[DELETED]

JFKing

While in theory this is a good idea, there are many problems in implicating it.

The two I can think of and while I'm sure there are more difficulties are:

1. The games are detected by PSN and Sony and I believe more in-depth information, such as release date is automatically grabbed from another site. I'm not sure how this is implemented, but it would require a fair amount of work to have the correct release date information in place, not to mention regions, etc. As well as I'm sure that to code a system to detects these things and automatically filter those guys out would not be a simple task either.

2. What about people in the gaming industry? Such as professional reviewers, developers, testers, etc; That were given early access to games before their release date, days or even sometimes weeks in advance, and played them on their PSN account? This would single them out, while it's a small population, it would still be an issue.

Of course as your examples you've seen such as 6 months or 3 years in advance are clearly hackers, it would still be a question as to where to set this bar in between release date and giving a week or so of leeway?

So again, in theory a good and logical idea, but of course there are always little kinks in a good idea.

Edited by Blazikiller

1. That was long time ago, now there's no "in-depth information" for new games.

Though we can take the date when trophy list was released as base. That day minus 1 month (the longest delay I've seen was 2 weeks) is when game was 100% released. If somebody got his trophy 5 month before that date (or 6 month before trophy list was released) - he is a hacker.

• Like 1

I, as well as mostly everyone else on this site, will not waste my entire day reporting people because you can find them at a moments notice. If you read what I put you would understand that it's a hassle to report 5+ at a time.

well then you shouldnt waste the time worrying about the hackers

• Like 4

As I've said, and clearly explained above. Apparently some people don't know how to read English. There are too damn many and no one is going to take the time to report them all.

Being honest here, you would need a team about at least 20-50 people to monitor the current active trophy profiles. 

• Like 1

As I've said, and clearly explained above. Apparently some people don't know how to read English. There are too damn many and no one is going to take the time to report them all.

The leaderboard can never be 100% Clean, if Sly could implement automatic detection he would have implemented it a long time ago. He introduced manual reporting so that premium members can report everyone whos hacking. Do you honestlg think anyone on this site gives a crap about hackers? Just forget about them and enjoy your games. And FYI PSNP has got the cleanest leaderboard I have seen. Other trophy sites havent removed hackers at all and a lot of them are level 100+ even though Sony havent increased the trophy level cap,

P.S - I know to read English you damn fool :shakefist:

• Like 2

Good to know, and I actually know of a cleaner leaderboard. One that has also calculated an increase in the level cap as well.

Furthermore, I do feel that people care about hackers. Anyone who cares about their worldwide or country rank would not want that diluted by hackers.

Im pretty sure most of the people here care about the number of platinums they have and their completion percenatge than their ranking :rolleyes: I could be wrong though :unsure:

Jeez guys, haha, why are you guys going so hard on this guy for making a recommendation? I actually talked about an extremely similar thing in another thread this week. I mean some of you guys are basically yelling at him for suggesting something that is realistic and possible. There are many people on the site who care about cheaters and hackers, this is the reason that we have a report system on this site in the first place, it's the reason we have people making new threads seemingly every few days here trying to improve it, it's the reason people took time out of their day to report 13,076 people cheaters/hackers. The leaderboards are a place to celebrate the people who got there the right way and to "punish" those who cheated to get there (removing their leaderboard rank and putting them on the dirty boards). Yes guys, it's important and if people have good ideas on how to make it infinitely more efficient and automatic... why not listen to that idea, if Sly thinks it's a reasonable idea, he'll add it! lol

If Sly really wanted to implement this he certainly could, he would simply just start to pull the release date information for all games again like how it was a year ago and then he would set some new rules in the cheating system to detect people 1 year before that release date and put them on the cheating boards... yes, yes! It's that simple! Developers and reviewers play games on debug consoles, which don't have the final published trophy information if I am correct, so that wouldn't be an issue, especially 1 year before the game releases, the devs wouldn't have a final and published trophy list one year before the release of the game. This really sounds like a sound suggestion to me, it's just all dependant on if Sly decides it's worthy to take the time to implement it or not.

This is not some phenomenal and idiotic idea, it's really a reasonable suggestion to me. That's all it is, a suggestion, how would this affect anyone trashing this guy on this thread if it were to be implemented? It wouldn't! It would be an automatic process and if you don't care about cheaters and hackers that's fine, the system will run automatically without bugging you guys

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 2

I think this is a well considered idea that *shouldn't* be too hard to implement.

