Why the plat is so rare?

From what I saw in the trophy guide, it's mostly due to the XP grind and Win 1000 multiplayer races. I was looking into this game, but lost interested due to aggressive MTX from what I've heard. Maybe someone who has played it, can share if it's that bad.

Just now, BTimchev said:

From what I saw in the trophy guide, it's mostly due to the XP grind and Win 1000 multiplayer races. I was looking into this game, but lost interested due to aggressive MTX from what I've heard. Maybe someone who has played it, can share if it's that bad.

1000 multiplayer races trophy can de done solo ? there's only one multiplayer trophy that requires others human players.... ?

• Like 1

The game was released in December 2019 and up until a update in December 2021 the game had a long grind of 300+ hours. That's immense.
If you look at the latest achievers, 33 gamers have platted it since the latest update in December '21. Note that thus only 70 players platted it in the two years prior. Take also in account that not many players are playing right now. 

• Like 3

Most of the trophies can be obtained very quickly, the most annoying trophy is the XP grind. 

You can either spend 45-50 hours doing it on the same single corner tandem drift or spend 375 hours AFK with a rubberband around the controller.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MushuMixLipa said:

Most of the trophies can be obtained very quickly, the most annoying trophy is the XP grind. 

You can either spend 45-50 hours doing it on the same single corner tandem drift or spend 375 hours AFK with a rubberband around the controller.

Personally this is not a problem for me ? i ' m worried about beat five friends on multiplayer trophy https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/10117-carx-drift-racing-online/10-nothing-personal... i have no so much ps friends that love racing game!!!

14 minutes ago, matrelli01 said:

Personally this is not a problem for me 1f60c.png i ' m worried about beat five friends on multiplayer trophy https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/10117-carx-drift-racing-online/10-nothing-personal... i have no so much ps friends that love racing game!!!

Make a gaming session here or when in a big lobby add someone who's also on PS4 and invite them to do the races. I'm sure someone will help you out! It doesn't take longer than 5 minutes ?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, matrelli01 said:

The game is on sale right now. I love racing game but drift is not my favourite way of racing. I saw the guide and the game not seems so difficult: so, why the plat is so rare here? Grind? Online mode?

Yeah there were a few changes as mentioned above. It's at least 50hrs since the tandem drift grind requires you to perform identical drifts, which isn't the easiest although doable once you know how it works. It took at least 15hrs for that whilst some other parts are at least 15hrs each so 50hrs for everything.

Edited by Destructor-8
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Destructor-8 said:

Yeah there were a few changes as mentioned above. It's at least 50hrs since the tandem drift grind requires you to perform identical drifts, which isn't the easiest although doable once you know how it works. It took at least 15hrs for that whilst some other parts are at least 15hrs each so 50hrs for everything.

Your racing trophy list is very interesting... ☺️

• Like 1

As someone who is nr #8 fastest achiever on this game as of writing this (#5 when i got the plat) i can say that the reason this is so rare is cause of 2 things, 1 only recently there’s the tandem drift XP exploit that made the 200 - 300 something hour game into a 50 hour game, and i guess most people don’t know about that. The second thing is the grind, pretty much all the trophies require you to grind the same thing over and over and especially the tandems cause you actually need to get near perfect drifts everytime in order to actually make that method/exploit useful, which is pretty difficult i’d say it’s like 1 run per minute ish and that for 15 hours assuming you get good/ near perfect tries. Thats like the main thing. 

overall its not too hard if you get the hang of it, which in this game drifting is pretty easy, i only used 1 car and the only tune I modified was the angle in which the wheel turns, but i do not agree with the guide i’d say its a 5/10 and 50 hours 

the game itself is pretty good, but the trophies are just dreading.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I disagree with a 5/10 difficulty. The "hardest" part is getting gold medals on all tracks, which is stil very easy -> 3/10.

I can see how getting the plat in 30 hours is a 5/10 difficulty, but then again like mentioned in the guide, if you take time on your first run, you can consistently get max XP per run without being that good at the game. Also, the listed time to plat is based on the assumption that everything done is efficient progress for the trophies and therefore includes no free play/multiplayer shenanigans or something like that.

But I still might increase the required time to plat to make it a better estimation for the average player/experience. 

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
On 7/4/2023 at 10:14 AM, ZytHuM- said:

It's not particularly difficult, but it's a boring grind.

I'm playing it in short sessions, so it can't became boring to me ?

It depenss take a while but doing tandem in parking in 40h are doable to max level *30 basicaly game are driftiing until this 6,7million exp

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/6/2022 at 10:43 AM, Alex_R-13 said:

I disagree with a 5/10 difficulty. The "hardest" part is getting gold medals on all tracks, which is stil very easy -> 3/10.

I can see how getting the plat in 30 hours is a 5/10 difficulty, but then again like mentioned in the guide, if you take time on your first run, you can consistently get max XP per run without being that good at the game. Also, the listed time to plat is based on the assumption that everything done is efficient progress for the trophies and therefore includes no free play/multiplayer shenanigans or something like that.

But I still might increase the required time to plat to make it a better estimation for the average player/experience. 

Are there any cars that make this significantly easier? Having played this for a bit using both the Hachi-Roku and the Hornet GT, getting gold on drifting challenges feels basically impossible since cars in this game control like buttery bricks that somehow simultaneously can't steer at all even when in a drift unless I'm going super slowly and not drifting at all, so actually chaining a drift together feels herculean between the occasional spin out and the many, many wall crashes.

Edited by Walt the Dog

2 minutes ago, Walt the Dog said:

Are there any cars that make this significantly easier? Having played this for a bit using both the Hachi-Roku and the Hornet GT, getting gold on drifting challenges feels basically impossible since cars in this game control like buttery bricks that somehow simultaneously can't steer at all even when in a drift unless I'm going super slowly and not drifting at all, so actually chaining a drift together feels herculean.

Try the challenges with a class 5 car + ultimate setup

Decided to fuck around and use the Kei Truck (Racing setup) on the time trials and so far, I've blasted both Parking times by nearly a minute and a half and the Navaro Base A Forwards time by nearly 2 minutes. Assuming the time trials for the Kei Truck are all busted like this, this might be the easiest way to get all golds by a long shot considering you can get by barely drifting at all.

EDIT: Time trials make the golds super easy. Using the Kei Truck, the only time trial that took me a few tries was Winter Red Ring (Normal) due to the absurdly slippery road even with the Racing setup along with a relatively tight time that is for some reason a second lower than the much simpler non-Winter version. Pretty much everything else can be done with about a minute if not half the listed time to spare (never mind the shocking number of time trials where the gold time is above the 5 minute time limit that each stage has). Not sure if there are any cars whose listed times for Winter Red Ring are more forgiving since target times are set per car, though it's not particularly worthwhile to look when the time can be gotten with a bit of elbow grease anyway.

Kei Truck's West Coast Arena trial is also a good way to grind money since it has a blistering 3:49 gold time for a track that can be done in under 25 seconds easily, meaning the time bonus is through the roof.

Edited by Walt the Dog
  • Like 2