Star Wars Jedi: Survivor (April 28, 2023)

Definitely a day 1 buy for me. I absolutely loved the first game. Based on the trailer, I’m assuming (and hoping) we’ll get some back story similar to how the first game showed young Cal. I just want some explanation for Cere’s complete transformation. Also interested to see how the blaster combat is supposed to work.Β 
Β 

21 hours ago, westersburg said:

Story was entertaining but your adventure was almost pointless because you end with almost the same situation as you started.

That was my only issue with the first game, but I also felt it could’ve been a little bit longer (if the story actually went somewhere). So I’m hoping that Jedi Survivor can do more, both with the story and the length.Β 

Edited by GodsOfBananas

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/27/2022 at 5:38 PM, NetoStyle said:

Good news! I loved the first one. Only thing I ask is adding "Fast Travel" to the ship or at least closer to it. It was very annoying having to go all the way back to the ship on certain maps!

Β 

As much as Fallen Order was one of my favorite games ever, I fully agree this is one of my biggest problems that id like to see solved in this one

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/05/2022 at 10:38 PM, NetoStyle said:

Good news! I loved the first one. Only thing I ask is adding "Fast Travel" to the ship or at least closer to it. It was very annoying having to go all the way back to the ship on certain maps!

good story enjoyed it overall,dont think i would buy the next one2hrs to walk halfway across the map to get a collectable then 2hrs walk back no thanks.needs a few map tweeks and some sort of fast travel

41 minutes ago, darthadi said:

good story enjoyed it overall,dont think i would buy the next one2hrs to walk halfway across the map to get a collectable then 2hrs walk back no thanks.needs a few map tweeks and some sort of fast travel

Absolutely agree

though maybe fixing the map would work just as good as having a quick travel option

if nothing else we need 2-3 quick travel points per map just to make going through everything quicker.

Don't get me wrong it's a blast the first time (or maybe if time passes between playthroughs) to go slowly through the map, fighting everyone. But if you are looking to revisit a specific area for a trophy or just to explore... it can be a d r a g!

12 hours ago, Dantes_994 said:

Absolutely agree

though maybe fixing the map would work just as good as having a quick travel option

if nothing else we need 2-3 quick travel points per map just to make going through everything quicker.

Don't get me wrong it's a blast the first time (or maybe if time passes between playthroughs) to go slowly through the map, fighting everyone. But if you are looking to revisit a specific area for a trophy or just to explore... it can be a d r a g!

only played it a few weeks ago when it was free on ps+Β  Β dont understand why you would make a game like that surly when you finish the mission you could get a cut sceen and return to ship or something,deff needs some changes

• 2 weeks later...

I was using a collectible guide so the navigation didn’t really bother me and I can understand that there will be unskippableΒ Β plot/fight during navigation.

Β 

that being said I do agree that more navigation cues are needed and map/game hint feature were useless in FO, maybe they could implement like GoW ragnarok did.

Β 

And enable fast travel at least after main story.

Edited by Maverick6146

• 3 weeks later...

Β 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/15/2023 at 5:48 AM, AndyKurosaki77 said:

Going to rent this. The previous game was good, but the map was an utter mess. After a few hours I kind of lost track of what I was meant to be doing (the joys of dyspraxia 1f604.png). So I got bored and gave up.

I might rent it now as well since I read you are "forced" to download a "day 1 patch" to unlock the game even if you et the Physical edition. That is a bad practice.

• Like 1

Β 

• Like 1

Jedi Survivor had the choice of spending more time in development but the director (Stig Asmussen) refused this option due to the project’s release window.

Β 

"When we first started having conversations about extending the date I was asked how much time & I said six weeks. That was exactly April 28. We stress-tested that date, & looked at what else was coming out around the same time period & we felt like it was a really good landing spot for us. There was an option to extend it a little bit longer but it’s like no, we can get it done in six weeks.β€œ

Article -> Jedi: Survivor’s Director Should Have Gone With The Extra Dev Time

Β 

Β 

Edited by Ghost