Number of spheres for expert grid to beat all post game bosses

Lava_Yuki

I loaded up my save from 2014 where I just completed the game, got all aeons and had chosen the expert grid, and looking it it I have jumped over a lot of the clear nodes. My grid is very minimally and randomly filled. 

Is there a list of the exact number of spheres for each stat and what stat number is required for the expert grid to beat penance and all dark aeons? Most guides seem to be about the standard grid, and the info on the required HP and luck seems vague, with suggesting 130 luck while japanese guides saying 250, and then. 

If anyone knows, what's the minimum stat requirement and also the number of each sphere needed beat the post game bosses for the platinum using the expert grid? Particularly luck, agility and hp, as these seem to vary with different guides. 

it's possible to yojimbo but not sure if they want the easy or hard route in going about finishing the game. 130 luck seems about right. 255 in every stat minus evasion (60 would help).  but i don't have any experience in the expert grid so i cant give any other helpful advice. 

edit: the pal/japan versions have a different stat formula 230 luck and 60 evasion.

Edited by Lordguwa

It's been years since I did it but I'm almost 100% sure I didn't use luck at all.

I Yojimbo'd all of them, except Yojimbo ironically, and for him I used Auto-Life and Ultima which can't miss. Luck is only needed for physical attacks afaik.

I just couldn't Yojimbo Yojimbo so I had to patchwork something outta what I had lol.

there is no real point to bother with making everyone everything as your better off for post game just one shoting everyone with Yojimbo and if all else fails just get Wakka maxed out so he can basically deal the major dmg as if you make him fast enough he can have about 2 goes and if he is given the right items and buffs he can be a major killer same with Aaron and if you bothered to level him up karmit the cat dude can't spell his name to save my life but you get what I mean. 

Agility is 170 for sure and breaking the hp limit is unnecessary. And 130 Luck paired with the other stats maxed is for guaranteed hit/crit. Forget how much lower you can go if you ignore her but its one of the Magus Sisters that requires 130 as the peak if you wanna try them with a bit lower.

And from Sephirosuy's guide on GFAQs the following should be the total stats contained in the expert grid -

Tidus   Yuna    Auron    Kimahri     Wakka     Lulu      Rikku
HP           2000   1800     3600        200      3400     2000       3200
Strength       31     16       47          2        31        9         18
Defence        21     22       22          2        17       32         11
Magic           9     41        6          2        33       30         15
M Def           3     33       22          0         0       48         11
MP            190    220       40          0       120      240        200
Agility        30     30       11          0        16       17         42
Luck            3      0        0          0         2        0          9
Evasion        19     28        8          0        10       43          4
Accuracy       18      0        1          0        27       10         11

This wont count characters starting stats so in theory you should need 2-5 less of each but if the above stat board is true then you would need -

26 Strength spheres, 32 Defence spheres, 30 Magic spheres, 35 Magic Def spheres, 28 Agility spheres, 29 Luck spheres, 36 Evasion spheres, and 47 Accuracy spheres. Am unsure how many clear spheres would be needed.

Edited by TheFalseDeity
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, KingGuy420 said:

It's been years since I did it but I'm almost 100% sure I didn't use luck at all.

I Yojimbo'd all of them, except Yojimbo ironically, and for him I used Auto-Life and Ultima which can't miss. Luck is only needed for physical attacks afaik.

I just couldn't Yojimbo Yojimbo so I had to patchwork something outta what I had lol.

You can Yojimbo Yojimbo too, but it may take some few attempts, and you'd want to make the correct choice when recruiting and you can "train" him.

Furthermore, expert grid is just downright worse than the normal one. To really get good stats, you'll also want to remove spheres and replace them with better ones.

Edited by MMDE

• 5 weeks later...

I am planning to Play this Game again in ps5 after ps2,ps3,ps4 and in Switch and i have Always maxed Out Luck because you can save nodes of accuracy and evasion Then since These arent needed. Although 230 Luck would be enough apparently.

Makes No Sense investing in 2 different stats when you can have both in 1 plus guaranteed crits. Except of course the time sink needed for Fortune spheres. Sorry for my english