PSA: Journey Event

GunfighterHefty

Hi all,

Just a friendly heads up that there is a listed date of May 2nd for only the second Journey event to earn the 20k miles is a journey event trophy. 

I had taken a hiatus when they released this event so I missed it. Have been stockpiling gems to make sure I can finish it - so you have some time to do the same if your goal is only trophies. 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 4/1/2022 at 10:47 PM, GunfighterHefty said:

Hi all,

Just a friendly heads up that there is a listed date of May 2nd for only the second Journey event to earn the 20k miles is a journey event trophy. 

I had taken a hiatus when they released this event so I missed it. Have been stockpiling gems to make sure I can finish it - so you have some time to do the same if your goal is only trophies. 

Event is up. Anyone have a recommended team?

Edited by The-Captain-388

3 minutes ago, Migahel said:

Also, has anyone unlocked it before reaching 20.000 miles in this event? That would mean it's cumulative, instead of having to earn it all in one event.

Not cumultative

4 hours ago, The-Captain-388 said:

Event is up. Anyone have a recommended team?

Journey Event Souls: [1090,7025,7176,6297,3071,1,3,1,1,3,1,2,14028]

phylactery (weapon), judge of dead, deathclaw, pharos-ra 

Journey Event True Damage: [7176,1224,6789,6453,3040,1,3,1,1,3,1,2,14028]

deathclaw, secrets of the crypt (weapon), the gray king, umberwolf

Journey Event Low Cost: [6508,1129,7176,6453,3046,1,3,1,1,3,1,2,14028]

wall of bones, black manacles (weapon), deathclaw, umberwolf

• Like 1

According to the "roadmap" that the developers laid out earlier this year, there's a new kingdom releasing in July, likely the middle of the next campaign.  So if you don't have the time or resources to do 20k miles this week, there's always two months from now.

20k miles requires at least 2 x Tier 7 purchases to get enough sigils to make it there.  Depending on your "luck" with things like Valravens and getting screwed in the occasional battle, it may take 3 x Tier 7 purchases.  At least, that was the experience of my guildmates during the previous Journey event.

6 hours ago, SiC said:

Not cumultative

Journey Event Souls: [1090,7025,7176,6297,3071,1,3,1,1,3,1,2,14028]

phylactery (weapon), judge of dead, deathclaw, pharos-ra 

Journey Event True Damage: [7176,1224,6789,6453,3040,1,3,1,1,3,1,2,14028]

deathclaw, secrets of the crypt (weapon), the gray king, umberwolf

Journey Event Low Cost: [6508,1129,7176,6453,3046,1,3,1,1,3,1,2,14028]

wall of bones, black manacles (weapon), deathclaw, umberwolf

My team:

Deathclaw, Vlad the Unsated, Xathenos, Prismatic Orb (weapon).

Edited by RcrdD
New config of the team

My biggest breakthrough came with the black manacles weapon. I became laughably out leveled super early in the event, but this weapon kept me capable of grinding out the full 20k thanks to its 20% chance to devour an enemy and take all of its stats. The rest of my team was Skeleton and Skeleros for generating skulls and then the guide troop Deathclaw. This build requires a ton of gems though (spent around 4k) since you'll lose a lot of battles waiting for RNG to cooperate on the devour. But I don't have a ton of better troops/weapons and I found this set up consistently earning wins. One thing that is helpful is being able to peek at your enemy before the battle. Avoid any battle where the enemies are immune to devour.

Finished my 20K on Tuesday with this team:

Life & Death (Sentinel class)

Xathenos

Deathclaw

The Gray King

Wasn’t too bad but the scaling late game becomes awfully tough but that’s where deathmarks and Xathenos ability to scale with difficulty and summoning helps a lot. Avoid the teams with immunity to deathmarks if you can. 

For reference, I bought 3x T7’s and I think I spent 3500-4000 gems, can’t remember exactly where I started and earned some along the way as well.

• 2 months later...

There's a Journey event again this week. It's a pain in the ass, but I managed to get this trophy, spent about 3,000 gems for potions/additional sigils.

The team I've used:

+9 Black Manacles (Doomed Hammer is better afaik, but I don't have it)
Chalcedony (make sure it's upgraded to mythic for 3x miles bonus)

Gargoyle

Gargoyle

Use a Titan class or upcoming Geomancer (that will be released this Friday - it has a trait that makes every construct start with 50% mana).

