obligatory trophy thoughts thread

MonaSaxPayne

11 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

Because that's exactly what's happening here. And it's why a number of people who used to post frequently on these forums have stopped posting altogether.

Fall Guys even had Brian of PS5Trophies fame (last I checked he had nearly a million subscribers on his YouTube channel) try to convince the developers on Twitter to change the Infallible trophy because it just wasn't fair enough. I lost all respect for the guy once he posted his drivel.

I don't give a fuck what you do, but it's utterly tiring to see games like this, that are new and relevant, get the usual complaints. I'm a baby too because I made a legitimate rant on a game I just finished the other day so I guess in some ways that makes me a hypocrite.

I'm spewing crap and here you are angry and ranting yourself. It's amazing how fickle people are in this community, you say one thing wrong and suddenly the pitchforks come out.

If it pisses you off that much, then simply drop the game and move on. That's the reality. We shouldn't be handed participation awards for everything. Whatever.

Dude, I have absolutely nothing against you, I really don't. But can't you see how it could be annoying that people usually have to put up with this same thing time and time again when they just want to leave their thoughts in an appropriate thread? So what if people complain every now and again? I've seen your posts, you vent about stuff more than anyone. Why can't other people vent about stuff too even if it's just about a dumb trophy? There's a big difference between what is happening in this thread and say, the discussion around something like Fall Guys or Mein Leben where people were starting petitions to get the offending trophy changed or removed. It got really out of hand. People aren't doing that here, we're simply sharing our annoyance over a dumb trophy. It's been pretty mild in all honesty. I even said myself in an earlier post that it's just a dumb trophy and not the end of the world. 

• Like 1

Yeah, this trophy is terrible. I have done way harder things in gaming, and I know I'll get it. But, right now, I am so pissed off. I keep failing on one section every single time. I can do the majority flawlessly, and then when I do get past it, because I am so close I start feeling pressure and get one of them little bastards sucking on my cats cock.

edit: got the trophy 45 minutes after this comment. Glad that is over with. Persistence is key.

Edited by WalshYNWA

Great game!

The speedrun trophy eluded me by three minutes. I somehow sensed that precise delay when I was playing too.
(It really doesn't help that I could have been productive after an unusually slow day...)
At least I'm good with numbers, in times of dread!

I was going to cap off the Platinum with the cat sleeping, but now I'll end with a bang.
Speedruns don't jive with slow robots and sweeping cinematics, but the game is likeable enough I won't sour on a third playthrough.

I'm calling it now, Toonami is going to review this game one day. Yes, it's a brave stance to make, but somebody must speak the truth. I won't be silenced.
When that days comes, from then on I will point back to this post to confirm I am right about everything.

On my final attempt of the speedrun I'm going to watch Sonic the Hedgehog 2 to boost my fast. ?

EDIT: Can confirm, watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 makes you fast.
I finished halfway through the movie, though I rewound a lot to catch every line of dialogue.
I look forward to my place in the exact middle of the next Summoning Salt video.

Edited by Roden124

19 hours ago, The Alchemist said:

Dude, I have absolutely nothing against you, I really don't. But can't you see how it could be annoying that people usually have to put up with this same thing time and time again when they just want to leave their thoughts in an appropriate thread? So what if people complain every now and again? I've seen your posts, you vent about stuff more than anyone. Why can't other people vent about stuff too even if it's just about a dumb trophy? There's a big difference between what is happening in this thread and say, the discussion around something like Fall Guys or Mein Leben where people were starting petitions to get the offending trophy changed or removed. It got really out of hand. People aren't doing that here, we're simply sharing our annoyance over a dumb trophy. It's been pretty mild in all honesty. I even said myself in an earlier post that it's just a dumb trophy and not the end of the world.

When you say Jesus fucking Christ about people complaining about those complaining then of course I'm going to speak out on it. Maybe these trophies aren't anywhere near as bad as the ones I mentioned, but whenever 'hard' trophies do come with new trophy lists there's usually a couple threads from people who cannot earn said trophies. Which is fine, but threads like this one take them way too far.

You already displayed your frustration before I even started posting in the thread. Sometimes I just want to hear what others have to say on a game before I decide to buy it.

50 minutes ago, solitonmedic said:

...Am I the only one bothered by the No More Lives trophy? 

I was too. I did everything in my power to avoid it before beating the game.
Which I did, canonically, because my ninth death happened while I was replaying the Sewer level to scratch a cardboard I may have overlooked.
Death can't be cheated, the tally goes up when you kick the bucket (metaphorically.)
The nine lives pun was too obvious to skip but it's a dark trophy for an otherwise light cat game.
Beating the game under nine lives is the same premise but what is done is done.

For a game this short, the trophy list is pleasant. I got 13 hours out of it, not including the sleeping trophy.
It's really 11 hours if you don't include the botched speedrun, so if you're really dedicated, you could smell the roses and still complete this game in a single sitting.

Not totally enamoured with the gameplay, but I enjoyed Stray nonetheless and it was a pleasant little experience. The speedrun trophy is quite lenient - I had 29 minutes still to spare. “Can’t Cat-ch Me” was the most difficult trophy but even that felt totally doable with a bit of patience and luck. Writing this as the cat is sleeping for an hour and then I’ve got the plat!

Stray was an interesting game. I do think it’s one of the most overhyped games I’ve seen in a long time, but I think this largely speaks to how much people like cats and the excitement of having one as a protagonist. The game is relaxing and the environments are gorgeous, although the gameplay and puzzles really leave a lot to be desired. Gameplay is extremely minimal. However the overall vibe of the experience reminded me of something like Journey which is a net positive.

I actually managed to bang this platinum out in a single day, a feat that I very rarely manage even with shorter games. The trophies are quite simple and with the exception of Catch Me if You Can, they all reflect the relaxing nature of the game. Even the speed run is quite lenient and straightforward.

Overall I’m really glad this came to PS+ as in all honesty I think I’d be a little disappointed if I’d payed for this one as it’s so short and lacking in gameplay mechanics. But for a free game it was a really nice little treat for a summer day and a welcome addition to my trophy list.