God of War, Sly Cooper Collections Coming to PS Vita in May

FoeRequiem

I will more than likely get both.

The Sly collection is 3 quick and easy plats + a 100%

I haven't even opened my GoW PS3 collection yet and I've had it for about a year so it may take me a long while to get around to those plats... I just love that the vita library is getting so many great games as of late. Even if some of them are ports.

I'm on the fence about them to be honest. I have the games on PS2 and love them don't get me wrong. But I'm a bit skeptical after getting the Jak collection last year on Vita and having to endure lots of glitches and extremely poor framerate.

I'm surprised that people are arguing about the framerate more than how poorly the rear touch pad controls were explained. Once you were able to understand them, they would work. You just had to self teach what each part of the pad did. The framerate was still pretty bad though and I hope they can keep at least a steady 30fps on both collections.

Does anybody know how much storage is required for the digital version of the Jak Collection?

On the PSN store it claims the Vita version is ~3GB. I have trouble believing that 3 games can only be 3GB total, though, so I'd like somebody to confirm/deny my skepticism. Google sure isn't any help on this matter.

@Silverstag88 How did you get the Sly 3 plat but not the Sly 2? Those Sly 3 challenges are the reason I haven't got the Plat yet.

I really don't know. The only challenges I had trouble with were sinking 5 ships and getting to the vault. 

I'm surprised that people are arguing about the framerate more than how poorly the rear touch pad controls were explained. Once you were able to understand them, they would work. You just had to self teach what each part of the pad did. The framerate was still pretty bad though and I hope they can keep at least a steady 30fps on both collections.

Nothing can be worse than The Walking Dead on Vita I hope. 

• Like 1

It's stuff like this that makes me glad I own a Vita. Altough it was frustrating to tackle on the challenges in the first GoW, I don't mind going for them legit.

I cannot wait to add these platinums to my awesome collection of games that I have:

Sly Cooper, Thieves in Time

Dragon's Crown

Sound Shapes

Killzone Mercenary (no plat yet)

The Walking Dead

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale

Danganronpa (unopened)

Toukiden: The Age of Demons (unopened)

Persona 4 Golden (unopened)

Muramasa Rebirth (unopened)

• Like 1

if the trophies stuck like the the jak and daxter collection ill buy em both but not at release date ill w8 a bit first to drop the price since i already have the collections on ps3

Likewise.  I already have all these games platted on PS3, but it could be interesting to revisit them on the Vita if the price is right and the trophies stack.

On another note, god of war collections release date was so vague, I thought I was going to get it for christmas '13. Gold Mountain told me it would be in stock in December but obviously no one truly knew. Probably going to opt out until I really have nothing much to play.

Anyone know if they are cross save? I haven't gotten platinum in first 2 gow games so yeah...

Neat. I wonder if there will be cross-save that will auto-pop trophies, like in Thieves in Time. I really hope not.

I'm not 100% certain but I think there won't be anymore cross-save double lists.

I'm not 100% certain but I think there won't be anymore cross-save double lists

They will never exist anymore. Even if the game is Cross save, but not cross buy, (FFX HD, DBZ: Battle of Z) it is now a requirement for a shared trophy list. I've heard some indie devs talk about it.

Already looks better than Jak and Daxter. framerate isn't silky smooth, but it's stable and steady.

You can also tell this is Vita footage because of the button inputs. They're all colored white instead of their respective colors on PS2/3.

• 2 weeks later...

Next step is release GOW RE-RE-Remastered on PS4, I play so many times GOW 2, that I could play the entire game with the eyes closed. I can't believe SONY insists so much on releasing old games in multi-plataform, instead of working on new material, or at least remaking some old titles that wasn't remastered (ex: Persona 3, God Hand, Chaos Legion).

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...