You can often get into an almost-infinite loop spamming Chalcedony's ability, and Gargoyle's ability scales off of enemies attack. If you're lucky, Black Manacles have a 20% chance to devour an enemy. Good luck - you'll need some good RNG.

Keep in mind I'm hundreds of hours in, and my level is 1,100+, it wasn't easy for me. If you're not that deep into the game, do not waste your gems, as the scaling is pretty brutal once enemies are level 400+.

Edited by GumiDeLaGumi
  • Like 2

• 5 months later...

I'm finding success with Seekra Darkwood x3 and an archer class hero.

Soon as you cast once it loops infinitely and the extra Seekra are emergency reserve casts in the very rare chance the infinite fails.

Grabbed tier 4 with gems to get the extra copies and used the Christmas Orb of power to fully set up.

Slow as heck after 8k miles, but I'm still consistently winning, despite being under level 800.

Edited by VigilantCrow
  • Like 1

I find it hard to get the loop started but once it starts its great, this is a really good suggestion and is helping a bunch, particularly with the third trait to triple the miles travelled

12 hours ago, VigilantCrow said:

Soon as you cast once it loops infinitely and the extra Seekra are emergency reserve casts in the very rare chance the infinite fails.

Grabbed tier 4 with gems to get the extra copies and used the Christmas Orb of power to fully set up.

Slow as heck after 8k miles, but I'm still consistently winning, despite being under level 800.

23 minutes ago, breakXedge said:

It's impossible to get the trophy being a low level, right? I tried yesterday and did 1.000 miles at most, and battles are starting to be difficult. I'm level 400. I didn't have this Seekra Darkwood troop :(

Seekra is the new Journey troop, check the Journey event shop.

Seekra Darkwood will be available in the Journey Shop, and will appear in Glory, Gem, Guild, and VIP chests in 3-4 weeks’ time.

Please note the Pathfinder trait is a unique Trait, this means the Trait cannot be stacked with itself, and only one Troop with the Pathfinder trait will apply its bonus in a Journey Event.

Edited by SiC

14 hours ago, VigilantCrow said:

I'm using the archer class (surprisengly the 15% lethal skull damage happens once per fight) with the Black Manacles. once in a while devouring an enemy it's pretty good expecially for the skull dfamage buff.

Seekra Darkwood X 2 and lastly the Bound Mage.

Bound Mage transforms yellow to web purple and I cast it only when I'm sure I get an extra turn from it. webbed enemies always good thing.

For the rest of the time just loop with Seekra (second one for backup if no extra turn happens).

I grabbed Tear VII and have 10k now after 82 figths (always highest miles and killed every raven I encountered).

Enemies are level 350-360 and it's starting to be slow. every troop is mythic and I'm level 1000 but I don't know if I can reach 20k :(

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Any_Trophies said:

I'm using the archer class (surprisengly the 15% lethal skull damage happens once per fight) with the Black Manacles. once in a while devouring an enemy it's pretty good expecially for the skull dfamage buff.

Seekra Darkwood X 2 and lastly the Bound Mage.

Bound Mage transforms yellow to web purple and I cast it only when I'm sure I get an extra turn from it. webbed enemies always good thing.

For the rest of the time just loop with Seekra (second one for backup if no extra turn happens).

I grabbed Tear VII and have 10k now after 82 figths (always highest miles and killed every raven I encountered).

Enemies are level 350-360 and it's starting to be slow. every troop is mythic and I'm level 1000 but I don't know if I can reach 20k :(

1-2x Tier VII was enough in prev. events.

I did 6k miles tonight but yeah level 260ish enemies and I didn't really have the gems going into the event, so I'm hoping the two Tier VII purchases will be enough for me, otherwise I'm going to have to grind treasure hunts and login every hour to scrounge enough gems for additional tier VII purchases ?

