Edit: Patch 1.02 does not fix the chaos glitch

The game just tried to update on me so I stopped it and pulled my ethernet cord. This game is fun but there's no way in hell I want to do this all again on Chaos. Anyone know if the new update has fixed the bug or am I playing offline for the foreseeable future?

EDIT: Yeah just got it myself in 1.02. So you are safe to update currently and still pop the Chaos trophy on just one side quest.

Edited by DoctorDrPepper
  • Like 1

The update just adds quality of life issues and fixed some bugs based on what I saw. The Chaos trophy being unlocked easily isn’t really hindering people that play the game as intended. In my experience they don’t go out of there way to fix this kind of stuff unless it’s breaking the game. But if you’re worried about it I’d wait until someone confirms it.

the patch notes do not say anything about the chaos mode exploit at all:

• Addressed increased CPU utilization.
  • Addressed out of memory issue.
  • Fixed an exploit that would cause a server to crash under specific circumstances.
  • Fixed some issues with textures.
  • Various AI improvements.
  • Added UI fixes and changes

Just out of curiosity Cycle of Darkness isn't the technically glitched is it. The description only says "Completed a level 200 mission or higher on CHAOS difficulty." So it is within reason that you can unlock it normally just by playing an easy side mission like the trident one, that's not a bug.

Edited by bikeman223

53 minutes ago, bikeman223 said:

Just out of curiosity Cycle of Darkness isn't the technically glitched is it. The description only says "Completed a level 200 mission or higher on CHAOS difficulty." So it is within reason that you can unlock it normally just by playing an easy side mission like the trident one, that's not a bug.

That's not the trophy people are referring to, they are talking about Origin of True Chaos. Looking at the description it says complete the game not a single mission, but obviously unlocks early after finishing a Chaos mission. 

10 minutes ago, Am4z1n9_AZ said:

That's not the trophy people are referring to, they are talking about Origin of True Chaos. Looking at the description it says complete the game not a single mission, but obviously unlocks early after finishing a Chaos mission. 

Yeah it's just that people seem to lump the two together even though one seems relatively straightforward compared to the other.

2 hours ago, FoxRDT said:

Slightly off topic, but what would be the easiest way to get a hold of Anima Crystals in Story Mode?

Need them to upgrade a mission level to over 200...

You're going to need a shitton of them for level 99 job trophy too. I'd suggest the "Coral Memories: Greedy" mission. You just open up chests and hope you get lucky. Upgrade the mission as high as it goes and you'll get 13 crystals per clear. 

5 hours ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

You're going to need a shitton of them for level 99 job trophy too. I'd suggest the "Coral Memories: Greedy" mission. You just open up chests and hope you get lucky. Upgrade the mission as high as it goes and you'll get 13 crystals per clear. 

But how do you go about getting the crystals needed to unlock coral memories? Just regular story missions on chaos?

5 minutes ago, bikeman223 said:

Which I can't do yet until someone determines if the update changed anything.

Lol. Then just play the first story mission offline. You'll get a few Anima Crystals for getting to the boss even if you can't beat them. And I highly doubt they changed the trophy at all. 

10 minutes ago, Phil_Andre said:

How does the Chaos glitch work ?

The description for "Origin of True Chaos" says it wants you to complete the game (or replay all story missions) on CHAOS difficulty, but the trophy itself will pop as soon as you finish literally any mission - including side missions and specifically the very easy Coral Memories: The Greedy sidemission - on said difficulty, which has led myself and many others to believe it's a glitch that would be likely to get patched in a future update of the game. That doesn't seem to have happened here, though, and there's been questions raised over whether it's actually a glitch or if the English translation of the description is misleading.

2 hours ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

Just to let people know this update was also sent out on the "Demo" version too. Had my launcher update.

I bet that's because you can transfer progress from the demo to the main game. Surely its not sustainable to constantly update the demo to remain in parity to the main game, unless they're essentially treated as the same thing file wise.

1 hour ago, bikeman223 said:

I bet that's because you can transfer progress from the demo to the main game. Surely its not sustainable to constantly update the demo to remain in parity to the main game, unless they're essentially treated as the same thing file wise.

It could honestly be that way. I'm kinda waiting for a sale before buying it though. While not used much at all anymore wouldn't surprise me if it actually has a game unlock with it. Though since the demo requires online, it could also to keep it the same version so it connects to the online server still. Similar to Babylon's Fall demo.

Edited by Lord_Bane999