Hard Pass Trophy

TrophyChief

27 minutes ago, JayLatte said:

I just got the trophy with this method!!! Thank you!!!

I have updated my profile.

Pardon my ignorance, but in the use of completing this run 'offline', does that mean just playing without internet connection?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, G-SKI44 said:

Pardon my ignorance, but in the use of completing this run 'offline', does that mean just playing without internet connection?

Essentially yes, just so the game doesn't automatically update I assume.

4 hours ago, Fredsinator said:

So, I got 100% of the achievements on Steam on Thursday and during the play through which I unlocked the achievement Hard Pass. I picked up at least one tarot card in each chapter and when I got a reading from Eliza I chose not see more every time. I was going for the Kill Everyone achievement as well. Though messed up during chapter 5 with Dylan and got him infected so couldn't kill him, but the rest of the main counselors died (so didn't get that achievement at the same time). I killed Chris Hacket then had Travis shoot Laura and Ryan because I had Laura shoot him in chapter 7 instead of using the syringe to knock him out. Just trying to remember everything and give as much information for the trophy

Just look at your PATH in the menu, there you will see all the details and if you post them here maybe we will figure it out, unless you played unpatched which i'm not sure how it works on steam!

44 minutes ago, JayLatte said:

Okay everyone, im offline and deleted game etc.

going to start new and follow the way JayLatte got.

630pm ima start (,607p now) i wont sleep till i hit chapter 10 i guess. Ill let people know once it pops or doesnt

30 minutes ago, Tripple_Barnett said:

Happy other people are getting the trophy. Too bad digital players are screwed until a patch though

lol i looked on ps5 game menu, under youtube game videos and quite a few of yours popped up lol. Appreciate your dedication to the cause

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

630pm ima start (,607p now) i wont sleep till i hit chapter 10 i guess. Ill let people know once it pops or doesnt

lol i looked on ps5 game menu, under youtube game videos and quite a few of yours popped up lol. Appreciate your dedication to the cause

11 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

Thank you. I appreciate the shoutout. I have had a lot of fun with this game for the most part!

Edited by Tripple_Barnett

55 minutes ago, JayLatte said:

Do you have to do this in one sitting? If so, i'll try this in the morning when I wake up, it's currently 2:18am. Also, are you allowed to pause there is no doubt someone will interrupt me during the playthrough.

Just now, Beatle-Girl said:

Do you have to do this in one sitting? If so, i'll try this in the morning when I wake up, it's currently 2:18am. Also, are you allowed to pause there is no doubt someone will interrupt me during the playthrough.

I did just in case so I would recommend doing it too.

Yes you are allowed to pause the game, I paused it many times during my 7 hour playthrough.

I hope this helps!

3 minutes ago, JayLatte said:

Yes you are allowed to pause the game, I paused it many times during my 7 hour playthrough.

I hope this helps!

thanks! i'll go through this in the morning, i'll just back up all my saved data now. 

we all really appreciate the help!! :)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JayLatte said:

I hope this helps!

yeah, im gonna start pretty quick. following a written guide so everyone stays alive but im ONLY grabbing Tarot cards... except Justice and Hierophant right?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

yeah, im gonna start pretty quick. following a written guide so everyone stays alive but im ONLY grabbing Tarot cards.

I killed both Emma and Jacob to save time and that didn't effect the trophy popping. It was also so I didn't accidentally grab the Justice card.

6 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

except Justice and Hierophant right?

Yes

6 minutes ago, Beatle-Girl said:

thanks! i'll go through this in the morning, i'll just back up all my saved data now. 

we all really appreciate the help!! :)

No worries!! ?

Edited by JayLatte
Typo

1 hour ago, TrophyChief said:

As promised for those that want details and are determined to get the trophy before patch goes live. Again, did this while offline the whole time on Version 1.00 using the PS5 disk version. I did this run while going for the Peanut Butter Butter Pops! trophy which I earned on the same playthrough. Knocked out both trophies in one playthrough.

