Whats your psvita battery life lenght

Mandic232

strange... I have always thought my 3DS battery life > Vita battery life if playing non-stop...

also strange that i have do minimum brightness, no other tab open, flight mode and no volume.. but it only stays up to 6 hours maxed..

Dunno what to tell you. My 3DS only lasts 3-4 hours at best. I got my 3DS used, so it's possible whoever had it before me messed up the battery though.

But I don't have flight mode on, I manually turn everything off. Otherwise, everytime I would turn it off to sync trophies or whatever, everything would come on at the same time and drain the battery more. Maybe my Vita is just some kind of mutant, but there are other people out there with similar battery life.

For a lot of people playing without wifi is not an option becouse a lot of games actually require that you are signed in psn. Along with the screen brightness that would give you more battery life indeed but i still think its a lot. I play mine like you should, so brightness around 50%, wifi on and sometimes with headphones. I think for most people this is the way. When i turn wifi off and turn screen down it feels a bit like driving my car slowly to save gas. But since everyone uses it differently i can only say i am positively surprised by that 10 to 15 hours. The vita is even better than i thought it was. 5 hours with everything on is very well possible, if charging the correct way, and can only be longer by saving.

After reading this topic I took a step back before buying a VITA, this battery times are pretty bad I hope the SLIM gets this sorted.....

Battlery life seems more important than a tiny difference between OLED and LCD

The new Vita will last a hour longer....but the OLED is much better then LCD....

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/3203073/ku-xlarge.jpg

Top one is the current system

bottom one is the new system.

My Vita can handle around 5-6 hours but it's just brand new so maybe it's because of that...

mine can prob last 5 hrs while playing all stars battle royale offline and bout 4 hours online ,how much can your vita last while  surfing or playing games offline/online

Mine lasts for about 20 hours since it's different from all other vitas. It was created in the forges of Valhalla during the age of ragnarok to defeat fenrir. Great thread. Since all our vita's are individual and use different archetecture.

I can generally play it for around 10-15 hours, depending on the game. It helps battery life if you wait for it to completely charge before using it, and then letting it completely die before charging it.

Nope Vita doesn't last 10-15 hours playing unless your using minimum brightness/ headphones a must as speakers will drain battery much faster

while playing the most retro game that wont even push a 10 mhz out of the processor. (even with that i have doubts but it can be possible as i didn't test such retro mini game)

As for letting battery completly die, this is the worst thing you can do to it unless you dont mind killing your Lithium-ion battery

i advice charging when it gives the low battery message, partial charges are the best way to keep your battery alive for some more years.

http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/do_and_dont_battery_table

Back to main question, it depends on the game of how much my battery last:

using max brightness/ flight mode/ on a heavy 3D game like Sen no Kiseki around 3h40m before giving message low battery

using max brightness/ flight mode/ on a less demanding graphic 2D game like disgaea or masou kishin 4h40m

Nope Vita doesn't last 10-15 hours playing unless your using minimum brightness/ headphones a must as speakers will drain battery much faster

while playing the most retro game that wont even push a 10 mhz out of the processor. (even with that i have doubts but it can be possible as i didn't test such retro mini game)

As for letting battery completly die, this is the worst thing you can do to it unless you dont mind killing your Lithium-ion battery

i advice charging when it gives the low battery message, partial charges are the best way to keep your battery alive for some more years.

http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/do_and_dont_battery_table

Back to main question, it depends on the game of how much my battery last:

using max brightness/ flight mode/ on a heavy 3D game like Sen no Kiseki around 3h40m before giving message low battery

using max brightness/ flight mode/ on a less demanding graphic 2D game like disgaea or masou kishin 4h40m

Someone didn't read the whole topic.

The battery life depends on the game but I can generally get between 6-8 hours from my Vita before it needs to be charged. I get more play time from my Vita than I do from my 3DS and I've used my Vita pretty much every single day since it launched while I rarely use my 3DS. 

Parker