Rumor: Overwatch 1 will be merged with Overwatch 2 in October, potential issues

Stinkyremy

4 minutes ago, zachhero said:

Never played OW, but everything I've heard about OW2 has made it seem like such an unnecessary sequel. 

Why didn't Blizzard just stick with updating OW1? Seems development for the sequel has been nothing short of messy. 

I don't know, this whole thing just seems so much more complicated then it ever needed to be. R6S was released in 2015/16 and has managed to improve upon the initial release, why can't OW?

it's just an excuse to revive a dying game and monetise it. With enough changes (gameplay and technical side), such as singeplayer and better graphics, they can get away with making it a 'new game'. Having it F2P also gets a new player base in.

1 hour ago, ZEE11W said:

Usually when the game is about to be released we get the trophy list at least a week or so before. But now the game will be released in 3 days and still nothing. 

Not at all, there are some games where the list doesn't even post at launch. Sometimes days after! Not to mention the fact that it is guaranteed there would be a new PS5 list and that hasn't populated yet. 

For linking phone number, I think it's a solution they considered for stopping foul play since basically everyone has multiple accounts, and they just go ruin other people's games with trolling ...etc

the game is not dead obviously, I do think Blizzard will update the trophy list the only developer I know who actually edits trophy requirements like when they rework some heroes, I also believe they will add the PS5 trophy list. As far as I know, Overwatch 2 is a huge update to the original. I don't see how they will add a completely new separate trophy list. I believe they will just add extra trophies related to new heroes and PVE content, which you will need to buy to play.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, steel6burgh said:

so am I understanding correctly?  Those of us who have the 100% in OW 1 will no longer be sitting at 100%.  they are going to add the new trophies to the old list and rename the old list OW2?  Or does nobody know yet?

We have no idea until tomorrow. Either they make the current list unobtainable and release a new trophy list, or they update the game to become OW2 and they completely change all trophies, and they add more trophies.

Regardless of the outcome for the PS4 version, we will get a PS5 version and trophy list.

Edited by MaxieM0us3
  • Like 1

On 02/10/2022 at 5:35 AM, Vauxhart said:

- Overwatch on the PS App shows the OW2 banner already (Showing Sojourn and the new graphics) instead of the old one.

- Blizzard confirmed that on consoles OW2 will be just an update (30 GB) and not a new launcher like Fall Guys. (No new launcher = no new trophy list)

- On PC the in-game achievements of OW2 are literally the same as OW (with new ones for the new heroes and changes for the reworked heroes obviously)

- The game will have full cross-progression which should mean autopop for the PS5 trophy list, if the PS5 gets a native version.

Just like eFootball 2022, eFootball 2023 was an update and Konami just changed the name of the trophy list to eFootball 2023.

Basically if you have the OW Platinum, congrats! you have the OW2 Plat already. ?

To add to this, it's been said that between shutdown of OW1 and launch of OW2, if PC players have auto update on, OW will update itself in that down time and be ready to play at launch of OW2 using the same file.

Pretty much what I said in this thread on page 1. OW1 is looking very likely to just become OW2 Ps4 after a large update. 

Though, let's wait and see what happens. 

Edit: It's shutdown now and says 'update in progress. We've taken the overwatch servers offline temporarily...'

Make of that what you will. 

Edited by Riiszk

40 minutes ago, Greenshyguy said:

At least the queues for playing as DPS aren't too bad on the last day. I guess there's an influx of players getting their last games in.

Blizzard message saying even the best journey's end, thank you heroes appeared in chat mid fight and literally everyone stopped and crouched/tbagged. 

Funny how the game is toxic as all hell for 6 years straight until the last few seconds.. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

We have no idea until tomorrow. Either they make the current list unobtainable and release a new trophy list, or they update the game to become OW2 and they completely change all trophies, and they add more trophies.

Regardless of the outcome for the PS4 version, we will get a PS5 version and trophy list.

Officially there's still no clear answer, pretty remarkable for the 23-hour mark. Also, the PS5 list still hasn't come up. I hope the PS4 list is retired, but it seems more likely they will convert the list to OW2. 

well i hope at least you can play the ps4 version of OW2 on your ps5.  I have no interest in popping the ps5 version especially if they are going to continue adding trophies to the ps4 version.  As far as i'm concerned I'd be fine if Blizzard just didn't add DLC trophies.  I read an article and they were talking about there would be these achievement like things that were related to battle passes and it sort of sounded like to me maybe achievements weren't going to be a thing past the ones that carried over from OW1.  I'm hoping that is the case.  Getting tied up in a long free to play game that is all about monetization with no end in site isn't desirable.

1 hour ago, steel6burgh said:

I read an article and they were talking about there would be these achievement like things that were related to battle passes and it sort of sounded like to me maybe achievements weren't going to be a thing past the ones that carried over from OW1.

I really wouldn't be surprised with battle pass achievements. Xbox had event achievements that were tied to specific events that only lasted a few weeks or a month. If you weren't playing the event mode during Halloween 2016 or Christmas 2016, you'd miss those achievements forever. Thankfully this was never a thing on PS, but with the battle pass now, I can actually see that happening all over again for Xbox. 

On 10/1/2022 at 2:35 PM, Vauxhart said:

- Overwatch on the PS App shows the OW2 banner already (Showing Sojourn and the new graphics) instead of the old one.

- Blizzard confirmed that on consoles OW2 will be just an update (30 GB) and not a new launcher like Fall Guys. (No new launcher = no new trophy list)

- On PC the in-game achievements of OW2 are literally the same as OW (with new ones for the new heroes and changes for the reworked heroes obviously)

- The game will have full cross-progression which should mean autopop for the PS5 trophy list, if the PS5 gets a native version.

Just like eFootball 2022, eFootball 2023 was an update and Konami just changed the name of the trophy list to eFootball 2023.

Basically if you have the OW Platinum, congrats! you have the OW2 Plat already. 1f642.png

Also the Overwatch 2Coins are showing up under OW1

4 minutes ago, CosmoWolf_ said:

I wonder how the PS5 version of OW2 is going to work. Will there be an autopop? If I earn an achievement on the PS5 version then go back to PS4, will it pop? (Since we have 1 single OW account now with all content attached to it for cross progression)

mom assuming it will work the same way as destiny 2