Hard Pass Trophy

TrophyChief

Seeing as the Reddit guy has now popped up here on PSNProfiles, I'm inclined to believe they're not faking anything or intending to fool anybody, rather that they just don't know all the details that triggered the unlock. Says they grabbed all cards aside from The Heriophant and Moved On at each meeting, but obviously that's not all there is to this quest. There's gotta be something to do with the choices they made in addition to collecting all the cards that makes a difference. I've been believing more into that we need to do the opposite of what would be revealed if you did select See More, but obviously it's a tough call to know what to avoid if you can't see what it is that's revealed. With this development, I think we're right on the edge of getting this mystery solved, we just gotta find an ideal route.

2 minutes ago, G-SKI44 said:

Seeing as the Reddit guy has now popped up here on PSNProfiles, I'm inclined to believe they're not faking anything or intending to fool anybody, rather that they just don't know all the details that triggered the unlock. Says they grabbed all cards aside from The Heriophant and Moved On at each meeting, but obviously that's not all there is to this quest. There's gotta be something to do with the choices they made in addition to collecting all the cards that makes a difference. I've been believing more into that we need to do the opposite of what would be revealed if you did select See More, but obviously it's a tough call to know what to avoid if you can't see what it is that's revealed. With this development, I think we're right on the edge of getting this mystery solved, we just gotta find an ideal route.

Also says all playable characters survived the playthrough. Something to keep note of

• Like 1

Reddit guy has given us his exact choices for the Tarot Cards. 

They are this:

1: take rotor arm

2: take fireworks

3: i think don't throw

4: snoop/take photo/live

5: chainsaw/hide and pass hold breath qte

6: abi shoots/pry trap

7: syringe

9: stab/accept bite

he also stated it was not a clean fresh slate and all tarots were collected before the new run. and he recollected all of them on the next playthrough except hierophant.

Edited by What_R_Trophies
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, What_R_Trophies said:

Reddit guy has given us his exact choices for the Tarot Cards. 

They are this:

1: take rotor arm

2: take fireworks

3: i think don't throw

4: snoop/take photo/live

5: chainsaw/hide and pass hold breath qte

6: abi shoots/pry trap

7: syringe

9: stab/accept bite

he also stated it was not a clean fresh slate and all tarots were collected before the new run. and he recollected all of them on the next playthrough except hierophant.

6: pass hold breathe qte ..it means fail ??

7: just take a syringe? That's all?

Do we think there's any relevance to 'The Tower' tarot card?

In the Eliza flashback scene, if you let her get impaled, The Hierophant card is shown at the end but if we avoid the spear, it shows the Tower card. 

This has probably been investigated already but thought I'd mention incase not although it probably means nothing.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ShotgunSquirrel said:

Do we think there's any relevance to 'The Tower' tarot card?

In the Eliza flashback scene, if you let her get impaled, The Hierophant card is shown at the end but if we avoid the spear, it shows the Tower card. 

This has probably been investigated already but thought I'd mention incase not although it probably means nothing.

The tower shows Emma falling to her death after running away from max but failing the QTE for the zip line and falling. 

Idk what that would change if you let her fall or not from Eliza's perspective 

1 hour ago, Yharnaam said:

you guys said the few players who got the trophy poped it at chapter 8.

in chapter 8 when Ryan and Laura enter the caves, we can hear Eliza whispering and Laura says she might try to guide us. Maybe there’s something to do here ? Like idk, another path ?

Nah, that area is pretty linear to begin with. Unless you can go back down the steps and jump in the tiny cave lake puddle lol

Edited by Infected Elite
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Spartaruckus said:

The tower shows Emma falling to her death after running away from max but failing the QTE for the zip line and falling. 

Idk what that would change if you let her fall or not from Eliza's perspective 

Yeah, I don't understand the relevance either but I've done a bit of YouTube research and found that if you succeed the QTE when the spear/wood is about to hit Eliza, it's always The Tower tarot that gets shown.

3 hours ago, What_R_Trophies said:

How much do you remember of that run @sealightbreeze

Honestly not a lot because I’ve done it so many times now

31 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

Nah, that area is pretty linear to begin with. Unless you can go back down the steps and jump in the tiny cave lake puddle lol

I thought of that as well, but there’s nowhere else really to go you can’t go into the lake in the water and it just… it’s really linear

• Like 1

This is the reason why I almost always wait a few months before playing any Super Massive game ? By then there’s plenty of guides for all trophies. At least this game doesn’t have any trait trophies to figure out. Good luck guys! ????

32 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

Well, for now id say play and get every other trophy. IF by chance Hard Pass unlocks, post your run or what chapter. 

May help if you twitch stream or can backup video data.

I'm streaming my attempts from now on just in case. 

• Like 3

Whoever finds the exact proven solution and shares with the community here will earn reputation points, a forum follow, and a personal message from me. Truly appreciate all the effort and engagement on this thread. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, TrophyChief said:

Whoever finds the exact proven solution and shares with the community here will earn reputation points, a forum follow, and a personal message from me. Truly appreciate all the effort and engagement on this thread. 

none of that really means anything. 

I'm of the belief its bugged and eventually will be fixed in a patch.

4 minutes ago, Yharnaam said:

At least, SMG should communicate a bit with us, just to let us know if there’s a glitch indeed or if we gotta investigate more

I feel 2k has SMGs hands tied as to releasing info on game mechanic details. Feels like something 2k would do.

• Like 1

I mean we tried pretty much every run possible in order to unlock this SILVER trophy ( not supposed to be that hard to do ) it’s getting obvious there’s a glitch or something going on with the trophy now so they should at least try to clarify it

I can confirm, collecting all cards except #21 and killing everyone and keeping all survivors alive and moving on does not work. I just finished a playthrough right now, credits still rolling but its not popped up yet

Edited by XOXAJLEEXOX
  • Like 3

CONFIRM

0. PS5 Safe Mode System Cache Reset and The Quarry Save File Delete, Just Start New Game (single mode)

1. collecting 1 card each chapter. and Eliza select "Move On" when chapter finish.

2. except "the hierophant" card.

3. Chapter 10 Survivor is Travis and Laura and Ryan, Abi, Dylan. (other guys all die)

4. Shoot Silas.

Not Popped up "Hard Pass" Trophy.

Edited by SAKURA
additional txt
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Beatle-Girl said:

yikes at this rate, the "hard pass" should be a platinum itself 

Agreed

5 minutes ago, Datanode1 said:

Not sure why everyone is not posting links to this information: But "Reddit guy" is https://old.reddit.com/user/Careful_Arugula771

and also he has confirmed this is his profile on this site: https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/16619-the-quarry/Mikey0284

The 2nd person to get this trophy.

I tried that this morning and it doesn’t work. He’s lying or everyone would’ve gotten it 

Edited by sealightbreeze
  • Like 1