(Fixed) PARTY HARD & HUGE SUCCESS Bugged

Mori

PARTY HARD & HUGE SUCCESS don't pop for me. Has anyone else tried these trophies and has the same issue?

I don't know how Party Hard can even be missable, since you have to kill all enemies to unlock the exit. I searched the whole level for hidden enemies, I only found a locked door to a room with some weapons.

Huge Success simply does not pop with the Mutator enabled.

EDIT: I joined their discord and it was acknowledged. They try to release a patch by next week and it will hopefully be fixed then.

As of 08.08.2022: Devs confirmed trophy bugs have been fixed and patch will release soon.

As of 19.08.2022: Patch and content update (3.0) for Severed Steel on PC got released. Devs announce console patch details soon.

The Devs mentioned in mid November, they will put PC related updates on hold, until console updates on Xbox and Playstation are out. "The update still needs to be greenlighted by Microsoft/Sony" is the usual answer when people ask regarding the patches.

24.12.2022: Update on Discord from developer:

mattwla [dev] — heute um 16:10 Uhr

Official announcement coming soon but wanted to let people here know early. Console patches approved! If all goes as planned will go live day after Xmas (dec 26th). Features rogue mode for all consoles, performance enhancements, gyro aim for Xbox and PS, and fixed achievements

09.01.2023: both trophies are fixed

Edited by Mori
  • Like 3

On 7/24/2022 at 11:34 AM, P-Low14 said:

I ordered game physical. Will release in September. Hopefully all the bugs are worked out by then. This game look phenomenal 

It's fantastic. Like I have said elsewhere, it's nuts that more people aren't playing it. I can only hope they played it on PC when it came out.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Devs confirmed on Discord that the trophy bugs have been fixed. Patch can't be released this week but most likely comes out some time next week or the week after.

@XDarcyBoomX how did you manage to obtain the "HUGE SUCCESS" trophy?

Edited by Mori
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8.08.2022 at 9:16 PM, Mori said:

Devs confirmed on Discord that the trophy bugs have been fixed. Patch can't be released this week but most likely comes out some time next week or the week after.

@XDarcyBoomX how did you manage to obtain the "HUGE SUCCESS" trophy?

Any new ETA on the patch? 

9 hours ago, nazcape said:

Any new ETA on the patch? 

I just asked.

"no news yet, waiting on some test results to come back"

"I guess the news is work is mostly done just in the final stages which can sadly take a bit"

"on steam patches are quite fast but for consoles theres a lot more red tape"

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, nazcape said:

seeing how many people downloaded this game i do not believe we are getting a patch at all... 

A developer finally answered the question in regards to the update: 

Hey sorry for the delay. There is a patch pretty much ready with cheevo fixes, performance improvements, and more. But for complicated beurocractic reasons it's not ready for porting yet. Hopefully very soon I'll announce when I know

I have to admit, it is questionable why the patch takes that long to release. The developer posted a meme about how patches on console usually take ages because of certification processes or something along the lines. 

I digged a little bit on how patch releases actually work on consoles but mostly found contradicting informations, however many report that patches on consoles are free of charge (some say a game has 2-3 free patches before Sony/Microsoft charges a fee, others say this info is outdated). Furthermore on PC patches can be uploaded instantly and be available in a matter of minutes to hours, on consoles there are apparently teams assigned just to look through patches to make sure it does not include malware/harmful stuff etc. (dont know the jargon to describe it).

The developer(s) are quite responsive on discord to all bug-reports, even achievement/trophy related issues.

Also the game receives a lot of content updates and fixes on PC, it's not like the developer abondoned the game.

Edited by Mori
  • Like 2

On 16.10.2022 at 10:46 AM, Mori said:

PARTY HARD & HUGE SUCCESS don't pop for me. Has anyone else tried these trophies and has the same issue?

I don't know how Party Hard can even be missable, since you have to kill all enemies to unlock the exit. I searched the whole level for hidden enemies, I only found a locked door to a room with some weapons.

Huge Success simply does not pop with the Mutator enabled.

EDIT: I joined their discord and it was acknowledged. They try to release a patch by next week and it will hopefully be fixed then.

As of 08.08.2022: Devs confirmed trophy bugs have been fixed and patch will release soon.

As of 19.08.2022: Patch and content update (3.0) for Severed Steel on PC got released. Devs announce console patch details soon

1 week later. Still glitched?

Edited by RealChukiX

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/18/2022 at 1:02 PM, nazcape said:

These devs are full of shit... 

I poked around on Discord, and apparently the devs are dealing with a localization issue with Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo, which is what's causing it to take so long. I don't reckon the devs are trying to pull anything, especially when considering how responsive they are on Discord.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

mattwla [dev] — heute um 16:10 Uhr

Official announcement coming soon but wanted to let people here know early. Console patches approved! If all goes as planned will go live day after Xmas (dec 26th). Features rogue mode for all consoles, performance enhancements, gyro aim for Xbox and PS, and fixed achievements

Update on Discord from dev.

If this doesn't happen, I'll give up on this game.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Trumpet_Boi_208 said:

The patch is currently live and the trophy popped as it should. The platinum is now 100% achievable.

Are you sure? I've tried checking for update on PS5 but it says there's no new update. Tried it just in case and it still isn't popping.

Edit: Seems like the PS4 version got the update already but not the PS5 version.

Edited by Darling Baphomet

Update from the developers re: the patch not dropping yet: "I'm waiting on an update for the status of the PS5 patch! I believe there was a minor bump in the road and it'll be slightly behind the others!"

Hopefully it doesn't take too long. I woke up in the middle of the night last night to check if the patch had dropped yet since I want to get on the first achievers leaderboard. ? Could have just stayed asleep.

• Like 1