You know what's groovy?

hugesawfan

8 hours ago, NetoStyle said:

I remember grinding to lvl 50 on STAR WARS BFII a few years ago…

This just woke up some deeply suppressed memories I had of the pure hell that was the BFII grind. I don't think I've ever experienced anything worse than that, pure suffering.

Given those memories now resurfacing.... some x2 xp weekends in Evil Dead wouldn't hurt.

• Like 3

Double confirm on 50.

For those still curious, Demon wins remain the fastest XP. If your playing with friends then obviously you'll do survivor. But still after a month I barely see any survivor team that beats a good Demon. Possessed basic units are just far too powerful and you can pretty easily wipe a team before they get the 3 map pieces. Given the power of possessed basic units, I played 99% of my games as Puppeteer.

Puppeteer Build:

Row #1: 0-0-0-0-0-3-0

Row #2: 0-0-0-0-0-0

Row #3: 2-3-3-3-3-3-3

Row #4: 3-1-3-2-0

Row #5: 2-2-1-0-0-0-0

Row #6: 2-2-1-3-0-0

Level up priority should be: Basic - Possession - Boss - Energy - Elite.

Get 1pt in Basic & Possession then hunt, all level ups beyond the initial 2 will come from fighting Survivors.

Edited by Skurkitty
  • Like 2

On 12/06/2022 at 11:40 AM, Skurkitty said:

This just woke up some deeply suppressed memories I had of the pure hell that was the BFII grind. I don't think I've ever experienced anything worse than that, pure suffering.

Given those memories now resurfacing.... some x2 xp weekends in Evil Dead wouldn't hurt.

I did Far Cry 2 and Fallout 76 solo, but this grind sounds horrifying

13 hours ago, Skurkitty said:

Double confirm on 50.

For those still curious, Demon wins remain the fastest XP. If your playing with friends then obviously you'll do survivor. But still after a month I barely see any survivor team that beats a good Demon. Possessed basic units are just far too powerful and you can pretty easily wipe a team before they get the 3 map pieces. Given the power of possessed basic units, I played 99% of my games as Puppeteer.

Puppeteer Build:

Get 1pt in Basic & Possession then hunt, all level ups beyond the initial 2 will come from fighting Survivors.

Nice.

Yea agreed. Way easier to get more points and wins with demon. Think i played 10 demon games the other day and didn't lose any. Even at the beginning before max demon level was still getting consistently plenty of wins. imo demon is just more fun to play too lol ?

I've only ever used Warlord/Henrietta. Didn't even test the others! This is the max level build I chose for Warlord, that never seems to do me any wrong:

UYc1fC7.jpg

#1 row: - 2 - 1 - 1 - 1 - 1 - 3 - 3
#2 row: - 1 - 1 - 1 - 1 - 1 - 3

#3 row: - 1 - 2 - 1 - 3 - 3 - 0 - 0

#4 row: - 1 - 1 - 3 - 3 - 1 - 0

#5 row: - 1 - 1 - 2 - 1 - 1 - 0 - 0 

#6 row: nah.

Yep just make your basic units & boss hench and you should be good to go ? puke is really useful to incapacitate those expert dodgers too. I don't know if it's the only demon category that can take away a players ability to dodge? Like I said I haven't played the other 2 demon's. But that power is ?

Y

Edited by esstee11

On 6/19/2022 at 1:45 AM, Skurkitty said:

Double confirm on 50.

Puppeteer Build:

Right now demons got buffed, and survivors got nerfed in the aspect of how now you really need to stick together, unlike before where you could manage on your own, depending on who you played as, and how good the demon is. Even AoD Ash who could manage pretty well on his own, now might need to stick with the survivors. But even before this new patch, it was always a matter of luck when it came to the team formation of survivors.

A good demon can be hard to fight off, yeah. So it’s a good time to get demon wins for people who ain’t got em. Puppeteer I feel a lot of players don’t know how to main well, and that’s my main as Demon. I actually got a 32 win streak as demon cause of Puppeteer, through I do have to add, I did use that cancel animation exploit some few times, though I mainly used it when I had survivors using it on me. I’m so glad they got rid of that exploit as quickly as they did, it was getting egregious. When I used it against people who abused it on me, I felt really bad for abusing it too. That exploit was beyond disgusting.

Even people who didn’t main Puppeteer could easily win as him with the exploit via his Thunderstruck spams. 

I already got the plat awhile ago, but I gotta say I did nothing but play demon to get to rank 50, easily the fastest way to rank up. I’m just now on my 60s, and yeah, it’s quite the grind. Dunno if the game will get DLC trophies, but I adore the game, I try to play it daily if I can. 

Edited by Ruhkillmeez

• 7 months later...

I can’t wait to hit Level 50. I have every other trophy bar that one which just feels in-necessarily long despite not even being close to the level cap.

The game just isn’t good enough. It’s badly balanced, the Castle map pops too much and is so Demon-sided it makes me feel sick. The Demon is way too overpowered and I don’t care what anyone argues; I’m sure if they published win rates Sirvivor would be in the single digits.

