Can someone explain to me why save transfers are flagged as cheating?

I want to understand why save transfer from my canadian account to my main account is cheating?I am referring to Infamous for which I transferred my save from one of my accounts to the other and the trophies popped our of order, but I still had to play and get the rest of the trophies.Isn't this the same principle for Autopopping trophies when you transfer your PS4 save data to your PS5 ?I even asked a Sony rep about it and they said as long as it doesn't violate their ToS then it should be fine.I've seen other things get a pass that would normally be considered cheating, like this :  

The bottom-line is that I think we should be allowed to have at least one game per account without getting our accounts flagged if we allow cases like the one I posted above.

Edited by chrisredfield_97

5 minutes ago, Tosmasta00 said:

It's because the trophies are out of order and therefore can't be disdinguished from someone that did hack the trophies.

Also that would allow people who know to cheat one game for free if they would allow that.

But the same thing can happen when you autopop trophies on PS5 with a PS4 save file, so that doesn't really make sense.Also, I am strictly talking about PS3 games, since those were the only ones where this worked.

7 minutes ago, chrisredfield_97 said:

But the same thing can happen when you autopop trophies on PS5 with a PS4 save file, so that doesn't really make sense.

Which can be done without any outside intervention. Transfering from one account to another can't.

• Like 2

Just now, JoniP said:

Which can be done without any outside intervention. Transfering from one account to another can't.

It is EXACTLY the same thing.You can transfer your ps3 save date from your account to your other account and trophies pop just like they would when you transfer them from your ps4 to your ps5.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, chrisredfield_97 said:

But the same thing can happen when you autopop trophies on PS5 with a PS4 save file, so that doesn't really make sense.Also, I am strictly talking about PS3 games, since those were the only ones where this worked.

You need to previously have a completed legit trophy list on another platform for the autopopped trophies to be valid, you can't have an autopopped list on PS5 if you don't have the respective PS4 trophy list done... There is some games like Diablo II that allow playing on PC and autopop trophies... With those is more difficult to identify cheaters.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

This site isn’t associated with Sony, so their input is irrelevant. It has its own leaderboard with its own rules. Transferring saves between accounts is against the rules because it both results in out of order timestamps and relies completely on trust to say that it isn’t a save downloaded from the internet. 
Autopopping is a mechanic built in from developers as an intentional design choice for their game and as such is allowed. 

I understand that, but why is it that an exception can be made for the case I posted above, but you can't make a ONE time exception for people that transferred their save file from one account to their main account?

10 minutes ago, DeepEyes7 said:

You need to previously have a completed legit trophy list on another platform for the autopopped trophies to be valid, you can't have an autopopped list on PS5 if you don't have the respective PS4 trophy list done... There is some games like Diablo II that allow playing on PC and autopop trophies... With those is more difficult to identify cheaters.

diablo 2 you can’t save transfer to ps5. You can only save transfer to ps4. You also don’t get an auto pop going from ps4>ps5. Some minor trophies auto pop and trophies where you have to get gold or waypoints will re-pop once you complete the requirement, 

specifically the level 99 trophy is a one pop and done, even if you got to 98 on pc it would have to be online for ps5 and there are very few ways to cheat.

anyone who is autopopping level 99 from ps4>ps5 would be a clear sign of cheating

Edited by swagdonald445

7 minutes ago, DeepEyes7 said:

I don't think you understand how save transfers used to work on PS3, so I'll explain it for you.Say you have two users on your playstation with accounts on different regions(like I did).I beat the game on one user, then copied the save from that user on my main account and some trophies popped out of order.That's exactly how PS4 to PS5 autopopping works.Isn't it?

2 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

They are not the same thing. If you autopop trophies due to transferring from PS5 to PS4, there's an easily identifiable source on your profile. We can tell you already put the work in because it's already on your profile. The CRT (or anyone else) can look at your profile and understand why your trophies autopopped.

Transferring from another account like you described for infamous does not have an easily identifiable source. How are we supposed to know this is YOUR save that caused it? How do we know that you didn't just grab it off the internet somewhere to make the plat easier and faster? That's why there's no exceptions. 

And that's exactly why I said we should have a one time exception, since you guys are willing to forgive others, like the example I posted above.

