“Like the old days” easy mode

2 hours ago, Belmont85- said:

The damage increases with more people in the lobby, so even if its normal if you are playing with 4-6 the dmg still is pretty high of enemies. As i said best way to know for sure is to check leaderboards. I myself joined a group on hard in episode 13 and played till the end and the trophy popped but when i joined groups in episode 14-15-16 no trophy. So i think you must get a high enough score for it to pop.

Enemies are also more aggressive on gnarly I've noticed.

1 hour ago, diogoarez said:

I rather have hard be even more difficult and the game just working and letting me get the platinum but it refuses to work properly :(

That's strange, i nearly have platinum just grinding all characters to power 10 now but i havent had any bugs or glitches at all except 1 time in a online lobby where latency was 300+ and everyone vanished and i was left alone in game. Other than that i had no issues at all.

39 minutes ago, Belmont85- said:

That's strange, i nearly have platinum just grinding all characters to power 10 now but i havent had any bugs or glitches at all except 1 time in a online lobby where latency was 300+ and everyone vanished and i was left alone in game. Other than that i had no issues at all.

I only have sometimes micro freezes and game crashed on me 4 times in 20 hours

41 minutes ago, Belmont85- said:

Yesterday everything was working well, but today it was constantly crashing or bugs making progression impossible, really strange stuff 

Pro tip.  If you die during Super Shredder on hard and it's game over for you, as long as someone is still alive you'll still get the trophy for beating the game on hard.  So don't jump out of the party if there is still a chance someone will beat him.  Some random joined last second and everyone else game overed, but the random was able to finish Shredder off and the trophy popped for me after the results screen.  Went from beginning to end with someone on my friends list and randoms jumping in and out here and there. 

I also left the party when I was down to my last life several times BEFORE episode 13 and immediately rejoined the person on my friends list without unpausing the game to reset my lives (it pauses when youre solo, which leaving a party will do).  You might have to try to join friends a couple times before the game shows up and your friend can also go in and kick people if someone joins before you. Not sure if that would work after episode 13 though, since the trophy is finicky.

And @Belmont85-

When playing with randoms via search game a lot of us are having horrible bugs where bosses will freeze in place and become invincible, or everyone will turn invisible and the screen will quit progressing forcing a reset.  I even had one where when Krang splits his body the top half decided to fly at Mach 10 offscreen and so only the legs were walking around kicking people lol!

Edited by Snake2410
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, gamercris066 said:

So if the host loses all their lives they could spectate the whole game and let their friends slowly kill all the bosses?

Yes, they could.  As long as someone joins before everyone dies or people from your friends list take turns exiting and returning to refill their lives it should work I'd think.  You can get the trophy while being on game over.  I did.  But I also made it to the last boss, and so did the other players I helped get it, before we died.

Edited by Snake2410

2 minutes ago, Rockstar-Suicide said:

Wait, if you select Hard, and then search for players, you're not searching for others on hard?!

Yup. It's easy to tell if you're playing on Hard though, let a foot soldier knock you down, if you lose 2 hp then you're on hard.

Usually when you join a hard game everyone is constantly needing to be resurrected because everyone is almost dead so it's not too hard to tell if you're on hard . (Pun intended)

10 hours ago, shrap said:

Worked for me. Feels kinda wrong, though.

It didn't feel wrong to me after all the hassle I went through with it.  Bosses freezing in place and becoming invincible.  Invisible characters.  The hours spent just to find a single gnarly match because the devs couldn't be bothered to show the difficulty a party was playing on.  I love the game outside of that one flaw though.

I think they meant it to be that way because you're essentially a team so it counts because you're a team.  

My friend and I used this method, we played a Private Match Arcade Mode on Hard

And whenever one of us is down to his last guy, we would return to the main menu. The player left in the game can now pause the game since the game essentially becomes "offline", and send an invite to the other player. Using this method I got the Like The Old Days Trophy, and my friend got the One Credit Trophy (he already got the Like The Old Days Trophy).

I was a little worried that it may not pop when I was reading the previous posts regarding joining an online game at a certain percentage, but we took the risk and it paid off. 

I think it can work with more than 2 players, but you won't have the luxury of pausing the game to send an invite if there more than one player in a game.

49 minutes ago, aoshi900 said:

My friend and I used this method, we played a Private Match Arcade Mode on Hard

And whenever one of us is down to his last guy, we would return to the main menu. The player left in the game can now pause the game since the game essentially becomes "offline", and send an invite to the other player. Using this method I got the Like The Old Days Trophy, and my friend got the One Credit Trophy (he already got the Like The Old Days Trophy).

I was a little worried that it may not pop when I was reading the previous posts regarding joining an online game at a certain percentage, but we took the risk and it paid off. 

I think it can work with more than 2 players, but you won't have the luxury of pausing the game to send an invite if there more than one player in a game.

The host can leave? Well shit, that would have been nice to know. I would have played, then. It's probably safer not to, at the moment, since the online is buggy.

You can pause the game with multiple players, just clear a room and don't move ahead a screen. It wont advance unless all players move. Send your invite then proceed.

Edited by shrap

10 hours ago, shrap said:

The host can leave? Well shit, that would have been nice to know. I would have played, then. It's probably safer not to, at the moment, since the online is buggy.

You can pause the game with multiple players, just clear a room and don't move ahead a screen. It wont advance unless all players move. Send your invite then proceed.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure one of us became the host due to us constantly dropping in and out, and we were able to leave the game,  the other player will become the host.

Yes, if pause can't be done with mutiple players, just don't move forward until everyone is ready

On 6/20/2022 at 9:18 PM, shrap said:

Worked for me. Feels kinda wrong, though.

Oh, I see now what your strategy was. Making me play and watching me suck and struggle until the end. Thanks for nothing @shrap ?

Good playing with you ?

• Like 1

On 6/22/2022 at 1:13 AM, shrap said:

Game seems to have host migration, if the host leaves, one of the other players becomes host, the session does not get destroyed if the host leaves.

33 minutes ago, TrophyChief said:

Oh, I see now what your strategy was. Making me play and watching me suck and struggle until the end. Thanks for nothing @shrap 1f61c.png

Good playing with you 1f44d.png

Well, in defense there was a full lobby, and only 5 or six stages left, it would have sucked to have to start over if that didnt work.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/28/2022 at 0:33 PM, shrap said:

If your hosting, boot em.

This.  Hosts don't do a good enough job of monitoring the participants.  You should be clearing out anyone with a Game Over or just sitting on character select.  Though, I do think the devs should make an update to boot someone after 30 seconds in character select.  Half the time you have 2 or 3 characters to choose from.  Not really something that requires a lot of thought.

I got super lucky. The second in-progress game I joined was on the hardest difficulty at about 60% completion. Started as 4 people, but quickly got filled up. Was super easy, we just kept spamming the specials (holy shit the meditation mechanic is broken as fuck). It's kind of ridiculous that it freezes every time someone uses a special ability, the game is more or less a slideshow with a full group of people.

• 4 weeks later...