It’s been made even worse by the arrival of PS+ players. Survivor is basically unplayable now, it’s just so bad. Game’s a shit-show.

Once I hit User 50 and the Platinum pops I’m deleting this game and won’t ever play it again. I’m only barely holding on NOW because I’m only 1 trophy off the Platinum and it triggers my OCD on the road to earning every PS5 Horror Platinum.

Anyone still on the fence, don’t play this game, it’s a badly managed, shit-balanced heap of trash. And I say this as an avid fan of the franchise.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Oberlin1694 said:

I can’t wait to hit Level 50. I have every other trophy bar that one which just feels in-necessarily long despite not even being close to the level cap.

The game just isn’t good enough. It’s badly balanced, the Castle map pops too much and is so Demon-sided it makes me feel sick. The Demon is way too overpowered and I don’t care what anyone argues; I’m sure if they published win rates Sirvivor would be in the single digits.

It’s been made even worse by the arrival of PS+ players. Survivor is basically unplayable now, it’s just so bad. Game’s a shit-show.

Once I hit User 50 and the Platinum pops I’m deleting this game and won’t ever play it again. I’m only barely holding on NOW because I’m only 1 trophy off the Platinum and it triggers my OCD on the road to earning every PS5 Horror Platinum.

Anyone still on the fence, don’t play this game, it’s a badly managed, shit-balanced heap of trash. And I say this as an avid fan of the franchise.

Yeah kinda felt like I was done even before level 30... It's a fun idea but it's so miserable with random teammates that have no clue what's happening, could be a fun game with a full premade team, i don't know. I just played AI games for the survivor trophies and dodged every lobby with level 1 teammates as it's just too painful to try to solo the games especially if they take the best solo carry character (Warrior Ash) from you.

Probably common knowledge but I found out there is absolutely no penalty for hard afking as the demon so I must have afked about 100 games straight for 4k exp each. The other positive effect about doing this is that you will soon be matched against the worst of the worst, at least I saw some really weak opponents probably because my winrate got so bad that I could literally afk for 15-20 minutes and then check if they didn't seem to be doing so great and go wipe the floor with them once they activate the dagger / pages and claim your free 7.5k instead of 4k... xD I don't know if they ban for doing that but I managed to get the last 20+ levels with minimal effort.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Oberlin1694 said:

That's funny, because the overwhelming consensus for the last 3+ months has been that the demon is massively underpowered compared to survivors, to the point where before this influx of PS+ players it took forever to get a match as survivor because nobody wanted to play demon. Imagine! A DBD type game where *nobody wants to play the killer!* Honestly, it sounds like you and / or your teams just don't know how to play survivor whatsoever.

That being said, you make a good point if only because the influx of PS+ players means this may be the best time to get the demon wins trophy unless the developers fix the balancing in the game.

Anyway, I find the game fun enough. It's like DBD except you can fight back. Good stuff.

Also, the new DLC character Ruby is apparently obscenely overpowered. Do with that what you will.

Edited by Darling Baphomet

On 20/02/2023 at 8:23 AM, Darling Baphomet said:

That's funny, because the overwhelming consensus for the last 3+ months has been that the demon is massively underpowered compared to survivors, to the point where before this influx of PS+ players it took forever to get a match as survivor because nobody wanted to play demon. Imagine! A DBD type game where *nobody wants to play the killer!* Honestly, it sounds like you and / or your teams just don't know how to play survivor whatsoever.

That being said, you make a good point if only because the influx of PS+ players means this may be the best time to get the demon wins trophy unless the developers fix the balancing in the game.

Anyway, I find the game fun enough. It's like DBD except you can fight back. Good stuff.

Also, the new DLC character Ruby is apparently obscenely overpowered. Do with that what you will.

People complain Demon is underpowered but they’re only half right. Demon is underpowered against a co-ordinated group of 4.

Solo queue as Survivor is an absolutely miserable experience, like I hate the word, but half the time it feels like my teammates are legit spastics they’re just so useless.

The game isn’t fun playing Solo where you seem to be the only one doing objectives and the like as your PS+ noobie teammates just go down and give the Demon free levels or spend the entire match looting as they have NO CLUE what they’re doing.

I was hopeful PS+ would make queue times better, it has, but the new players have also completely ruined the game. Demon players are capitalising on the new Survivors and if even one Survivor isn’t pulling their weight you’ll generally lose. It’s a bad joke

Edited by Oberlin1694
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Oberlin1694 said:

Solo queue as Survivor is an absolutely miserable experience, like I hate the word, but half the time it feels like my teammates are legit spastics they’re just so useless.

The game isn’t fun playing Solo where you seem to be the only one doing objectives and the like as your PS+ noobie teammates just go down and give the Demon free levels or spend the entire match looting as they have NO CLUE what they’re doing.