@chrisredfield_97 you're missing the entire point. If you beat a game and then auto pop it on the ps5 its allowed because the ps4 trophies on your profile prove you earned them legit. Taking a random save from somewhere that is not your account and then putting on your account to get trophies to pop is not allowed. You could of got that save file from anywhere on the internet. Plus if youre that worried about the plat why didnt you just beat it on your main account to begin with? Im not saying you cheated, but rules are rules and this is exactly why the site implemented these rules. 

Edited by Camokidd87
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Camokidd87 said:

@chrisredfield_97 you're missing the entire point. If you beat a game and then auto pop it on the ps5 its allowed because the ps4 trophies on your profile prove you earned them legit. Taking a random save from somewhere that is not your account and then putting on your account to get trophies to pop is not allowed. You could of got that save file from anywhere on the internet. Plus if youre that worried about the plat why didnt you just beat it on your main account to begin with.

4 minutes ago, DeepEyes7 said:

Thanks, my account have more than 12 years since the PS3 era and I didnt understand how that works... /s

You dont understand that you cant do the same between your PS3 accounts because you can't prove the source is legit? At least on PS4-PS5 you have the source there, in your trophy list, yeah you are doing the same, but is not valid. Hide the game and deal with it.

Then what about the example I posted in the OP?How can he prove he didn't use a third party editing software to obtain the trophies?That's what I'm trying to understand.If the admins can let that one slide, then why can't they make an exception for people that transferred their saves to their main accounts?

3 minutes ago, chrisredfield_97 said:

Then what about the example I posted in the OP?How can he prove he didn't use a third party editing software to obtain the trophies?That's what I'm trying to understand.If the admins can let that one slide, then why can't they make an exception for people that transferred their saves to their main accounts?

Yeah, it can't be proved, sadly some games like that one could be done that way and you can't prove it is cheating, but that doesnt mean that you could use the same excuse on all the games that clearly doesnt have that option. 

If you see the dispute threads you have seen some people off the hook because there is reports of some trophies in THAT game being glitchy, but that doesnt mean that then all games could have weird timestamps because X game is glitchy.

Just now, DeepEyes7 said:

Yeah, it can't be proved, sadly some games like that one could be done that way and you can't prove it is cheating, but that doesnt mean that you could use the same excuse on all the games that clearly doesnt have that option. 

If you see the dispute threads you have seen some people off the hook because there is reports of some trophies in THAT game being glitchy, but that doesnt mean that then all games could have weird timestamps because X game is glitchy.

I totally understand that.Hence my question, why is he given a pass but others aren't?If a person has a game with trophies out of order, why can't the admins make a one time exception per person and not flag him if the guy from the OP got it?

13 minutes ago, chrisredfield_97 said:

Then what about the example I posted in the OP?

You’re missing the point in the Example you provided that both accounts join the same game and the developers cause the second account to auto-pop trophies. It’s designed to function that way, which is why it’s not at all like your situation. 

They weren’t “given an exception”, they never broke any rules. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

You’re missing the point in the Example you provided that both accounts join the same game and the developers cause the second account to auto-pop trophies. It’s designed to function that way, which is why it’s not at all like your situation. 

They weren’t “given an exception”, they never broke any rules. 

But he never provided any proof for his claims.He just made that statement without any proof and you believed him.That's why I don't understand why you can make an exception for him but not for others?

Just now, chrisredfield_97 said:

But he never provided any proof for his claims.He just made that statement without any proof and you believed him.That's why I don't understand why you can make an exception for him but not for others?

How do you know no one verified it functioned as explained? Just because no one posted here? Have you tried to show it doesn’t function that way? What does that have to do with you just wanting a special exemption from the leaderboard rules? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

How do you know no one verified it functioned as explained? Just because no one posted here? Have you tried to show it doesn’t function that way? What does that have to do with you just wanting a special exemption from the leaderboard rules? 

I assumed since no one posted that they didn't verify it.

How can you know for sure that my trophies didn't just pop out of order?You can't.I just want the same benefit of doubt that the person in the OP got.That's all.

Just now, chrisredfield_97 said:

I assumed since no one posted that they didn't verify it.I just want the same benefit of doubt that the person in the OP got.That's all.

Again, they didn’t get any benefit of the doubt and they didn’t get any exemption. They never broke any leaderboard rules.