PS3 Platinum recommendations

Kthasin

14 hours ago, S1nhwaui said:

I have all these and played them at some point, still have to platinum them.

Folkelore is an interesting on,ever heard of it. Have to buy one eventually! The rest I have it all and yet to platinum lol

Yea I actually retried to platinum a few years after playing it the 1st time (started playing something else at the same time and forgot about it). I have platinumed the remake of the 1st and wanted to do it for the 2nd as well but so many games to play and backtrack...

Space Marines I actually played on pc 1 week before the 2nd was announced and I'm hyped lmao. Need to buy the ps3 version to play it a few days before the 2nd actually releases.

Orange box and Portal played all of them on PC as well. (Might get them either way)

The rest you mentioned I have all of them to backtrack sooner or later.

The only one you mentioned that I need to buy is the MGS HD collection. Killzone is one of my favorite FPS franchises ever. and I still have to play all Mass Effects and Dragon Ages.

Solid picks.

ICO is actually the only game you mentioned that I never played or seen anything from it.

unfortunately I'll be to late. did this with Mad Max and it was kind of a pain doing it "against the clock". might get it either way even owning it on PC later.

One more ATLUS game for the list! Also waiting for Persona 3 FES and 4 Golden for the PS4

Salvation was the first platinum I did like 2 years ago when I setup my ps3 once again. Why is it impossible? No servers in EU?

All on the list, just need to buy Lightning Returns to have all 3.

New Vegas top 5 games for me.

I have gta 4 and had a blast on it but never bought the dlc on the ps3. I do have them on pc and for the plat without servers or even players will be harsh unless there's still people boosting.

Dustforce I think I saw it on steam once and the rest besides MGS HD I own it.

Syndicate now that's a game I wanted back then and I slowly forgot it existed. I need to get it! Quantum Conundrum wasn't offered in ps plus? the name and cover is familiar,

thanks for the heads up, it is the only gow I never played because my PS3 had only 80gb and you needed like 100 or more of storage to download it. soon ish to be played.

My first Tales is Arise and still on it, actually loving it.

Also played like half of all FF games, Personas etc.. in my boredom days I usually play JRPGs because they have light gameplay while using your brain a bit more.

Been playing Octopath Traveler when I'm bored of other games.

Do you mind messaging me more JRPGs here on psnprofiles? I know some franchises/sagas but not as many as I would like. and googling them only shows the popular ones, I want some gems.

these are some good options. all options until no more heroes are great new adds (except colossus which I own both ps3 and ps4 versions). SSX was great in PS2, I don't remember the ps3 version well.

Alice is the one left to buy. the copies are kinda expensive in here ngl. Not Rule of Rose or Kuon level of expensive but around 40 euros if I'm not mistaken.

Online pass for Warhammer Space Marine is delisted outside NA territory. You need one to go past level 5 and thus impossible unless you buy a NA copy. This actually is a total pisstake because they left the servers on but in Region 2 made it so you can't play it if you go past rank 5. Yet more Sony shitting on non American players. This only affects ps3, on x360 the dlc and pass is purchasable as normal. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, blazkowicz6 said:

Alpha Protocol,Deus EX,Demon's Souls,CoJ:Bound in Blood,Bad Company 2,Yakuza 3,Uncharted games...

14 hours ago, Vern3r0z said:

MGS 2-4

Alpha Protocol

Deus ex human revolution

also alice can be bought in the ps3 store, no need to get a physical copy.

Alpha Protocol is good shoutout. 

Yes the game had its jankiness but I loved it. Sadly, I lost my trophies for it to the YLOD and sold my copy. Might need to pick it up again ? 

I played Catherine recently and got the plat for it. I loved the game, unique puzzles, a challenging and satisfying plat. The toughest part are the randomised stages, but the final stage is glitched so you need to play it in local co op to complete. I ended up controlling both characters by myself 

-Tomb Raider HD Trilogy (Legend and Anniversary are delisted, so if you find the trilogy on disc that'd work)

-Splinter Cell HD Trilogy

-Prince of Persia HD Trilogy

-Prince of Persia 2008 and Forgotten Sands

-Deus Ex Human Revolution

-Dead Space 1 and 2

-GTA 4, GTA San Andreas

-Red Dead Redemption 1

- LA Noire

- Assassins Creed 2 and AC Rogue

- Spec Ops The Line

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

If you like 1st person shooter type games, you may want to check out Wolfenstein: New Order. Pretty fun game and a relatively easy Platinum, I've done it 3 times so far (once on PS3, and twice on PS4). It is completely single player, and has an unlockable (need to unlock it for platinum, along with the 3 other bonus modes, just need to unlock not actually play them) bonus mode called 999 which gives you unlimited ammunition, a 999 starting health level (though it degrades to your maximum health level), and is locked to the hardest skill level but with those boosts it is like an easy mode. Also no speed run or challenge trophies. It does have trophies related to skill unlocks but those stack and any collectables and skill unlocks once collected stay collected even if you restart the game.

I won't give any spoilers to the game content, but for gameplay purposes choose to save Fergus first, as in his timeline strand there is a collectable that gives you the ability to have a higher health level, whereas on the Wyatt timeline it increases the amount of armor that is picked up but still with a max of 100 armor. Also, no matter who you save they will hate you for it, so just do what is most advantageous gameplay wise.

On 8/27/2022 at 5:43 PM, S1nhwaui said:

The only one you mentioned that I need to buy is the MGS HD collection.

MGS Peacewalker is one of my favorite games all-time. 

Didn't see Okami here. Zombie Driver HD is crossbuy with ps4.  RE 4/5.  Wolfenstein, LA Noire, Hard Rain, wolverine...

Oddworld SW was a good one.  I might buy it again for ps4.

Might I recommend the Dragon Ball Z Budokai Collection...pretty great guide on this website

Arkham Asylum is also great and doesn't have the crazy amount of challenge related trophies the other games have

Assassin's Creed II is still my favorite and one of the only PS3 AC that has a platinum but no multiplayer trophies

Finally, classic Demon's Souls.

• 8 months later...