On 11/1/2023 at 3:13 AM, breakXedge said:

It's impossible to get the trophy being a low level, right? I tried yesterday and did 1.000 miles at most, and battles are starting to be difficult. I'm level 400. I didn't have this Seekra Darkwood troop :(

Seekra Darkwood should really help get to the end but some key parts to this for anyone who may not know yet is you should fully ascend and trait this troop. This gives 3x bonus to all miles you earned. The troop is acquired by buying the Tier II purchase from the store and you can make additional purchases for copies or you can use any orbs you may have saved up to ascend, trait and level the troop. Additionally you will want to equip either Orbweaver or Archer class. These classes will make your hero an elf and this boosts Seekra's loop potential. 
Black Manacles + 3x Seekra Darkwood is doing me fine. Though I'm a late mid-game player so kingdom stat bonuses may be coming into effect here. 

Seekra is proving a very good troop however, as if you can get the dice rolling on the looping, the enemy team won't get a turn (or will very rarely get a turn), which should help lower level players get further into the event. I think even if you don't manage the 20k miles, Journey events are still worth participating in with your guild as the rewards are very good (inclusive of deeds of magic). 
A slight bit of advice on journey event, is to not always go for the highest scoring battle, sometimes lower scoring battles can provide a valuable stat bonus and its worth forfeiting the little bit of extra mileage for the stat bonus.

Edit: Just got the trophy using the black manacles, 3x seekra team. I needed archer for the 15% chance at lethal skull damage

Edited by distressedjazz
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, breakXedge said:

It's very possible at low level I'm only at level 139 myself and have reached 4k within a couple hours of spam. The main thing is to have Seekra Darkwood for the mile bonus the second main thing is Journey events require gems. There is no way around this players will be required to save at least 4-5k gems depending on their units available for the Journey event. If your a free player this can be months of saving even with a good active guild.

Btw for a build for those who want to play a bit aggressively. Besides the 3x Seekra build I use this one.

First my three medals are 2x Medal of Anu (20% starting mana bonus) 1x Medal of Seasons.

Journey Team is this.

Banner: Old Gods' Banner (Purple Gem ++)

Seekra Darkwood

(She should always be first spot so she can have her skill ready and charged.)

Trickester's Shot

(Okay this weapon in events like this with level increases is pretty broken using it only two or 3 times will allow you very quickly to one shot enemies. Primarily though spam Seekra first get red of any 4+ potential combo matches when you feel it's safe use it to weaken an enemy and end the match quicker. For other weapons Bound Darkness is a decent but weaker substitute for raw damage. Black Manacles give the devour chance. Doomed Chronicle is very rare weapon great for buffing Seekra it has a chance of producing purple gems and skulls plus you have the chance of boosting all magic by 3 or 8, upgraded it also creates a darkstorm drains mana from purple enemies and webs the first enemy plus skill drain. Prismatic Orb is the last one, this one is great for boosting Seekra again, it has a chance of producing 8 purple or green gems for her plus it gives her extra armor. )

Arachnaean Watcher/Seekra Darkwood.

(Here you have a choice, I personally use AW for his 25% mana boost to all allies on skill. Sometimes an opponent may just clear the board just right that makes it hard to do anything even with Seekra. There is where he comes in he's just a bonus Generator. A good bonus to him though his he can be used in first place as well to as a tank if you find yourself doing harder at higher levels. He gains 20 life plus a 6x boost every webbed enemy and also takes 40% less damage from skulls. In place of him you can use another Seekra which is just obvious why.

Malcandessa

(She is by far one of the most important mana generators you can add I find to any team for this. Her and Seekra should ALWAYS be on the team together. Why is she so good? Well first off she starts with full Mana. Second she switches all yellow gems to green. Why is this important? Seekra's second color is green and her being able to access it not only helps her but also stops you from accidentally clearing the board of precious purple gems or worse setting up the opponent for multiple combos. Seekra is your purple generator don't use another purple generator on top of her, instead play into her other color. Another bonus to her she webs the weakest enemy which will be the enemy most likely being attacked by Seekra. Eliminating an opponent's magic by the web status basically means you don't need to worry about their skill.

Now for Class, for classes there's multiple ways to go, but for me I find Orbweaver to be the best. You want the first two traits the first trait nature hearts helps your team gain 1 life for each green ally. This is great for countering burn effect something you will see often in this journey. Then it also has Mana Shield an important trait almost all Zhul'Kari and Elves have. This gives immunity to mana debuffs the enemies might give you. You will also get two important bonuses first you will have a Zhul'Kari bonus as now your hero is from this kingdom you will also get a Elf bonus. This also gives you bonuses to all allies for having four different units from the kingdom and elves.

