500 games in under 30 minutes?

visighost

Thanks for confirming - and apologies for typo-ing your name, @Bizzy_Montana_ - explains why the @ didn't make it pop up...

It's going to take me forever to get there myself, especially as the kids insist on having the dances on and spend more time customizing their characters than we do playing the game... :D

Edited by visighost

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 10/28/2022 at 7:14 PM, Maxine said:

Unrelated to the original topic but how do you do an 8 player game? I assume it’s through a website page, indicating that you can have multiple tabs open on PC for example. 

I used sessionbox on chrome. Unfortunately it has a limit now. I could open just 6 tabs there. Then I used my phone to open a new one and the controller as a player. Total 8

Edited by tranquilu
  • Like 1

Sorry for not replying before, yes I also used a service such the one described by @tranquilu(Sessionbox as well if I recall correctly, it has been a while). In case you want to tackle multiple games, you could probably use a paid plan for one month with more sessions and also go for titles like Jackbox, a few trophies there require more than 6 players IIRC. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/15/2023 at 8:16 PM, tranquilu said:

I used sessionbox on chrome. Unfortunately it has a limit now. I could open just 6 tabs there. Then I used my phone to open a new one and the controller as a player. Total 8

On 11/15/2023 at 8:47 PM, Bizzy_Montana_ said:

Sorry for not replying before, yes I also used a service such the one described by @tranquilu(Sessionbox as well if I recall correctly, it has been a while). In case you want to tackle multiple games, you could probably use a paid plan for one month with more sessions and also go for titles like Jackbox, a few trophies there require more than 6 players IIRC. 

Makes sense, thank you both. Although interestingly, the EU trophy list says 4+ players, but NA says 8. Weird. 

3 minutes ago, Bizzy_Montana_ said:

@timpurnatThat's the epitome of thinking outside the box, such an amazing idea! Thanks for sharing and congratulations on getting both versions done :)

No worries and thanks for the kind words, happy to help :) This game can be such a drag if you do it manually since the category needs to be selected every round else you can't progress trough the match, so I was kinda forced to figure something out haha

4 hours ago, timpurnat said:

I didn't want to make a new thread, but it's possible to completely AFK this game with a simple script. I made a Cronus max script that presses :cross: and :right: continuously, 1 button press every half a second. This will automatically start a quick match with 1 player and confirm all player settings. The game crashes every hour or so, to fully automate the game it's recommended that you have both stacks installed and next to each other (Example below), that way when the game crashes, the script will skip past the crash report and select the first or second stack. We need to do that so the script doesn't pick some other game that is next to Papa's quiz since it's pressing right. There is cross-progression between stacks so it doesn't matter if you keep switching between them. It will take roughly 80h to play 500 matches.

18c1bdcb6d158-screenshotUrl.jpg?ex=6579d

If that was my Papa I think I would kill myself

4 hours ago, timpurnat said:

I didn't want to make a new thread, but it's possible to completely AFK this game with a simple script. I made a Cronus max script that presses :cross: and :right: continuously, 1 button press every half a second. This will automatically start a quick match with 1 player and confirm all player settings. The game crashes every hour or so, to fully automate the game it's recommended that you have both stacks installed and next to each other (Example below), that way when the game crashes, the script will skip past the crash report and select the first or second stack. We need to do that so the script doesn't pick some other game that is next to Papa's quiz since it's pressing right. There is cross-progression between stacks so it doesn't matter if you keep switching between them. It will take roughly 80h to play 500 matches.

so you are a cheater and a modder

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 11/29/2023 at 1:20 PM, timpurnat said:

Wow :o I would never think about that exactly because of the choosing the second one for a quicker game and the crashes. Luckily I started Vikings, so I could reach season 4 while pressing down and X xD

• Like 1