Pure White Character Tendency help

Pupik-Kaci26

I am new to the game and nearly finished with it. However I have one more ring to obtain which is the friend or ally ring from monumental. It requires Pure White Tendency but I cannot in hell make Tendency to move towards White no matter what I do. I haven't killed any NPCs plus slain all Black phantoms. 

Already on my 3rd playthrough and it just won't turn Pure White. 

I have tried doing coop with a friend but still stays the same. This part am confused tho. Do you to have use Black Eye stone to invade other player for Tendency to move towards White or do I have to be invaded by other player ? And how many kills exactly do you need for it to turn. Also do I use Black or red stone on which World ? 

Please help

• 2 weeks later...

You need to be invaded and defeat the invader. It takes something like 7 kills to go from pure black to pure white. As far as I know the invaders used the red stone. You can also kill the 5 black phantoms to go from neutral to white, but you need to actually do the killing blow, if they die from status effect or something else that is not a direct hit (poison or fall damage) it won't change the char tendency

Edited by fenris-lima
  • Like 1

I remember making the mistake of invading a player in my first playthrough to get a trophy in the remake and that made the pure white character tendency more difficult to obtain.

For new players I would definitely recommend not invading and killing anyone online until you get the Ally ring. That way the black phantoms NPC's will be enough to get your character to pure white tendency without having to play online and make your platinum easier.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
55 minutes ago, TheAbyssWalker61 said:

It's possible to get pure white tendency without the help of others?

Pure white world tendency: easy defeat all bosses and never die in body form

Pure white character tendency: much difficulty, have to defeat certain black phantom NPCs that spawn in black world tendency.

You have to get all worlds pure white and do all pure white events, then get the world black by killing yourself in body form to find black phantoms to get your character pure white. Getting the other player to help you is simply a lot easier.

10 hours ago, TheAbyssWalker61 said:

It's possible to get pure white tendency without the help of others?

Yes, and there's a guide of the ps3 version to plat it by yourself in 10 hours. And beware because killing black phantom npc's by poison or falling on a ledge will NOT grant you any tendency change.

Pro tip: If you equip the Clever Rat's ring and the Morion Blade in the off hand and reduce your HP below 30% you will get a 140% damage boost (a.k.a Hypermode).

If you have a fast weapon that can stun the phantoms, you can kill them quickly just by spamming R1. Works the same with Old King Doran.

Edited by Domino_Destructo
  • Like 1

Does character tendency change towards white by playing the game normally or is it ONLY via those 5 named black phantoms? Like for example I'm 3/4 towards white character tendency and towards the end of the first playthrough. If I finish the game and then do NG+ normally without killing the 5 named black phantoms or NPCs, will I shift further towards white?

On 11/24/2022 at 10:43 AM, iriihutoR84 said:

character tendency

http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/character-tendency

How can it be changed?

Change in Character Tendency is immediate. There is no need to return to the Nexus.

Towards White

• Defeat invading Black Phantoms online
    • In 3-3 Defeat another player invading as the Old Monk - counts as Black Phantom kill. Offline mode doesn't count.
    • As a Host: Defeat invading Black Phantoms in any world where the Boss is still alive.
    • As a Blue Phantom in another world: Strike the fatal blow against a Black Phantom - in addition, the host Character Tendency will also go towards White.

Defeating any of these will shift the Character Tendency 20% from Neutral towards White. Defeating all five will move the Character Tendency from Neutral to Pure White (it takes two playthroughs, or 10 kills, to go from pure black to pure white offline). Killing these will also move the World Tendency +3 towards white.

If the killing blow towards a named NPC black phantom is dealt by means of Soulsucker or any source of poison/plague damage, there will be no change in Character Tendency. If a Black Phantom falls to their death it will also prevent any change to character tendency.

• 2 weeks later...

For what it s worth: I killed all BP in PBWT and my CT was not sufficient for getting the friend ring. Odd really because I did everything by the book. Luckily i made a save right before starting my Killing campaign. So reload. Did everything equal but didnot this time use cracked eyestone on one of the BP (Selen). Finishing my 5th and Last kill, back to the Nexus and..... I GOT THÉ FRIEND RING !  So really Odd. My weapon is uchigatana+5  (moon upgrade)  Just mentioning because i read that death causedby bleeding might prevent to get the kill and therefore no progrès in the CT. As i mention éd : for what it s worth.

Edited by BeetleBobBailey

• 2 weeks later...