The class breakdown for Talents is as follows.

Level 1 Gloom (All purple allies gain +2 Life)

Level 5 Perfect Aim or Resplendence (Both give +2 Magic if using a Bow or Jewelery)

Level 10 Root Trap (Okay this one is very important, Entangling an enemy makes their attack zero and because only the first place unit can attack it basically protects you from skull damage at the start of the battle until you get things going, do note this does nothing to their skills though that requires the Web Effect.)

Level 20 Dusk's Aura (Alright the most important skill to take in this class by far. Darkstorm increases the chance of Purple Gems dropping, getting this at the start will only benefit Seekra immensely.)

Level 40 Walls of Vines (It's an armor buff for Seekra, it's only +5 but everything bit counts she's in first spot she needs that extra protection. I really recommend taking this over Stealthy as taking it instead just means you have one less target for spells and the one more likely chance the AI may choose Seekra instead. Your hero should have more armor etc anyways let then soak the hit).

Level 70 Inspiration (most players probably won't have a class this high yet unless they only used it in campaign, but anyways this gives 15% starring mana to all allies. It plus the medals of Anu will be a healthy start to your team)

Level 100 Rising Shadows (Unless compared to the other two skills on offer I don't know why anyone would take anything but this skill. It's a small 7% chance to kill the last enemy when another enemy dies. It can be pretty broken when it works because yes it does proc off Black Manacles Devour as well.

Endword: Not everyone may have all these units or skills available as it really depends how long you've played but this should at least help a little bit for some.

• Like 1

On 1/11/2023 at 0:20 PM, Lord_Bane999 said:

It's very possible at low level I'm only at level 139 myself and have reached 4k within a couple hours of spam. The main thing is to have Seekra Darkwood for the mile bonus the second main thing is Journey events require gems. There is no way around this players will be required to save at least 4-5k gems depending on their units available for the Journey event. If your a free player this can be months of saving even with a good active guild.

Btw for a build for those who want to play a bit aggressively. Besides the 3x Seekra build I use this one.

Hide contents

First my three medals are 2x Medal of Anu (20% starting mana bonus) 1x Medal of Seasons.

Journey Team is this.

Banner: Old Gods' Banner (Purple Gem ++)

Seekra Darkwood

(She should always be first spot so she can have her skill ready and charged.)

Trickester's Shot

(Okay this weapon in events like this with level increases is pretty broken using it only two or 3 times will allow you very quickly to one shot enemies. Primarily though spam Seekra first get red of any 4+ potential combo matches when you feel it's safe use it to weaken an enemy and end the match quicker. For other weapons Bound Darkness is a decent but weaker substitute for raw damage. Black Manacles give the devour chance. Doomed Chronicle is very rare weapon great for buffing Seekra it has a chance of producing purple gems and skulls plus you have the chance of boosting all magic by 3 or 8, upgraded it also creates a darkstorm drains mana from purple enemies and webs the first enemy plus skill drain. Prismatic Orb is the last one, this one is great for boosting Seekra again, it has a chance of producing 8 purple or green gems for her plus it gives her extra armor. )

Arachnaean Watcher/Seekra Darkwood.

(Here you have a choice, I personally use AW for his 25% mana boost to all allies on skill. Sometimes an opponent may just clear the board just right that makes it hard to do anything even with Seekra. There is where he comes in he's just a bonus Generator. A good bonus to him though his he can be used in first place as well to as a tank if you find yourself doing harder at higher levels. He gains 20 life plus a 6x boost every webbed enemy and also takes 40% less damage from skulls. In place of him you can use another Seekra which is just obvious why.

Malcandessa

(She is by far one of the most important mana generators you can add I find to any team for this. Her and Seekra should ALWAYS be on the team together. Why is she so good? Well first off she starts with full Mana. Second she switches all yellow gems to green. Why is this important? Seekra's second color is green and her being able to access it not only helps her but also stops you from accidentally clearing the board of precious purple gems or worse setting up the opponent for multiple combos. Seekra is your purple generator don't use another purple generator on top of her, instead play into her other color. Another bonus to her she webs the weakest enemy which will be the enemy most likely being attacked by Seekra. Eliminating an opponent's magic by the web status basically means you don't need to worry about their skill.

