Coming in Hot! Tips?

Im2Fast_4U

1 hour ago, tylertreese said:

Can confirm it is much easier to get in retro mode. Got it after a few innings. Thanks for the tip! 

i know right, i tried like 5 hours in normal mode and got it within 15 minutes in retro, this will help people in future. 

Thank you for confirming about retro mode!  

I used retro mode for the 10 foul trophy last year.  I actually tried retro mode last weekend for a few innings and didn't get it.  I wondered if it would count because you couldn't see EV speed.  

I got in in my third inning, using all star pitching.  Rob Nenn vs 99 dodgers at Coors.  

Seems to be much quicker to utilize Retro Mode of you're struggling.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ChrisWhite1245 said:

I’ll add another confirmation. Retro mode is the way to go.

Not saying it’s the best way, but I did it with:

legend difficulty pitching

rob nenn 

fastball

against the Al All stars

Colts Field

Dude you are a LEGEND for posting this...

Got this done in 3 minutes, 1st inning with Nenn

I probably spent 5 hours doing this with DeGrom, Ryan and Walker Buelher on my PS4 run. THANK YOU. the CPU linedrives are far more consistent. Don't think just throw it hard down the middle, they may take u deep but they will eventually make a hard out.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, BlueShadow17 said:

Dude you are a LEGEND for posting this...

Got this done in 3 minutes, 1st inning with Nenn

I probably spent 5 hours doing this with DeGrom, Ryan and Walker Buelher on my PS4 run. THANK YOU. the CPU linedrives are far more consistent. Don't think just throw it hard down the middle, they may take u deep but they will eventually make a hard out.

is ps4 working for the one trophy for DD, i know it skips to the lineup for DD

On 4/10/2022 at 1:13 PM, ChrisWhite1245 said:

I’ll add another confirmation. Retro mode is the way to go.

Not saying it’s the best way, but I did it with:

legend difficulty pitching

rob nenn 

fastball

against the Al All stars

Colts Field

Did you have to adjust any sliders?

I got it using Rob Nenn. Thanks.

Edited by snakebit10

As someone who tried for 5 hours doing all kinds of variations of this I want to add my two cents in case anyone is struggling like I was:

I chose the Mets and adjusted player attributes so DeGrom was max on velocity, stamina, clutch and control 
I also adjusted all the baseman to have max reaction, speed and fielding ability 

I chose Retro Mode against the AL All Stars on Veteran pitching and the field was Oracle Park (I had tried with Coors as suggested by a lot but I was finding the ball was far too often hit out of the park or into the outfield for a base hit. Im not sure if the park matters but thought i'd throw this in) 

I only touched TWO sliders. I maxed (to the right) Fielder reaction and speed. 

Within 5 minutes I got it. Hope this helps someone! 

• Like 2

On 4/15/2022 at 10:30 AM, Beth Medusa said:

As someone who tried for 5 hours doing all kinds of variations of this I want to add my two cents in case anyone is struggling like I was:

I chose the Mets and adjusted player attributes so DeGrom was max on velocity, stamina, clutch and control 
I also adjusted all the baseman to have max reaction, speed and fielding ability 

I chose Retro Mode against the AL All Stars on Veteran pitching and the field was Oracle Park (I had tried with Coors as suggested by a lot but I was finding the ball was far too often hit out of the park or into the outfield for a base hit. Im not sure if the park matters but thought i'd throw this in) 

How did you frame your pitches? Were you just throwing straight down the middle? Or were you moving DeGrom left or right before hand?

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/15/2022 at 10:30 AM, Beth Medusa said:

Just copied exactly what you did and got the trophy within 10 minutes or so. This was my last trophy for the plat! Thank you so much!

• Like 2

On 4/18/2022 at 10:56 PM, OutOfStep217 said:

How did you frame your pitches? Were you just throwing straight down the middle? Or were you moving DeGrom left or right before hand?

Sorry i just saw this but I wasn't moving him at all just straight down the middle, holding down left stick when throwing :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/15/2022 at 7:30 AM, Beth Medusa said:

Did this and it only took a few minutes. Thank you!

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Jeez, there’s such a wild dichotomy between what works for people and what doesn’t.

I’ve spent a couple hours in Retro mode, with a ton of sliders, and legend difficulty, to no avail.

I pitch 100+ mph fastballs with Nem but just never get anything other than home runs and fly’s that don’t amount to 110+

I don’t know what else to try. It’s my last trophy and I’m a little sick of repetitively trying and not getting any line drives.

• 3 weeks later...
On 19/12/2022 at 11:10 AM, Long-Ryde said:

Jeez, there’s such a wild dichotomy between what works for people and what doesn’t.

I’ve spent a couple hours in Retro mode, with a ton of sliders, and legend difficulty, to no avail.

I pitch 100+ mph fastballs with Nem but just never get anything other than home runs and fly’s that don’t amount to 110+

I don’t know what else to try. It’s my last trophy and I’m a little sick of repetitively trying and not getting any line drives.

Do it on retro mode with the boomers team against the NL Allstars and use Nolan Ryan. Switch your defensive infield to all in, this is the key part. And have sliders for reaction time, fielding ability and speed maxed. I got it in 10 minutes twice on PS4 and PS5

• 5 months later...
On 1/5/2023 at 2:27 AM, joerose233 said:

Do it on retro mode with the boomers team against the NL Allstars and use Nolan Ryan. Switch your defensive infield to all in, this is the key part. And have sliders for reaction time, fielding ability and speed maxed. I got it in 10 minutes twice on PS4 and PS5

1st comment on this site and felt the need to second this retro mode setup above. ^

Got it on the 3rd pitch no kidding. Hall of Fame hitting and pitching. Infield error slider set to zero, reaction time and speed set to max. 

Spent nearly 10 hours trying everything from the first comments of this thread but should have read page 2 and latest comments about retro mode. Relieved to finally get the plat and move on. This was a terrible trophy. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...