Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - PS4 Trailer

My only concern on this point is whether or not it shares the trophy list with the PS3 release.

I'd be totally fine if they're two separate lists, but starting up the PS4 version unlocks previously unlocked PS3 trophies, but if it's not a mutual exchange then I may have to wait on starting the PS4 version until I gain the platinum on the PS3 version.

Hope that made any sense.

My only concern on this point is whether or not it shares the trophy list with the PS3 release.

I'd be totally fine if they're two separate lists, but starting up the PS4 version unlocks previously unlocked PS3 trophies, but if it's not a mutual exchange then I may have to wait on starting the PS4 version until I gain the platinum on the PS3 version.

Hope that made any sense.

So basically you don't mind getting the plat on PS4 and then getting it on PS3 without having to do it all again, but you definitely don't want to have to do all the requirements twice?

If that's what you mean then yeah :) That completely makes sense.

So basically you don't mind getting the plat on PS4 and then getting it on PS3 without having to do it all again, but you definitely don't want to have to do all the requirements twice?

If that's what you mean then yeah :) That completely makes sense.

Essentially.

It'd be a real pain to lose my PS3 access because I'm switching to the PS4 version, and then find out that I'd need the PS3 version to complete it.

=_=;

I'd hope that you have access to both as long as you pay the subscription :hmm: If not that sucks.

Nope. You forfeit your access code for the PS3 version when you get your "free PS4 copy".

I suppose it's a way to stop people from using one purchase to play on two separate devices.

Nope. You forfeit your access code for the PS3 version when you get your "free PS4 copy".

I suppose it's a way to stop people from using one purchase to play on two separate devices.

Damn really? Seems daft to me. I mean I don't suppose there's much reason to play, what should be, an inferior version... but the option is always nice :)

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/02/12/final-fantasy-xiv-realm-reborn-new-ps4-trailer-beta-update/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+SCEEBlog+%28blog.eu.playstation.com%29

Square Enix has revealed firm details on Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn for PS4, including beta dates, features, a trailer and other details. First of all there's information regarding the game's beta, set to roll out in phases starting later this month.

Get the details here:

Beta info

• Phase 1: 22nd February to 3rd March
  • Phase 2: 4th April to 7th April
  • Japanese Standard Time assumed for all dates
  • The beta will be accessible for everyone with a PS4 and directly downloadable from the PS Store
  • There will be a character wipe after phase 1.
  • Players who made their character in beta phase two will be able to bring this data to the retail version.
  • PS3 and PC players of FFXIV will be able to transfer character data to the PS4 (please note that this is only necessary for the beta – in the retail version, all players will play on the same servers).

If you've played Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, you'll might also be wondering whether you can transfer your PS3 save data to the PS4 version. Wonder no more, because you can from April 11th, 2014. Once you've moved your data across, however, you'll no longer be able to play your PS3 version. Here's more detail on the save data transfer process:

PS3 to PS4 transfer

• The transfer service is scheduled to begin Friday, 11th April, 2014.
  • Please be aware that after transferring to the PS4 you will be unable to play the PS3 version using your existing copy.
  • Users who wish to play using both the PS3 and PS4 are required to purchase the PlayStation 4 version separately.
  • Users who own multiple service accounts for the PS3 can transfer all accounts to the PlayStation 4.
  • Users transferring their accounts will have access during the early access period, schedules from the 11th to 13th April.
  • Please note: To transfer your PS3 account, you must have logged in to it from a PS3 at least once.

The PlayStation 4 version of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn delivers the game with upgraded 1080p visuals, support for sharing of gameplay clips via the DualShock 4's 'share' button, Remote Play on PS Vita, support for keyboard and mouse, and touchpad functionality.

Check out Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn in the new PS4 trailer below. It'll be launching for PS4 from April 14th.

[Via PS Blog]

Edited by KitsuneChaos

Trophy should transfer over to PS4 version, so Platinum should pop on PS4 version if, you have that in PS3 version.

But that's merely just an assumption. I'm still waiting for an official confirmation about how it'll work. Otherwise, I can just go by anyone's assumption, then possibly wind up having to buy an additional copy just because it was incomplete on the PS3 version.

But that's merely just an assumption. I'm still waiting for an official confirmation about how it'll work. Otherwise, I can just go by anyone's assumption, then possibly wind up having to buy an additional copy just because it was incomplete on the PS3 version.

It was a Blue response from Square Enix on Blog.eu

It was a Blue response from Square Enix on Blog.eu

Though it also doesn't answer much of my original inquiry.

If we're to assume that the PS4 version will be a completely different trophy list from the PS3 version (even with trophies being the same), then we're all probably better off finishing the platinum on the PS3 version before ever converting to the PS4 version. That's my concern.

If I were to get 99% complete on the PS3 version, then start up the PS4 version, sure, it'll mean that my PS4 version will hit 99% as well -- but I'd then be stuck with that 99% in the PS3 version unless I were to purchase another copy of the game just to finish it up.

Final Fantasy 14 PS3/PS4 character transfers detailed

by Ozzie Mejia, shacknews.com, Feb 25, 2014 4:00PM PST

Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn is bracing to make its PS4 debut on April 14, with the beta already underway. Those adventuring through the PS3 version will likely want to transfer their accounts and characters to the game's next-gen version and Square Enix has detailed how to do just that.

Trasnfer services for FF14 will become available on April 11, days before the PS4 version's release. Character data (levels, items, story and quest progression) is stored on Square Enix's servers and can be transferred. Characters will be playable immediately, giving players a three-day head start before launch day. Any player-crated data, such as in-game macros and customized gear sets, will not be able to be transferred.

"We are working with Sony to create a flow for users to utilize the PSN servers to save their data and then import it on the PS4 Final Fantasy 14 launcher menu," a Square Enix representative told Polygon, ensuring a smooth transfer process.

Those that own a PS3 copy of Final Fantasy 14 are eligible to upgrade to the PS4 version at no extra charge. However, as previously stated, transferring player accounts to PS4 is a permanent process and will revoke playing rights to the PS3 version. Playing both versions will require two separate games.

Read more: http://www.shacknews.com/article/83272/final-fantasy-14-ps3-ps4-character-transfers-detailed/#ixzz2uOBXkcZp