using the Aim controller. Is there something I'm missing here or some trick to set it all up so this isn't a CONSTANT problem? Even when I'm targeting something to pick up it doesn't even do that properly. I have to look at shit from awkward angles. I've never had issues like this in other VR games. 

Am I screwed here or is this game just a rushed VR port that doesn't work properly? 

It's not a problem with the game, it's a problem with the camera getting confused between the rifle and the headset because all the sensor lights are in line with the headset. I have the same problem any time I hold a rifle in VR. Hitman 3 sniping sucks, farpoint wasn't great, any two handed weapon in both Walking Dead games and others.

I can be done though. I completed the campaign on sniper elite difficulty with the aim controller. I had to shake the gun after every shot. Was kinda cool though, felt like pumping a shotgun after a round. I had soo much fun, I did it again on another account and recorded my sessions.

Here it is. You can see a few moments of utter frustration with the rifles, particularly in the final mission at 4:43:44

• Like 1