Now for Class, for classes there's multiple ways to go, but for me I find Orbweaver to be the best. You want the first two traits the first trait nature hearts helps your team gain 1 life for each green ally. This is great for countering burn effect something you will see often in this journey. Then it also has Mana Shield an important trait almost all Zhul'Kari and Elves have. This gives immunity to mana debuffs the enemies might give you. You will also get two important bonuses first you will have a Zhul'Kari bonus as now your hero is from this kingdom you will also get a Elf bonus. This also gives you bonuses to all allies for having four different units from the kingdom and elves.

The class breakdown for Talents is as follows.

Level 1 Gloom (All purple allies gain +2 Life)

Level 5 Perfect Aim or Resplendence (Both give +2 Magic if using a Bow or Jewelery)

Level 10 Root Trap (Okay this one is very important, Entangling an enemy makes their attack zero and because only the first place unit can attack it basically protects you from skull damage at the start of the battle until you get things going, do note this does nothing to their skills though that requires the Web Effect.)

Level 20 Dusk's Aura (Alright the most important skill to take in this class by far. Darkstorm increases the chance of Purple Gems dropping, getting this at the start will only benefit Seekra immensely.)

Level 40 Walls of Vines (It's an armor buff for Seekra, it's only +5 but everything bit counts she's in first spot she needs that extra protection. I really recommend taking this over Stealthy as taking it instead just means you have one less target for spells and the one more likely chance the AI may choose Seekra instead. Your hero should have more armor etc anyways let then soak the hit).

Level 70 Inspiration (most players probably won't have a class this high yet unless they only used it in campaign, but anyways this gives 15% starring mana to all allies. It plus the medals of Anu will be a healthy start to your team)

Level 100 Rising Shadows (Unless compared to the other two skills on offer I don't know why anyone would take anything but this skill. It's a small 7% chance to kill the last enemy when another enemy dies. It can be pretty broken when it works because yes it does proc off Black Manacles Devour as well.

Endword: Not everyone may have all these units or skills available as it really depends how long you've played but this should at least help a little bit for some.

It's not bad.

I'm using the onyx sword now as enemies have around 500 for shield and life each. Whenever I have yellow near skulls for a guaranteed extra turn I'll use it and the 15% lethal skull damage shows up pretty decently. Tried a bit the black menance but it doesn't look at all 20% chance.

And by the way, medals of Anu doesn't stack so I'd put another medal there.

Edited by Any_Trophies

3 hours ago, breakXedge said:

Thank you @SiC, @distressedjazz and @Lord_Bane999 for your replies. I'm sure I won't make it this time as I have like 200 gems left after purchasing tier IV so... anyways, I can wait for the next Journey event and hopefully have a stash of gems to buy more tokens.

No worries I probably won't make it either as well, as been too busy with work and server shutdowns to do all the battles. But it seems the Journey event at least is planned to happen more soften now with about every 3 months being the bar.

One thing I would recommend doing until the next one besides farming event keys and gems. Try completing/upgrading kingdoms so you can have more at +10 at least. (Focus Kingdoms that maximize magic stat first!)

5 hours ago, breakXedge said:

I'm sure I won't make it this time as I have like 200 gems left after purchasing tier IV so... anyways, I can wait for the next Journey event and hopefully have a stash of gems to buy more tokens.

It typically takes at least one Tier VII purchase and often two to get enough battles to make it to 20k miles (assuming a Pathfinder ascended to mythic).  Sometimes even three, depending on how effective you are at the battles themselves and how many miles you lose along the way for being "slow".  So you might figure out how many gems all of that would cost as a way to discerning a figure to aim for.

There's almost certainly going to be a Journey event in the next campaign, as the spoilers have indicated for a very long time that we have a new kingdom coming.  I'd ballpark that next Journey event as late February or early March in the absence of specifics; the new campaign is scheduled to begin on January 30th and we can probably expect the Journey to be about halfway through it.  (Campaigns run 10 weeks / 70 days; Week 5 would be the last week in February, Week 6 would be the first week in March.)

Maxed out at 17k and change before running out of sigils. Definitely save up gems so that you can buy every tier and the final one twice. Maybe even a third time if you go for the stat gains, instead of max miles. X3 looping definitely the way to go for underleveled players without access to a support troops with max traits.

Live and learn i guess. See you guys in a few months for the next attempt. ?