Tarot's collected 19/22:

• The Fool
  • Temperance
  • The Hanged Man
  • The Star
  • The Tower
  • Strength
  • The Magician
  • The Devil
  • The Hermit
  • The Moon
  • The Chariot
  • The World
  • The Empress
  • The Lovers
  • Wheel of Fortune
  • The Emperor
  • Death
  • The Sun
  • Judgement

Evidence 2/10:

• Empty Vial
  • Torn Bags

Clues:

Freakshow Fire 5/9:

• Harum Scarum Poster
  • Escapology Trunk
  • Broken Cage
  • Newspaper Headline Scrap
  • Damaged Memorabilia

Hackett History 4/19:

• Family Photo
  • Trail Camera
  • Bizarre Yet Bonafide Podcast
  • Ancestral Portrait

Camp History 9/12:

• Bloodied Collar
  • Hunting Notice
  • Camp Plaque
  • Camp Song Recording
  • Information Signpost
  • Lodge Renovation Plans
  • Counselor's Ledger
  • Spooky Drawing
  • Campers Photo

Paths 13/15:

Laura & Max:

• Laura tried to help Max after he was attacked in the storm shelter
  • Max was concerned about Laura's wellbeing in the prison
  • Laura was sympathetic to Max over his rejection letter
  • Laura was supportive of Travis during their imprisonment

Above The Law:

• Laura was honest with the cop about the accident on the road
  • Laura didn't try to take Travis' gun
  • Laura used the syringe on Travis during her Max's escape
  • Laura did not shoot Constance
  • Laura did not attack Jedediah
  • Travis decided ti work with Laura to find Silas

A Fool's Errand:

• Jacob removed the rotor arm from the minivan
  • The minivan failed to start, so the counselors couldn't leave Hackett's Quarry
  • The rotor arm fell out of Jacob's pocket when he was swimming in the lake
  • Jacob chose not to dive into the lake in search of the lost rotor arm
  • The rotor arm is lost forever

Down The Rabbit Hole:

• Abi chose to help Emma break into the cabin
  • Abi was able to explore inside the cabin
  • Abi put the forgotten toy in her bag
  • Abi left her backpack in the lodge kitchen
  • Kaitlyn, Abi and Nick were able to hide in the cabin without alerting the creature
  • Dylan was bitten by the creature when trying to hook up the feedback loop

Playing With Fire:

• Emma chose not to take the fireworks with her
  • Emma fired the shotgun into the air when rejoining the others

Watch Your Step;

• Dylan opened the trapdoor in Chris' office
  • Dylan loosened a rung on the ladder
  • The ladder rung broke when Abi climbed up

Pieces of Silver

• Abi came to Nick's aid when he was attacked in the woods
  • Nick appreciated Abi trying to help him during the attack
  • Abi shot Nick in the poolhouse and he fled out the window
  • Abi offered Laura her bracelet to fashion into a silver bullet

Finders Keepers:

• Ryan raced through the forest in time to see Nick being dragged away by the hunter
  • Ryan took a shot and hit the hunter
  • Ryan picked up the vial dropped by the hunter
  • Laura declined Ryan's offer of the blood vial

Distraction:

• Jacob didn't distract the hunter
  • The hunter poured blood over Jacob's face
  • Ryan heard a rustling and fired the shotgun, killing Jacob

Helping Hand:

• Ryan decided to sever Dylan's hand
  • Ryan used the chainsaw to sever Dylan's hand
  • Dylan's infection stopped spreading

The White Whale:

• Laura did not shoot Travis when escaping her cell
  • Ryan shot Chris Hackett with silver, curing his line of infection
  • Ryan survived the ordeal at the Hackett House
  • Laura, Travis and Ryan decided to work together to find Silas
  • Laura, Travis and Ryan run Silas down after he attacked the car
  • Laura killed Silas, ending his line of infection and curing every living person who was bitten at hackett's Quarry

Teambuilding:

• Dylan and Kaitlyn went to the scrapyard to find a working vehicle
  • Kaitlyn and Dylan worked together to escape the scrapyard
  • Abigail found a silver shell in the stormshelter
  • Kaitlyn has Dylan's company in the lodge
  • Kaitlyn decided to investigate the office door
  • Kaitlyn killed Caleb with the silver shell

A Pound of Flesh:

• Ryan chose not to remove the knife from his stab wound
  • Ryan had to be careful not to exacerbate his injury as he fled from bobby
  • Bobby took his knife back, worsening Ryan's bleeding
  • Ryan chose to accept Laura's offer to bite him
  • Ryan was saved from blood loss

Thanx bro im just statting this method now wish me luck lol il post what happens...i got a feeling you just need to try over and over until it pops

I tried yesterday what TrophyChief did. Played offline mode on PS5 (console settings/connect to internet - disabled). On disc version 1.00. Prior starting the run deleted game save file and started from scratch. Completed game in one sitting (did pause game from time to time though), refused Eliza's help by choosing - Move On at the end of each chapter, collected all cards except The Hierophant and Justice. Still trophy did not unlock at the end of chapter 9... Now I also read detailed post of his playthrough and I see that he didn't kill any Hackett. But I did complete opposite and killed all except Travis, so if that's the case then well... But I'm tired to do another playthrough to test it. Can anyone confirm who will get the trophy did you leave all Hacketts alive in your playthrough?

