PS3 Platinum recommendations

Kthasin

What games did you enjoy and recommend to platinum on the ps3? I recently got my Elgato working with my Switch and PS5 so I'm more to use the PS3 (since I usually stream to my friends on discord), and I'm looking for games to platinum that I own or I'll just buy them in the future.

Even games to 100% with no platinum are fine, the only problem would be games that have online related trophies when the servers are most likely shutdown but there should be some exceptions to 90% if it's fun and worthwhile.

• Like 1

Any of the Borderlands games (the co-op trophies can be done offline in 2 and TPS if you have enough controllers), Dead Space 1, Catherine, Fallout 3 (if you can tolerate the many issues it has), Bioshock 1, Bioshock Infinite, South Park: The Stick of Truth, Dishonored, Folkelore (doesn't have trophies), Civilization: Revolution (doesn't have trophies, plus the MP servers closed down years ago) and Mass Effect 2 are all worth playing  :)

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

Most of my PS3 games I platinumed contain online trophies, some of them I really enjoyed but they don't fit your requirement. However, Mafia 2 (especially PS3's version and not the remastered version on PS4) is still one of the most enjoyable PS3 platinums I've received.

You already have the game in your list with only a few trophies left so I would suggest to actually replay it while getting the remainder of trophies instead of just wrapping up. It's such a great game. If you plan to 100% it you'll be in for quite the grind with the first DLC though.

Edited by woggly4
  • Like 2

You might have some of these games on PC anyway (especially if you use shitcord), but here goes:

WH40K Space Marine

The Orange Box (No trophies, but they're all great games)

Portal 2

Yakuza 3,4,5

Call of Juarez: Gunslinger (seeing as you already have it) + Bound in Blood

All the CoDs

All the Battlefields (except hardline)

Sniper Elite 2/3

• Like 1

I can absolutely recommend all Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter and Sly Cooper games on PS3. All of them are very enjoyable and defenetly doable. 

The Games:

1) Ratchet and Clank 1

2) Ratchet and Clank 2 Going Commando

3) Ratchet and Clank 3 Up your Arsenal

4) Ratchet Deadlocked / Gladiator

5) Ratchet and Clank A Crack in Time

6) Ratchet and Clank all 4 one (online trophies are still possible) 

7) Ratchet and Clank Full Frontal Assault / QForce (online trophies are still possible) 

8) Ratchet and Clank Nexus 

9) Jak and Daxter The Precursor Legacy

10) Jak 2 Renegade

11) Jak 3

12) Sly 1

13) Sly 2

14) Sly 3 

15) Sly Minigames (only 100%)

16) Sly Cooper Thieves in Time 

17) Bentleys Hackpack (only 100%)

A lot of them have multiple trophy stacks on Ps3/ Ps4/ PsVita

Edited by JasseZocker
  • Like 2

God of War Series (Ascension has one online trophy and I think an online pass is needed.)

Mass Effect Trilogy (or just get the Remastered Trilogy on the PS4)

Ratchet and Clank series though I can't speak to Free 4 All or the other coop one.

Dragon Age series 

Killzone Trilogy (though 2 and 3 can't be platinumed since servers are down.)

Sly Cooper series is pretty good

Metal Gear Solid 2, 3, and 4

Sure there is more on my list but those are some the best IMO.

Looking at your list, I would recommend:

Dead Space

Dead Space 2 (Hard Core can be very difficult but is supremely rewarding - its maybe my favorite platinum I've ever done)

MGS4 (I did this one recently and as long as you're comfortable reloading your saves a lot, it truly is not as hard as some make it out to be!)

Prototype 2

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

ICO (I'm currently doing this one, it can be a little painful but its quite short and is impressive!)

God of War 1 and 2

Silent Hill 3 (Silent Hill 2 as well if you're feeling adventurous and want a pretty rare and difficult platinum)

Saint's Row The Third

Assassin's Creed 2

inFamous

Sleeping Dogs

Alice: Madness Returns

Non-Plats:

Beyond Good and Evil HD

Edited by nrs1nrs1
  • Like 2

Terminator Salvation. Good game and a 6 hour plat. Just finish the game on hard mode 

21 hours ago, shipper321 said:

You might have some of these games on PC anyway (especially if you use shitcord), but here goes:

WH40K Space Marine

Portal 2

Yakuza 3,4,5

All the CoDs

Sniper Elite 2/3

Space marine is impossible if outside NA region without buying a complete digital edition from the NA store.

Prince of persia trillogy and 2008 ver

Aliens vs predator

Grand theft auto 4 complete edition

Dustforce (it doesn't have a platinum but still it is a good game) 

Red dead redemption

The darkness 2

Mirror's edge

Metal gear solid HD collection

Edited by miminator20

23 hours ago, da-Noob123 said:

God of War Series (Ascension has one online trophy and I think an online pass is needed.)

Ratchet and Clank series though I can't speak to Free 4 All or the other coop one.

Dragon Age series 

PSA you can get the GoW Ascension online trophy without an online pass if you play the game through ps plus premium on a ps4/5

For there were all JRPGs. 