When a game is added to this site, the database record for that game should contain a creation date for that entry. Creation date - 3 or 6 months = hacked trophies. That's likely to be a problem for the first wave of older games that were added to the site when it was created, but it should be applicable to all games added in the last 3 years.

As others have stated, it's a nice idea, however the hackers *might* simply edit their timestamps to a more believable timeframe. But it's a proactive response that would clean the fuckers from the Leaderboard in one fell swoop and it means they have to then put in the work to make their records appear clean again. By that time though, they're already flagged as hackers and should not be allowed back on the Leaderboard.

I know the feeling of being robbed of a Leaderboard position for First Achievers by scumbag hackers and it does piss on your picnic.

Edited by ant1th3s1s
  • Like 1

Blind Mango said a lot of what I was thinking. There's always a weird backlash here when people suggest things for the site, in the forum that specifically exists for posting suggestions. It's always, omg why do you care about that, no one else cares! Sly has better things to do! You are asking the impossible! etc....

I remember when Sly first announced that they were taking cheaters off the boards and some people (high ranked cheaters) protested that no one cares and Sly responded that his premium subscriptions spiked at the announcement. People obviously do care. I'm sure there's people out there for whom the reporting feature was the deciding factor in buying their premium subs. At the end of the day, there are people out there who care, this is not really a topic that can be debated at this point.

Could such a feature result in some people being incorrectly flagged? Of course. Big deal. For anyone who cares they can easily appeal. I imagine the vast majority of devs and journalists out there could care less about trophy leaderboards. If they do then they can just ask to be reinstated.

• Like 3

Jeez guys, haha, why are you guys going so hard on this guy for making a recommendation? I actually talked about an extremely similar thing in another thread this week. I mean some of you guys are basically yelling at him for suggesting something that is realistic and possible. There are many people on the site who care about cheaters and hackers, this is the reason that we have a report system on this site in the first place, it's the reason we have people making new threads seemingly every few days here trying to improve it, it's the reason people took time out of their day to report 13,076 people cheaters/hackers. The leaderboards are a place to celebrate the people who got there the right way and to "punish" those who cheated to get there (removing their leaderboard rank and putting them on the dirty boards). Yes guys, it's important and if people have good ideas on how to make it infinitely more efficient and automatic... why not listen to that idea, if Sly thinks it's a reasonable idea, he'll add it! lol

If Sly really wanted to implement this he certainly could, he would simply just start to pull the release date information for all games again like how it was a year ago and then he would set some new rules in the cheating system to detect people 1 year before that release date and put them on the cheating boards... yes, yes! It's that simple! Developers and reviewers play games on debug consoles, which don't have the final published trophy information if I am correct, so that wouldn't be an issue, especially 1 year before the game releases, the devs wouldn't have a final and published trophy list one year before the release of the game. This really sounds like a sound suggestion to me, it's just all dependant on if Sly decides it's worthy to take the time to implement it or not.

This is not some phenomenal and idiotic idea, it's really a reasonable suggestion to me. That's all it is, a suggestion, how would this affect anyone trashing this guy on this thread if it were to be implemented? It wouldn't! It would be an automatic process and if you don't care about cheaters and hackers that's fine, the system will run automatically without bugging you guys

Thank you man. I was legitimately getting mad, and honestly thinking about giving up on this site alltogether (Yes just because of one topic) because this showed that it's not really a welcoming group. You cannot post what you want to a forum because people are just going to argue and criticize you because they're behind the computer and not present.

I wanted this change so that the hackers would be cleaned up. Reporting everyone will take some dedicated people and a lot of time vs. a few tweaks to the already good system to get them out faster.

I think this is a well considered idea that *shouldn't* be too hard to implement.

When a game is added to this site, the database record for that game should contain a creation date for that entry. Creation date - 3 or 6 months = hacked trophies. That's likely to be a problem for the first wave of older games that were added to the site when it was created, but it should be applicable to all games added in the last 3 years.

As others have stated, it's a nice idea, however the hackers *might* simply edit their timestamps to a more believable timeframe. But it's a proactive response that would clean the fuckers from the Leaderboard in one fell swoop and it means they have to then put in the work to make their records appear clean again. By that time though, they're already flagged as hackers and should not be allowed back on the Leaderboard.

I know the feeling of being robbed of a Leaderboard position for First Achievers by scumbag hackers and it does piss on your picnic.

