Is it safe to play online and not mess up world tendency?

FielVeredus

1 hour ago, FielVeredus said:

I read powerpyx's guide and it seems that playing online have a chance to mess up world tendency, is this real?

I consider online play of this game part of experience so i dont want to offline if not absolutely need to as I am going in blind as well.

Getting killed by an invader affects your world tendency, shifting it towards black. Killing a player in pvp shifts your character tendency white

Edited by SnowxSakura
removed incorrect info

In the PS3 versions of Demon's Souls, each time you logged onto the online servers your World Tendency would become neutral automatically. The only two exceptions to this were during WT events like Halloween's Pure Black WT and Pure White WT on Christmas. I didn't notice these WT shifts at all on the PS5 version, and I had no issues getting Pure White and Pure Black WT while playing online.

As said above, engaging in PvP will have effects on your Character Tendency. Invading another player and defeating them will make your CT shift towards Black, however being killed by an invader won't have any change on your CT. Killing an invader will move your CT towards White and if you kill a friendly NPC your CT will move towards Black. As usual, if you die to an invader, your World Tendency will shift towards Black (as with any death outside the Nexus while in body form).

Here's in-depth information on WT and CT:

http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/world-tendency

http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/character-tendency

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, RedDevil757 said:

Just make sure you kill yourself in the nexus and you’ll be fine online

I second this: Until you're ready to start purposefully manipulating tendencies, always kill yourself in the Nexus.

The trophy walkthrough explains how tendencies are affected in thorough detail in the first few paragraphs of the guide. If you want to go in blind and don't want to be spoiled, don't read past the tendency explanations.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Helyx said:

I didn't notice these WT shifts at all on the PS5 version, and I had no issues getting Pure White and Pure Black WT while playing online.

Seconding here, and I appreciated playing online p. much 24/7 for the PS5 remake. It was a drawback to me on PS3.

OP, WT isn't as crucial for...a couple PS5 trophy endeavors, owing to the remake's shifted trophy set, but for PS3 especially & just as a general guideline, safest bet is as usual offing yourself in the Nexus to play in soul form. Nothing like an invader that *happens* to brilliantly counter your loadout or skill capacity, and then you're arsed. >.<

Edited by Zas
I think I mistyped something. o.O

• 1 month later...