Evolve servers are back online?

WorldsBestSpy

Per this article.

https://www.nme.com/news/gaming-news/evolve-stage-2-is-back-from-the-dead-as-peer-to-peer-servers-come-back-online-3275312

Now, I know that supposedly this shouldnt matter but according to the sources, 2K also brought back matchmaking. I do not play this game, but does this indicate the Instant Artist trophy is attainable again, since according to this line:

It seems 2K have gone a step further now, and reinstated peer-to-peer and matchmaking functionality for Evolve: Stage 2 after four years.

Guide says the matchmaking was needed for Instant Artist.

Can anyone confirm? In any case, the servers are actually back , unknown if the trophy is attainable again currently.

Edit: per sources, servers are back up but the needed service for trophy is not. Therefore making it still unobtainable.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
Edited title
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Lonewolf546619 said:

I downloaded for this specific reason and the badge server is still unavailable so the platinum is still unobtainable unless you already have the instant artist trophy

Apparently you may have to select "no" when you are prompted to connect to the server. It will bypass the server check and allow you to connect P2P or play with bots

Edit - Sorry this may not help for this particular trophy...leaving it up just in case

Edited by TheRedMaverick
  • Like 3

Evolve Stage 2 is a PC game, it was basically Evolve, but went free to play before being shut down. Only people who owned the game prior to F2P (Called Evolve Legacy) were able to continue playing on PC. Looks like the ability to play the game, and play it online, has been restored to the F2P version. This article has nothing to do with the Playstation or Xbox versions. 

Edited by Floorkiller74
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Sydoki said:

You got me all excited there for a second...damn...to be unable to get a plat because of some stupid badge trophy...

This^

Of all the trophies that could have been affected by the server closure, the only one to actually be affected was for using the most pointless and tacked on feature in the entire game. I'm lucky I got everything done before the servers closed but I know a lot of players didn't :(.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 28/06/2023 at 3:01 AM, LadyGallethX3 said:

No, but its going dead completely very soon, so get that premade trophy done! Not sure if theres a few others.

I havent seen anything about the game "dead" completely. I know the player base is low if that is what you mean.

7 minutes ago, BTHRZeroX said:

I havent seen anything about the game "dead" completely. I know the player base is low if that is what you mean.

I was referring more to the online part. I dont think the peer to peer is anymore now so those after those trophies that require others is impossible.

• Like 1