How to Deactivate your PS3 System(s)

XxTigerheartxX

http://www.qriocity.com/us/en/

1. Sign in using your PSN account

2. Click on the Account tab

3. On the left, select Media & Devices

4. On the four options that show up, click on GAME

5. Deactivate All

6. You are about to deactivate all devices on your account for game media.

• This action can be performed only once every 6 months.
  • To play games that were previously downloaded, you will need to activate a device from the [Account Management] menu on the device.

Are you sure you want to continue?

Select [YES]

That's all you can do at the moment until Playstation releases their new page that allows you to deactivate one single system.

• Like 3

Just a warning to everyone. You can only do this method once every six months right now and it will not deactivate video activation from a past machine. It's just for game activations from past systems. Still a great way to get rid of systems you no longer have or had to send in.

..i have a question. When you say:

5. Deactivate All

...what do you mean? will it deactivate 1 account on all the PS3s it was activated on, OR just deactivate all the accounts on your system you do this on? cuz i have a YLOD'd PS3, so i wanna deactivate my accounts on the thing

..i have a question. When you say:

...what do you mean? will it deactivate 1 account on all the PS3s it was activated on, OR just deactivate all the accounts on your system you do this on? cuz i have a YLOD'd PS3, so i wanna deactivate my accounts on the thing

it deactivates you're the account activated on the system. So if you have more accounts activated than you have to sign into each one and follow the above directions.

Sorry for being confused, but I still am a little bit. I think it would be cleared up if someone could answer this yes or no question for me.

Will performing this action from my PlayStation 3 console deactivate my PSN account from all five systems that my PSN account is activated on?

Sorry for being confused, but I still am a little bit. I think it would be cleared up if someone could answer this yes or no question for me.

Will performing this action from my PlayStation 3 console deactivate my PSN account from all five systems that my PSN account is activated on?

What part don't you get...are ya' dense? :P

In all seriousness...I don't know now neither. At one time you would just deactivate the one console, but this is new:

5. Deactivate All

Unless there is some fine-print I am missing, it sure does sound like ALL (as described) consoles would be affected.

Like Azkos, can someone who has actually done so recently clarify if a user can still chose individual consoles, or is it all or nothing?

I'm reading it as deactivating your account for downloaded content on "all" systems that are currently using it. Then it is a simple task of re-instating it on your own console and in my case my daughters ps3 too so that she can play the games i've bought from the store. I could be wrong but that seems to be the case, so Azakos the answer is yes all five systems will be deactivated from your account until they are re-activated using the option, all currently downloaded games on your own system will work again once this is done.

if u click the link on the first post and sign into the site you can deactivate all your systems at once nd then you will have to sign into each ps3 system seperately to re-activate it to play games and such, hope this helps.

also if you click on, media and devices then whichever media you want to de-actviate on all ps3 systems it will do it tht way then just sign into your ps3 system and re-activate it from their.

Edited by shelby900

if u click the link on the first post and sign into the site you can deactivate all your systems at once nd then you will have to sign into each ps3 system seperately to re-activate it to play games and such, hope this helps.

Yes, see, this is new. At one time, you could just deactivate 1 console or you had the option of deactivating ALL of them. Now that option is gone, and I think it is due to the fact that with the new "2 console" rule, it is a way of maintaining that.

So after I deactivate, what happens to the PS3 I'm on? I just get signed out and have to sign back in?

after you de-activate them you have to sign in on the system which you want activating again and re-activate as you did before, then enjoy gaming again

Yes, see, this is new. At one time, you could just deactivate 1 console or you had the option of deactivating ALL of them. Now that option is gone, and I think it is due to the fact that with the new "2 console" rule, it is a way of maintaining that.

this is new but i think it is also a good idea as i had 3 systems activated which had gone a few years ago, and my friend is down to his last activation, the 2 system rule is abit of a bother as i will have to activate 1 system when sum1 needs help and then de0activate that 1 to activate another which is goin to be a pain at the least lol

You will be unable to Remote deactivate your PSP.

So in case your PSP breaks, get stolen or you forget to deactivate it before selling it... Well you fucked

I've got it now. Hopefully they will add the abitility to remote deactivate a psp system at some point in the future. Not that I play psp much anyway but with the new vita coming out it can't hurt to free up some slots.

• 1 month later...

Ok i have one problem. So my brother has a PS3 old 60gb system. It took a poop on him so he bought a new 320gb PS3 slim. His account is active on both systems, both my father and I have PS3's. My brother will be house sitting at both mine and my fathers house. I logged into my PS3 as my brother and activated his account and downloaded Tiger woods golf so he wouldnt be board. Then I went to my Fathers house and attempted to do the same thing for the same reason. It said he had too many accounts actived, so I went back home and deactivated my ps3 so we could get the ps3 at my fathers house all squared away. Then i red in the online manual that you can log onto the web site and deactivate all of the PS3s and then reactivate the ones you want to use. I talked to my brother about that and decided to go that route. Seeing that there would only be 3 PS3s active there should not be a problem. At about 11pm tonight (wed 18th) I deactivated all of the PS3s that were active. When I went to reactivate my brothers ps3 on my ps3 I got "An error has occured. (80029780)" I have searched the net and it seems as though the error is because Sony thinks that we are game sharing, and the only way to fix this is to not log into my brothers account for 7 days. I find this hard to belive but then again most of the stuff thats hard to belive now-a-days is the truth. My question is this, What does the error really mean and how do i fix this so my brother can play golf while he is at my house and my fathers house with out having to transport his ps3?

• Like 1

Ok i have one problem. So my brother has a PS3 old 60gb system. It took a poop on him so he bought a new 320gb PS3 slim. His account is active on both systems, both my father and I have PS3's. My brother will be house sitting at both mine and my fathers house. I logged into my PS3 as my brother and activated his account and downloaded Tiger woods golf so he wouldnt be board. Then I went to my Fathers house and attempted to do the same thing for the same reason. It said he had too many accounts actived, so I went back home and deactivated my ps3 so we could get the ps3 at my fathers house all squared away. Then i red in the online manual that you can log onto the web site and deactivate all of the PS3s and then reactivate the ones you want to use. I talked to my brother about that and decided to go that route. Seeing that there would only be 3 PS3s active there should not be a problem. At about 11pm tonight (wed 18th) I deactivated all of the PS3s that were active. When I went to reactivate my brothers ps3 on my ps3 I got "An error has occured. (80029780)" I have searched the net and it seems as though the error is because Sony thinks that we are game sharing, and the only way to fix this is to not log into my brothers account for 7 days. I find this hard to belive but then again most of the stuff thats hard to belive now-a-days is the truth. My question is this, What does the error really mean and how do i fix this so my brother can play golf while he is at my house and my fathers house with out having to transport his ps3?

You could try this:

Account Management -- account information -- sign in ID (E-mail Address) -- enter your password -- Enter another new E-mail.

And it may fix the problem.

Edit: Also anything you have purchased after november 2011 can only be used on 2 PS3s