Star Wars Jedi: Survivor (April 28, 2023)

I'll probably get it if it sounds like an improvement over the first. Would really like it if they made the platforming better and added worlds that felt more lively.

37 minutes ago, ziggypossum said:

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor picks up 5 years after the events of Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order.

that’s handy - the audio from the cutscenes in the first game should have just about caught up by then ?

Here's hoping they don't milk the success of Fallen Order by tacking on DLCs. I truly enjoy getting a finished product without being upsold content that should have been included at launch.

12 hours ago, ziggypossum said:

STAR WARS JEDI: SURVIVOR

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor picks up 5 years after the events of Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order.

Cal must stay one step ahead of the Empire’s constant pursuit as he continues to feel the weight of being one of the last remaining Jedi in the galaxy. Developed by the veteran team at Respawn Entertainment, Jedi: Survivor will expand upon iconic Star Wars stories, worlds, and characters, and thrilling combat first experienced in Jedi: Fallen Order.

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor is being built for the current generation of gaming hardware to create a deeper and more expansive Star Wars experience for players worldwide when the game launches in 2023.

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor announced for PS5, Xbox Series, and PC

Due out in 2023

https://www.gematsu.com/2022/05/star-wars-jedi-survivor-announced-for-ps5-xbox-series-and-pc

Loved the first game and even got the plat as well! So I am eager to play this one :D Also, the inquisitor looks fucking dope! 

SWCA 2022: RESPAWN’S STIG ASMUSSEN TALKS STAR WARS JEDI: SURVIVOR AND REFLECTS ON ITS PREDECESSOR – EXCLUSIVE

THE DIRECTOR BEHIND STAR WARS JEDI: FALLEN ORDER SPEAKS TO STARWARS.COM ABOUT THE NEW TEASER FOR ITS HIGHLY-ANTICIPATED SEQUEL AND MUCH MORE.

https://www.starwars.com/news/swca-2022-star-wars-jedi-survivor-interview

The first 2 episodes of Obi Wan Kenobi is out which features the Grand Inquisitor, 3rd Sister & 5th Brother. Does this game occur before that timeline? Or After? I think you guys know where I’m going with this. Obviously there are spoilers which I don’t want to ruin for those who haven’t watched yet. 

1 hour ago, trojbrown40 said:

The first 2 episodes of Obi Wan Kenobi is out which features the Grand Inquisitor, 3rd Sister & 5th Brother. Does this game occur before that timeline? Or After? I think you guys know where I’m going with this. Obviously there are spoilers which I don’t want to ruin for those who haven’t watched yet. 

The exact same time! Fallen Order took place 5 years after Revenge of the Sith, Survivor takes place 5 years after that (10 years later), Obi Wan series also takes place 10 years later. I doubt Cal will in Obi Wan...but Survivor has all the time in the world right now to allow Obi Wan into the game. 

Edited by Viper

STAR WARS Jedi: Survivor, huh?

Well, I think it’s fair to say I’m looking forward to this.

IMO, Jedi: Fallen Order was great. The only real downside (to me, at least) was the lack of any fast travel - this was a major inconvenience for me given just how big some of the planets/locations are, the given paths you must take to reach certain areas (eg. the Tomb of Eilram and the Tomb of Miktrull, both located on planet Zeffo) just to find a missing collectible or two post-story, sometimes these could send you off to some place completely opposite to the Mantis. Additionally, navigating the in-game map was kind of annoying for me, especially when switching between floors/layers. The locations themselves however were great, not only did I like visiting the planets I’ve never seen before despite having been a Star Wars fan for most of my life (although Disney’s overall management of this franchise since they bought it off George Lucas now a decade ago, is questionable at best) but exploring more of the planet(s) I have known already too (Kashyyyk).

Putting all of that aside, Jedi: Fallen Order does everything else great for me. Yeah, I know I’m just repeating myself here but that’s all I’ve really got to say about it. This game is great, simply great…

…But before I go completely there are two more things I’d like to add:

#1 - I won’t mention, or should I say spoil anything big that happened throughout Jedi: Fallen Order’s story should people be reading this and for whatever reason they haven’t yet completed the game for themselves (but if you have… Well, to quote Pusha T on DAYTONA “if you know you know”). So anyway, what happened right at the very end of the game was fucking badass and I totally wasn’t expecting it. Jedi: Survivor…? Bring it on, Respawn!

#2 - Ok, I’m not quite sure how popular or unpopular this opinion is, but I’m glad the sequel is not getting a release for the PS4 and the Xbox One. I get that there are people who still can’t buy the new consoles from either Sony and MS but the fact is we can’t spend too much time catering to now-last generation hardware, why? Because the longer we spend developing games with two console generations in mind the more new games won’t be allowed to truely take advantage of new technology and all that good shit because the publisher wanted a PS4/XB1 to exist (except for, in rare cases, games such as Godfall that were developed with 9th gen. console hardware in mind, then months after release they dumb-down the existing product to be playable on 8th gen. consoles) then they’ll say it’s because (as I’ve said earlier) people still can’t get their hands on the new consoles, that’s where I call BS. Just another example of game developers and/or publishers prioritising selling the most copies out of a game at the cost of said game’s overall quality/performance.

Basically what I’m asking here is for others to not be mad an upcoming or current game is, or will be exclusive to the new/current generation of consoles which you still can’t get one for yourself. Honestly, it’s amazing really just how impatient some gamers can be in situations such as this, lil’ punks be like: “bUt I wAnT tHe NeW rAtChEt AnD cLaNk GaMe On mY pS4 ToO!” To anybody reading me with a mentality like this, may I suggest that you STFU and wait until you do a PS5 so you can play the game at its best, just like I did. Seriously…

Edited by TurningRedEye

• 6 months later...

EA Starts Marketing for Star Wars Jedi Survivor Ahead of The Game Awards

EA has started its marketing for Star Wars Jedi Survivor ahead of announcements that will be made at The Game Awards on December 8.

Last week, Insider Gaming exclusively reported that Star Wars Jedi Survivor will be at the event with a new trailer, release date, and pre-orders going live.

The marketing comes from EA Star Wars’ social media pages, where their banner and logo have been updated to feature Star Wars Jedi Survivor.

Insider Gaming understands that the game is likely to be shown around 30 minutes into the event.

https://insider-gaming.com/star-wars-survivor-marketing/

LqNvsfE.jpg

Edited by ziggypossum
TGA 2022
  • Like 1

I'll wait for a sale. Shoot, I even did that with the first game and was less cautious about it than this one.

The story was really good in Fallen Order, possibly great. The characters were fantastic, and the combat was enjoyable. A lot of the traversal and environments sucked big time. I can kind of understand the nonlinear traveling on your way to objectives once you leave the Mantis. But there should've been fast travel to return to the Mantis during the story and when revisiting planets. 

As a huge star wars fan, i loved that they brought us such great worlds. Even if their only "new" planets were bogano and zeffo (can't think of any other source prior to JFO).

Story was entertaining but your adventure was almost pointless because you end with almost the same situation as you started. That was obviously due to the limitations disney gave to respawn, they didn't want them to have an inpact on canon. Maybe they allow them to take more risks in the sequel. Combat was good even though i prefered force unleashed's combat system. Good SP star wars games have become very rare so jedi survivor will defintely be a day 1 buy for me.

Edited by westersburg
  • Like 2