Rumor: Overwatch 1 will be merged with Overwatch 2 in October, potential issues

Stinkyremy

5 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Is anything confirmed about the servers and if there will be a new launcher or if they will just reuse what's already there?

Same servers, same launcher, same trophy list. Just more DLC trophies added. 5 of the new trophies are in a new section with a new logo. But Kiriko's Purified trophy is in one of the Old DLC sections. They've truly botched this in terms of trophies. It'll be interesting to see what they do when the PvE content arrives.

Edited by Legendary_Shorty
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Legendary_Shorty said:

Same servers, same launcher, same trophy list. Just more DLC trophies added. 5 of the new trophies are in a new section with a new logo. But Kiriko's Purified trophy is in one of the Old DLC sections. They've truly botched this in terms of trophies. It'll be interesting to see what they do when the PvE content arrives.

Thank you for the confirmation :).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MarkGrouch said:

The Beta had a PS5 version but I've yet to see an actual PS5 Version. This is such a weird rollout.

Normally we should be able to preload now but only ps4 version is in the store, the ps5 version is only the beta so far.....

Oh wow… Blizzard rushed the trophies… while many will become easier, some will become a nightmare, or unobtainable.

Decked Out requires to unlock 50 items for a single hero… only every single cosmetic - even old ones - is now behind a paywall. Either you grind through the very few items you unlock in the free battle pass, without spending a dime, for many years to come, or you buy many battle passes and go through them hoping to gather 50 for a single hero. Or better yet, toss your hard earned cash to individual cosmetics, which surely will be $100+

As for Assault mode trophies, Lockdown and Double Cap are now unobtainable, since Assault maps (the 2 capture points) are no more in Quick or Competitive play map rotation. They gotta patch them so they become obtainable.

Good job, Blizzard! /s

Edited by MaxieM0us3
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

Oh wow… Blizzard rushed the trophies… while many will become easier, some will become a nightmare, or unobtainable.

Decked Out requires to unlock 50 items for a single hero… only every single cosmetic - even old ones - is now behind a paywall. Either you grind through the very few items you unlock in the free battle pass, without spending a dime, for many years to come, or you buy many battle passes and go through many of them hoping to gather 50 for a single hero. Or better yet, toss your hard earned cash to individual cosmetics, which surely will be $100+

As for Assault mode trophies, Lockdown and Double Cap are now unobtainable, since Assault maps (the 2 capture points) are no more in Quick or Competitive play map rotation. They gotta patch them to become obtainable.

Good job, Blizzard! /s

In other words, they copied Rocket League's F2P roadmap and turned an already grindy game into a pay-to-win shitshow :(.

20 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

In other words, they copied Rocket League's F2P roadmap and turned an already grindy game into a pay-to-win shitshow :(.

Sure you could do the weekly challenges for just a pinch of premium currency you could spend for cosmetics, I highly doubt that weekly amount will be enough to even unlock one common rarity item. That also will take years to achieve.

Edited by MaxieM0us3
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Legendary_Shorty said:

PSA:

Just in case anyone missed this. You NEED to have a Battle.net account with 2-factor authentication enabled just to play Overwatch '2'.

Yep, on top of grinding forever, or spending upfront lot of cash, for 50 cosmetics on a single hero…

Yes, I got all trophies long before today. I feel sorry for new players, or those who haven’t achieve trophies yet.

This should be a warning: anytime a game becomes free-to-play, get all trophies you can, or it will likely become more grindy! Free-to-play model makes existing games, and trophies, worse!

Edited by MaxieM0us3
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, PortaLuna said:

Even though all signs were pointing in this direction, it's still a disappointment and I was still holding out hope that we would get a new PS4 list. They should have just retired the list, it's from 6 years ago. Oh well, hopefully the PS5 trophies autopop.

new list would have been so much better. They are adding singleplayer at some point as well and I don't even see any trophies coming from that. Some trophies now are a stupid grind. A 6 year old game can be justified to become unachievable, and the rarities of the trophies get frozen which represents its final state

• Like 4

I wonder if they will adjust the enemy number requirements for certain trophies, most of the trophies require you to hit/heal 4 different people.

Some trophies are effectively harder now because they removed 6vs6.

Maybe there is a "classic ow" mode where you can earn trophies.

25 minutes ago, CosmoWolf_ said:

new list would have been so much better. They are adding singleplayer at some point as well and I don't even see any trophies coming from that. Some trophies now are a stupid grind. A 6 year old game can be justified to become unachievable, and the rarities of the trophies get frozen which represents its final state

Yeah, you could basically say OW1 was paid early access for the last 6 years. Sony is so strict about trophies that I'm surprised they allow something like this. Especially when it's unnecessary.

• Like 1

Honestly this is beyond disappointing, I was one of the first to get 100% when they added the final dlc echo

I thought ow 2 would be a new game and at least have a new launcher… like why the …. it’s even called “2”

It’s just an update to change the system free to play, I have a feeling ow”2” won’t last 2 years and will shut down for good

they are clearly milking the game in it’s final days, such a shame ow in 2016 was one of the best games I ever played 

19 minutes ago, KingTom95 said:

I wonder if they will adjust the enemy number requirements for certain trophies, most of the trophies require you to hit/heal 4 different people.

Some trophies are effectively harder now because they removed 6vs6.

Maybe there is a "classic ow" mode where you can earn trophies.

they have adjusted these. Typically by one less player to meet the requirement.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PortaLuna said:

Yeah, you could basically say OW1 was paid early access for the last 6 years. Sony is so strict about trophies that I'm surprised they allow something like this. Especially when it's unnecessary.

Sony has never ever been strict about trophies, there are many games that had glitched trophies day 1 that never got fixed. I believe Destiny is the only game that continues to update the descriptions on it's trophies or I think they stopped a while ago because every other month they would become unobtainable because of changes in the game.