I agree. Cheaters should not be allowed back on the leaderboard. Duck360 was once on the dirty leaderboard. Go to his profile and it shows that 452 trophies are hidden (Which you can do from a Vita). Once he was there he shouldn't have been allowed back no matter if he got rid of the trophies that caused him to get flagged.

Blind Mango said a lot of what I was thinking. There's always a weird backlash here when people suggest things for the site, in the forum that specifically exists for posting suggestions. It's always, omg why do you care about that, no one else cares! Sly has better things to do! You are asking the impossible! etc....

I remember when Sly first announced that they were taking cheaters off the boards and some people (high ranked cheaters) protested that no one cares and Sly responded that his premium subscriptions spiked at the announcement. People obviously do care. I'm sure there's people out there for whom the reporting feature was the deciding factor in buying their premium subs. At the end of the day, there are people out there who care, this is not really a topic that can be debated at this point.

Could such a feature result in some people being incorrectly flagged? Of course. Big deal. For anyone who cares they can easily appeal. I imagine the vast majority of devs and journalists out there could care less about trophy leaderboards. If they do then they can just ask to be reinstated.

Agree 100% thanks for your input.

• Like 1

Go to his profile and it shows that 452 trophies are hidden (Which you can do from a Vita).

Vita was first to get such update, but now it's possible on all systems.

I agree. Cheaters should not be allowed back on the leaderboard.

I agree too. But some people don't, and I can understand them. They hacked 1-2 games long time ago, and now they very regret it.

However I've seen a lot of cheaters that were just hiding flaged games and continuing cheating. "Just report them again!" is not an answer. You can only report when dates/order are clearly impossible. But in most situations they are just "highly unlikely but still possible".

I agree and I'm guilty of doing that myself, but typically only when the same suggestion has been made a dozen times before and people can't be bothered to search for related topics.

There are also some dopey ideas that only benefit the few (those making the suggestion), while disregarding the rest of the community. The concept of 'greater good' is applied in those instances.

Other times the suggestions, while good, are redundant because Sly's already got a better implementation on the way (eg changes to Trophy Tips).

In this case, it's a solid idea with a good plan for implementation, it benefits all but the cheaters (including Sly's bank balance) and it seems feasible, so thumbs up from me.

I agree too. But some people don't, and I can understand them. They hacked 1-2 games long time ago, and now they very regret it.

Regardless of whether they feel regret or not, they knowingly cheated. Once a cheat, always a cheat. Don't want the stain on your record? Start a new account.That said, I do like how Sly has handled it with the Hidden Trophies flag as it seems the most appropriate middle-ground for those 1-2 Plat hackers to redeem themselves.

But those who are clogging up the Leaderboards will bullshit timestamps that pre-date a game's inception, let alone release, should be perma-banned. These guys aren't Save Game hackers, they're CFW hackers, which in my view is a far greater 'crime'. They're deliberately defrauding the system and their sole purpose is to fuck with the Leaderboards. So fuck them off, problem solved.

Edited by ant1th3s1s

Was going to suggest this. You beat me to it, because hackers now hack in the format here

https://psnprofiles.com/DevilsProduct666/log

You could set it to auto-flag if trophies are not unlocked in the intended order. ie. Level 5 pops before Level 3. 250 kills pops before 100 etc.

On this profile, you can see just that. He has already been flagged and this is an example, no name and shame intended.

Edited by ProGamerX56

You could set it to auto-flag if trophies are not unlocked in the intended order. ie. Level 5 pops before Level 3. 250 kills pops before 100 etc.

Now that is an almost impossible scenario to automate. You'd need to create filters for each individual game with the expected trophy order, at least for those that can't possibly pop in any other order legitimately, then ignore all other trophies that could conceivably pop in any given order.

I'd guesstimate maybe a day (if not a week) per game to code the logic required to run through this task (assuming it's possible), test, debug and deploy. Multiply that by the number of games on the site and file it under "Not Gonna Happen".

Even if Sly managed to write the core code to apply this to all games in say...2 to 4 weeks, then spent an hour or two to setup individual game filters, you're looking at 3 to 6 months solid, around-the-clock work. Still not gonna happen. Report instead.

Maybe there is an easier way to do it, like populate the expected order automatically based on trophies popped by other PSN users (which is still a monumental undertaking), but there would be a huge margin for error and I just don't see how it's possible to automate it.

Edited by ant1th3s1s
  • Like 1