Opinions on this game? Found out the developers are same for Titan Souls

No longer here

I haven't played titan souls, but I did plat this game (ps4 version). I would compare it to an old school zelda mainly. It's harder than that, but not unreasonable. Fun title, could be plat in 1 playthrough, but do 2 if you are interested in actually enjoying the game,  as the one trophy really restricts your play options. I enjoyed it for what it's worth. 

• Like 1

I really enjoyed the game.  @Moridin83 is spot on with a comparison to old-school Zelda.  Definitely more difficult, especially the one weapon run, but definitely nothing unmanageable.  The art style is really clean, I had zero bugs while playing, and the game is just fun.  I did 2 playthroughs for the plat and never got bored.  The exploration, music, characters, and world really keep you engaged.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

I just finished yesterday and have to say Death’s Door is a fantastic little game. Like others have said, the adventure and exploration elements are definitely akin to older Zelda games, and the hack-n-slash combat and boss battles have an obvious Dark Souls influence to them. Add in the interesting world, decent story, and a phenomenal soundtrack that really grows on you as you play, and you have a real hidden gem on your hands here.

Sadly I’ve been trying to urge some of my friends and fellow trophy hunters to check this out and nobody seems that interested for some reason, but I don’t see why anyone wouldn’t like this game! It’s super fun. Don’t miss it. 

• Like 3

Haven’t play Titan Souls but this is definitely an upper tier Indie. Really enjoyable throughout, plenty of exploration but not too much, plenty of collectibles but not too many.

Trophy wise I’m doing it in one playthrough and it’s been pretty straightforward, just get the missable trophies as soon as possible and upgrade flame. There’s just a little backtracking at the end but the regions aren’t too big.  

On 10/08/2023 at 5:26 PM, g-bake_1986 said:

Haven’t play Titan Souls but this is definitely an upper tier Indie. Really enjoyable throughout, plenty of exploration but not too much, plenty of collectibles but not too many.

Trophy wise I’m doing it in one playthrough and it’s been pretty straightforward, just get the missable trophies as soon as possible and upgrade flame. There’s just a little backtracking at the end but the regions aren’t too big.  

Titan Souls is a good game too. You can see some mechanics that have been improved in the Death's Door.

About the skills/upgrades, I used the bomb a lot in my first playtrough, I thought it was the best spell with the upgrade. But in my umbrella run I used the arrow skill and for me it was the best skill in the end. It's very fast and has good damage.

This game totally took me by surprise.  I played it as a palate cleanser and figured it would be decent, but I ended up seriously enjoying it.  It's such a charming game.  The combat and exploration are both very fun, the music is fantastic, and the trophy list is solid.  It's free with PS+ right now, but it's worth buying if you miss it this month.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This is a very entertaining game for those who want to take advantage and get a few hours of fun, if you like the gameplay and investigation of The Legend of Zelda they are similar in some aspects.

It is one of the monthly games in August, if you like this genre, don't miss the opportunity.😉🎮

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I’m playing the game currently and I’m really enjoying it. There’s a challenge to the combat but nothing crazy and the story is pretty interesting. The game also incentivizes you to explore with upgrades and a few weapons if you look hard enough. Definitely has Zelda, Metroid and Souls elements which all blend together nicely.