Edited by anasterion
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, anasterion said:

I tried yesterday what TrophyChief did. Played offline mode on PS5 (console settings/connect to internet - disabled). On disc version 1.00. Prior starting the run deleted game save file and started from scratch. Completed game in one sitting (did pause game from time to time though), refused Eliza's help by choosing - Move On at the end of each chapter, collected all cards except The Hierophant and Justice. Still trophy did not unlock at the end of chapter 9... Now I also read detailed post of his playthrough and I see that he didn't kill any Hackett. But I did complete opposite and killed all except Travis, so if that's the case then well... But I'm tired to do another playthrough to test it. Can anyone confirm who will get the trophy did you leave all Hacketts alive in your playthrough?

I left them all alive when I did it and the trophy still didn’t pop for me. 

• Like 2

I'm currently looking for a place I can grab a disk copy that I might be able to rent (don't really wanna drop another 70$ on it) so I can do some .000 playthroughs but I live way out in the boons so idk if I'll find one lol. 

I was able to pull off a 4 hour 45 min run so the practice tryin to get this trophy has paid off lol. 

I know this is a long shot, but has anyone tried playing the digital version with a save from chapter 9, when the game is not fully downloaded. As the game is not fully downloaded, the patch is probably not installed, and the trophy should be able to pop. I'm not sure if you could access chapter 9 through the data that has downloaded by that point and just playing the game with a few gigabytes left to download, but this is the best solution i can suggest. I would try this myself but I don't currently have a save that i can test this with. Please report back if someone wants to try this, I recommend:

1. Taking a save which you have collected at least one tarot card per chapter and selected 'move on' for each chapter and starting at chapter 9.

2. Getting to the end of chapter 9 and quitting before you have the option tk 'move on'.

3. Delete your game, start downloading it and launch it when it is 'ready to play'.

4. Select your save, it will tell you more data is required to continue and will display the required data, if the data is equal to the full game size, this method WON'T work.

5. If the data is less than the full game size, allow that portion to download and pause the download, this should stop it from installing the patch.

6. Choose 'move on' and hope the trophy pops.

Let me know what you guys think. I was also thinking that allowing jacob to die by nick in the Hacket's basement and using a life to get a second 'move on' in that chapter may help the game to give you the trophy if no one has tried that before.

24 minutes ago, AquaWxlf said:

I know this is a long shot, but has anyone tried playing the digital version with a save from chapter 9, when the game is not fully downloaded. As the game is not fully downloaded, the patch is probably not installed, and the trophy should be able to pop. I'm not sure if you could access chapter 9 through the data that has downloaded by that point and just playing the game with a few gigabytes left to download, but this is the best solution i can suggest. I would try this myself but I don't currently have a save that i can test this with. Please report back if someone wants to try this, I recommend:

1. Taking a save which you have collected at least one tarot card per chapter and selected 'move on' for each chapter and starting at chapter 9.

2. Getting to the end of chapter 9 and quitting before you have the option tk 'move on'.

3. Delete your game, start downloading it and launch it when it is 'ready to play'.

4. Select your save, it will tell you more data is required to continue and will display the required data, if the data is equal to the full game size, this method WON'T work.

5. If the data is less than the full game size, allow that portion to download and pause the download, this should stop it from installing the patch.

6. Choose 'move on' and hope the trophy pops.

Let me know what you guys think. I was also thinking that allowing jacob to die by nick in the Hacket's basement and using a life to get a second 'move on' in that chapter may help the game to give you the trophy if no one has tried that before.

I tried and you cant load a save from chapter 9.I did not see a how much data was require,it just say it need more data.the game probably installed chapter by chapter but its mostly impossible to know when you can

Edited by JohnCar88

Ok @JohnCar88, thanks for the info, i'm still going to try this myself as i currently just finished the prologue and it says i need to download about 5 more gigabytes instead of the full game (about 10 gigabytes). So i think there might be a sweet spot where chapter 9 might be available but the game isn't fully downloaded.