[DELETED]

JFKing

The current source for game information sucks, which is why it's turned off now. There's a more accurate one in the pipeline.

Good to know, and I actually know of a cleaner leaderboard. One that has also calculated an increase in the level cap as well.

Furthermore, I do feel that people care about hackers. Anyone who cares about their worldwide or country rank would not want that diluted by hackers.

E9qoC.png vs tabq0.png

Ah yes, much "cleaner".

• Like 2

I have created some threads about cheaters, being one of them exactly about this, removing those time stamps hacks, but my threads always get BLOCKED

If you see the replies to my topics about cheaters it seems that no one cares about hackers, just a tiny amount of people like us

Edited by Xxleonardo97xX

Was going to suggest this. You beat me to it, because hackers now hack in the format here

https://psnprofiles.com/DevilsProduct666/log

You could set it to auto-flag if trophies are not unlocked in the intended order. ie. Level 5 pops before Level 3. 250 kills pops before 100 etc.

On this profile, you can see just that. He has already been flagged and this is an example, no name and shame intended.

Setting aside you'd need a "scrip" for each game with such trophies, you can't still go with that.

What if "Kill 100 monsters" glitches and doesn't trigger, but "Kill 1000 enemies" does? If you aim for the plat you are most probably gonna delete game and save data and restart from scratch when that's the last trophy you miss.

Would you want to be flagged for that?

Maybe there is an easier way to do it, like populate the expected order automatically based on trophies popped by other PSN users (which is still a monumental undertaking), but there would be a huge margin for error and I just don't see how it's possible to automate it.

Still not possible.

You are not taking into account miscellaneous trophies that could be earned whenever or in whatsoever order.

Well spittballin on what ProGamer said, if you were going to do something like that I think the best approach would be a system that allowed the community to set rules such as, trophy x cannot be earned prior to trophy z, then that rule would need to be confirmed by a certain other amount of users, say 5 other people at which point it would be considered ratified and placed into effect.

This is a lot more of a pain to code than the whole timestamp vs release date idea, and has so many holes, like trophies glitching etc. It's not really a practical idea.

What we should have is that everytime you pop a platinum you have to take a selfie in front of the tv, right as the platinum pops, while holding a copy of the days newspaper. Then sly can program some facial recognition software to verify your face and the date of the paper and anyone who fails to do this for any of their trophies would be designated a cheater.

Edited by lporiginalg
  • Like 1

BTW, Level 101 is still set at an impossible amount of points. You may want to fix that Sly :) Roughdawg is going to beat it soon.

Level 101 is probably set at an impossible amount of points because officially there is no level 101. There are a few trophy websites that broke the official level cap (still level 100, 1%) for the hell of it, which resulted in confusing everyone, lol

Edited by BlindMango

I have created some threads about cheaters, being one of them exactly about this, removing those time stamps hacks, but my threads always get BLOCKED

If you see the replies to my topics about cheaters it seems that no one cares about hackers, just a tiny amount of people like us

Search my friend ...

IRL you go premium (prefered solution) and you can report them automatically;or you send a PM to a mod and they MAY look into it (don't quote me on this). Either way 'hacker' threads get closed. It's been like that since I came here over a year ago, and pretty sure it was always the case.

On topic - seems like a good idea, and it would also seem that Sly is working on it, so win win

Once in awhile, I come across profiles that have 2013 released games with timestamps as far back as 2008. Obviously a hack and yet they remain on the "clean" leaderboard. As was pointed out earlier, hackers are gonna hack. Best thing to do is just ignore them. Enjoy your games and forget about the leaderboards.

If you see the replies to my topics about cheatersit seems that no one cares about hackers, just a tiny amount of people like us

Your threads always get closed because the topic of hackers and cheaters was already discussed extensively looooong before you joined PSNP. Back when I joined, this was a popular topic and threads like yours actually stayed open. But now, the community and especially mods don't want new threads being created because it has been beaten to death more than plenty.

Use the search function to add to existing threads, and /or become a Premium Member to be able to report suspected hackers and cheaters.

Edited by STFUxDxD

I've just noticed the Release Date field is already present for games, which saves a lot of time and grief implementing this suggestion because the database record is already formatted in a way to make it possible. It also overcomes the issue I mentioned in regards to using the record's creation date - Release Date is exactly what we want.

Assuming Release Date exists for all games in the database, I'd assume it'd be a relatively simple task of -

"if timestamp = release_date - XX (30/60/90/180) days, then flag user as a cheater."

Once again, we don't know what Sly has up his sleeve and this may be completely obsolete, but it's a neat suggestion nonetheless.