I was hopeful PS+ would make queue times better, it has, but the new players have also completely ruined the game. Demon players are capitalising on the new Survivors and if even one Survivor isn’t pulling their weight you’ll generally lose. It’s a bad joke

Yeah, playing for a week I have to agree with you now. Demon seems to be overpowered at low skill levels but underpowered at high skill levels. I've won almost all of my games so far - as you say most groups have one player who's just incompetent and runs off on their own, keeps making noise, etc, and then I farm that person for exp as Puppeteer and snowball towards a victory. At least it's a good time to get my demon wins. But I wish I'd gotten my survivor wins before this. I would wait a while before attempting the survivor wins again tbh unless you have a good team.

15 hours ago, Darling Baphomet said:

Yeah, playing for a week I have to agree with you now. Demon seems to be overpowered at low skill levels but underpowered at high skill levels. I've won almost all of my games so far - as you say most groups have one player who's just incompetent and runs off on their own, keeps making noise, etc, and then I farm that person for exp as Puppeteer and snowball towards a victory. At least it's a good time to get my demon wins. But I wish I'd gotten my survivor wins before this. I would wait a while before attempting the survivor wins again tbh unless you have a good team.

I luckily have every single trophy bar Rank 50. I’m 40 at the moment. Just gonna play as my maxed out Puppeteer to get there now. Survivor is so damn fun, but with the current state of teams it’s unplayable. Like I don’t always want to have to play Support but if I don’t we get a support healing less than 1k over an entire match and obviously lose. It’s infuriating how clueless and bad most of the new Survivor’s are.

And because of it Demon is way too easy and ends up being boring, have to take it slow or you absolutely decimate them 5 minutes in 

• Like 1

On 2/24/2023 at 3:33 AM, Oberlin1694 said:

I luckily have every single trophy bar Rank 50. I’m 40 at the moment. Just gonna play as my maxed out Puppeteer to get there now. Survivor is so damn fun, but with the current state of teams it’s unplayable. Like I don’t always want to have to play Support but if I don’t we get a support healing less than 1k over an entire match and obviously lose. It’s infuriating how clueless and bad most of the new Survivor’s are.

And because of it Demon is way too easy and ends up being boring, have to take it slow or you absolutely decimate them 5 minutes in 

Yeah even if you lose as Puppeteer you still get more exp than playing as survivor in my experience. I've been playing Puppeteer while watching stuff. Considering buying Ruby to cheese survivor wins but I'm not sure if I could sink that low.

On 2/24/2023 at 8:33 AM, Oberlin1694 said:

I luckily have every single trophy bar Rank 50.

By the time I earned every trophy on both the PS4 and PS5 versions, I was only level 43. Boring grind.

21 hours ago, Helyx said:

By the time I earned every trophy on both the PS4 and PS5 versions, I was only level 43. Boring grind.

Aye. Wouldn’t mind so much if I still had trophies to unlock but I hit Level 35 and had everything bar max rank. Just seems like a needless time sink, should’ve been 25 or something so it wasn’t such a drag, or they should have just increased the User XP gains, done double and triple gain weekends etc.

7500 per match is way too low if you’re winning.

I mean that’s around 5-6 matches at 20-30 minutes per level from like 25 onwards.

so you’re looking at close to 200 matches, WOULDNT be so bad if they were as fast and frenetic as a DbD match but these just drag. Having to play 3ish hours for a single level when the game is so unenjoyable is SOUL DESTROYING 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Oberlin1694 said:

they should have just increased the User XP gains, done double and triple gain weekends etc.

Agreed.

This game has been out long enough to warrant at least one XP weekend by now, but there's been no love in that department.

But hey, at least we now have the Splatter Royale game mode. /s

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Helyx said:

Agreed.

This game has been out long enough to warrant at least one XP weekend by now, but there's been no love in that department.

But hey, at least we now have the Splatter Royale game mode. /s

I played that Splatter Royale mode once when it released and was nearly crying over how laughably bad it was. Tone deaf dev’s to the extreme. People wanted a new Demon and map based off the TV show’s town and instead we got a single Survivor and 2 costumes for £11.99.

Their season pass was disgusting. £34.99 for like 10 costumes and 3 new characters, only one of which (Mia) was even good. And now they’re releasing content OUT OF the season pass and trying to charge £11.99.

whilst being like “but guys we have you a super cool new mode for free” 

Fuck off Saber. 

Like I just can’t get over how badly mismanaged this game, especially it’s content drops (or lack of) are. Like the franchise is ripe for the picking. The 3 season series alone gave them so many possible Demon’s, characters and locations to add and they’ve not done any of it. The Season Pass may as well have been called “Army of Darkness Pass” as that’s what it majority consisted of.

I mean if they wanted to add a new mode they could’ve added a moving Horde mode. Go from the cabin, to Payne Manor etc while surviving increasing waves of Deadites to last until Dawn. Fortify the castle and defend it from the Army of Darkness.

But no, we got fucking Battle Royale. EURGH.

I’m just hoping the Texas Chainsaw game that Gun teased almost 2 fucking years ago releases soon and lives up to its potential but they also made Friday the 13th and that’s the worst asymmetrical game I’ve ever played

Edited by Oberlin1694
I’m ranting, k?