Star Wars Jedi: Survivor (April 28, 2023)

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor coming to PS4

PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions of Star Wars Jedi: Survivor are currently in the “early stages” of development, publisher Electronic Arts said during its earnings briefing today.

A release date was not announced.

https://www.gematsu.com/2023/08/star-wars-jedi-survivor-coming-to-ps4-xbox-one

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/1/2023 at 5:48 PM, ziggypossum said:

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor coming to PS4

PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions of Star Wars Jedi: Survivor are currently in the “early stages” of development, publisher Electronic Arts said during its earnings briefing today.

A release date was not announced.

https://www.gematsu.com/2023/08/star-wars-jedi-survivor-coming-to-ps4-xbox-one

I cannot fathom the stupidity of this. The game launched highly buggy on Xbox Series X/S, PS5, and even Windows. 

So sure, let's put it on PS4 and Xbox One. Sony and Microsoft don't lock high demanding games to the PS4 Pro and Xbox One X. So, the game will be even more of a compromised mess running on the vanilla hardware.

This will probably launch Q1 or Q2 2024 if it's not cancelled. By then, few AAA games will still be coming to PS4 and Xbox One. 

And besides, how many PS4 and Xbox One owners are pining for Jedi Survivor? A lot of them will probably get an PS5 or Xbox Series one day anyway. 

• Like 3

On 10/4/2023 at 9:52 PM, ChiefMichigan said:

I cannot fathom the stupidity of this. The game launched highly buggy on Xbox Series X/S, PS5, and even Windows. 

So sure, let's put it on PS4 and Xbox One. Sony and Microsoft don't lock high demanding games to the PS4 Pro and Xbox One X. So, the game will be even more of a compromised mess running on the vanilla hardware.

This will probably launch Q1 or Q2 2024 if it's not cancelled. By then, few AAA games will still be coming to PS4 and Xbox One. 

And besides, how many PS4 and Xbox One owners are pining for Jedi Survivor? A lot of them will probably get an PS5 or Xbox Series one day anyway. 

I totally agree with you. They should fix the PS5 version first before bringing out a PS4 version of the game. I recently played the game. Got the platinium today. It is still buggy and glitched as hell. A lot of people still have big problems with glitched trophies. 

For me. I had a lot of perfomance issues even if I played in the performance mode. The game keeps lagging and gets high frame drops at some points. Also I got 3 crashes and 1 hard crash where my safe file got deleted because it was broken. I lost 2 hours of progress and needed to download the safe file from the cloud. Sometimes I even flew through the map or got stuck at some points. Its a good game from the story and the open world but performance wise its a shame what they released in my opinion.

Best regards,

fischyyy

• Like 3

On 10/4/2023 at 8:52 PM, ChiefMichigan said:

Survivor was actually the game that convinced me to upgrade to the PS5 (well, it was the last one of my "ps5 wishlist" to be released)

That was some anti-climax, played about 25 hours then shelved it for 6 months waiting for it to be fixed

• Like 1