Comparing NG to DMC

Syr_Rys

Hey everyone  ;)

Since the whole collection is on sale right now and I am interested in buying it, I was just curious if someone could tell me how NG compares to DMC.

I played every DMC game and platinumed most of them (DMC 4 didnt have a plat list when I played it back in the day ) and dabbled here and there with other Hack & Slash games, so the gameplay shouldnt be a huge problem, but you could say that I am a complete newbie in this franchise since I played only 1 game on Nintendo Ds.

The best things to know would be how forgiving the games are when it comes to the platinum and how much harder (I guess from a quick overall look) they are compared to DMC. 

Thanks everyone in advance and 

Cheers

Edited by DaivRules

I played dmc 1-5, and ng 1-3. Except dmc2 and ng3 these games are the best in genre. Platinum trophy in ng1 and ng2 are harder then all dmc plats, because in every dmc game you can find really cheap strategies to win. In ng1 there is wall run tha works everywhere and ng2 there some exploits too,but overall they are harder that everything dmc can throw at you. And dont play ng3 , that game is trash like dmc2. Ng1 and Ng2 are fantastic games with cool gameplay and hard enemies. 

Edited by Tyrantraxus
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tyrantraxus said:

I played dmc 1-5, and ng 1-3. Except dmc2 and ng3 these games are the best in genre. Platinum trophy in ng1 and ng2 are harder then all dmc plats, because in every dmc game you can find really cheap strategies to win. In ng1 there is wall run tha works everywhere and ng2 there some exploits too,but overall they are harder that everything dmc can throw at you. And dont play ng3 , that game is trash like dmc2. Ng1 and Ng2 are fantastic games with cool gameplay and hard enemies. 

Ok thanks for a quick answer.

Is the game overall more difficult because the enemies are more complex and people get too annoyed and dont learn their patterns or are there some bs attacks that can force you to ragequit?

And is the 3rd part really that bad? As awful as DMC 2 or even worse and just unplayable?

27 minutes ago, Syr_Rys said:

Ok thanks for a quick answer.

Is the game overall more difficult because the enemies are more complex and people get too annoyed and dont learn their patterns or are there some bs attacks that can force you to ragequit?

And is the 3rd part really that bad? As awful as DMC 2 or even worse and just unplayable?

Yeah ordinary enemies are kind brutal. When you learn patterns it will be easier, but there are combination of enemies that makes you cry and ragequit like you said) There is video on youtube how hard was original ng2, where gamer cant even beat first wave of enemies. Of course learning movements of enemies will make you better and if you can plat dmc 1,3 you can for sure plat ng1, 2, but it will be harder in all aspects. 

Bosses in ng2 are hard to master too, I didnt have so much problems in all dmc series, because there are almost everywhere cheap ways to win. If you ll play ng2 on ps3 there are some online trophies. On ps4 everything offline I believe. 3d ng is bad, not as bad as dmc2, but after ng1 and ng2 (both are masterpieces) you will not want play this game. 

• Like 1

DMC 4,5 were much easier than NGS or NGS2, i've struggled a bit in NGS at very hard (i have played very greedy) and some challenges (especially that one with Ishtaros and Nicchae together versus Rachel) After NGS platinum NGS2 was much easier, it still has some hard things but it wasn't that hard for me as in NGS. I would definitely came back for razor's edge platinum and i hope its not that bad as previous guy said, but i already hate those challenges with NGS2 bosses, looks cheap.

• Like 1

It's really difficult to compare the series because of how different they all play from each other. 

For example, Ninja Gaiden Sigma focuses on pretty defensive combat. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 is the opposite where you're trying to be as aggressive as possible otherwise you'll get grabbed and potentially die in one hit on Master Ninja mode. 

I guess the fundamental differences would be that enemy aggression is much stronger in NG and it's more about survival than it is about styling on the enemies. 

--

And if we're comparing them in difficulty. the NG games have harder plats by consequence of being harder games. 

Edited by CelestialRequiem
  • Like 3

If your referring to the PS4 Master Collection the games in my opinion would be easier to complete than DMC because they don't require anyone's assistance on the missions since co-op was removed. They also removed the online grind from Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 1 is unchanged from the PS Vita version whilst Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 had the grind 1000 kills with each weapon removed and they tweaked the missions to make them beatable on your own since nobody has beat Ultimate Ninja 1 and 3 on the PlayStation 3 version with the AI computer.

• Like 1

Ok thanks again for all the replies

I kinda have an image in my head how this should look like, so thats a good start.

And since NG3 is not per se a bad game, just much worse than the 2 orevious games i will probably start with it.

And its a new challange so it should be fun (proceed to cry a river after a couple hours?)

Thanks again and 

Cheers

On 7/25/2022 at 3:05 PM, Syr_Rys said:

Ok thanks again for all the replies

I kinda have an image in my head how this should look like, so thats a good start.

And since NG3 is not per se a bad game, just much worse than the 2 orevious games i will probably start with it.

And its a new challange so it should be fun (proceed to cry a river after a couple hours1f62d.png)

Thanks again and 

Cheers

Having plat all of them I can tell u that if u start with 3 first it's going to be an up hill battle. If u master part 1 first the rest will be easy but starting with 3 will not help lol good luck