FFXIII

FFXIII-2

Lightning Returns

Tales of Vesperia

Tales of Graces

Tales of Xillia and Xillia 2

Tales of Zestiria

Other good games I played that are also on PS3 are the Steins gate games, Atelier Sophie and FFX and X-2.

None of these have online trophies 

• Like 2

On 8/15/2022 at 1:34 PM, S1nhwaui said:

I recently got my Elgato working with my Switch and PS5 so I'm more to use the PS3

? You got elgato to work on PS3? Please do tell how ? I very much want to make a video series for the PS3 version of Sanctum 2.

Platinum Recommendations (trying to avoid previous mentions and any also on ps4)

Shadow of the Colossus (has a ps4 remake but I think the ps3 version is said to be more challenging)

Doctor Who The Eternity Clock

El Shaddai Ascension of the Metatron (1 “score upload” online trophy after first playthrough)

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

Katamari Forever (1 scoreboard viewing online trophy, some 2 controllers)

Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom

NeverDead (some online MP trophies fyi)

No More Heroes

All Oddworld ?

All Prince of Persia except maybe Forgotten Sands
Remember Me

Resogun (no online/dlc on ps3 version)

SSX (online heavy, need EA account)
Zombie Tycoon 2 (some online, can use a ps3 and a vita)

I’m a little iffy about recommending Portal 2 if you’re looking to get the platinum as it’s been said to not work anymore for those 2 online trophies. However I don’t know the current situation for sure as when I finally got the trophies, the forum here was saying only PS3-PS3 works but I got them by PC-PS3. Steam page also already had this blue box or something saying PS3 Portal 2 is no longer supported but I had zero plans on giving up.

Edited by EqualityEarth

the ones i did or still on my list are :

All god of war games - completed

all Splinter Cell games except the last one with online trophies

Alice Madness Returns

Prince Of Persia Games

GTA IV - completed

and all classics like jak and daxter , sly cooper , ratchet and clank

Edited by Malinoiss

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/15/2022 at 10:17 PM, JasseZocker said:

I can absolutely recommend all Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter and Sly Cooper games on PS3. All of them are very enjoyable and defenetly doable. 

The Games:

1) Ratchet and Clank 1

2) Ratchet and Clank 2 Going Commando

3) Ratchet and Clank 3 Up your Arsenal

4) Ratchet Deadlocked / Gladiator

5) Ratchet and Clank A Crack in Time

6) Ratchet and Clank all 4 one (online trophies are still possible) 

7) Ratchet and Clank Full Frontal Assault / QForce (online trophies are still possible) 

8) Ratchet and Clank Nexus 

9) Jak and Daxter The Precursor Legacy

10) Jak 2 Renegade

11) Jak 3

12) Sly 1

13) Sly 2

14) Sly 3 

15) Sly Minigames (only 100%)

16) Sly Cooper Thieves in Time 

17) Bentleys Hackpack (only 100%)

A lot of them have multiple trophy stacks on Ps3/ Ps4/ PsVita

I have all these and played them at some point, still have to platinum them.

On 8/15/2022 at 9:50 PM, HuntingFever said:

Any of the Borderlands games (the co-op trophies can be done offline in 2 and TPS if you have enough controllers), Dead Space 1, Catherine, Fallout 3 (if you can tolerate the many issues it has), Bioshock 1, Bioshock Infinite, South Park: The Stick of Truth, Dishonored, Folkelore (doesn't have trophies), Civilization: Revolution (doesn't have trophies, plus the MP servers closed down years ago) and Mass Effect 2 are all worth playing  :)

Folkelore is an interesting on,ever heard of it. Have to buy one eventually! The rest I have it all and yet to platinum lol

On 8/15/2022 at 9:54 PM, woggly4 said:

Most of my PS3 games I platinumed contain online trophies, some of them I really enjoyed but they don't fit your requirement. However, Mafia 2 (especially PS3's version and not the remastered version on PS4) is still one of the most enjoyable PS3 platinums I've received.

You already have the game in your list with only a few trophies left so I would suggest to actually replay it while getting the remainder of trophies instead of just wrapping up. It's such a great game. If you plan to 100% it you'll be in for quite the grind with the first DLC though.

Yea I actually retried to platinum a few years after playing it the 1st time (started playing something else at the same time and forgot about it). I have platinumed the remake of the 1st and wanted to do it for the 2nd as well but so many games to play and backtrack...

On 8/15/2022 at 10:09 PM, shipper321 said:

WH40K Space Marine

Portal 2

Yakuza 3,4,5

All the CoDs

Sniper Elite 2/3

Space Marines I actually played on pc 1 week before the 2nd was announced and I'm hyped lmao. Need to buy the ps3 version to play it a few days before the 2nd actually releases.

Orange box and Portal played all of them on PC as well. (Might get them either way)

The rest you mentioned I have all of them to backtrack sooner or later.

On 8/15/2022 at 10:20 PM, da-Noob123 said:

Dragon Age series 

The only one you mentioned that I need to buy is the MGS HD collection. Killzone is one of my favorite FPS franchises ever. and I still have to play all Mass Effects and Dragon Ages.

Solid picks.

On 8/15/2022 at 10:20 PM, nrs1nrs1 said:

Looking at your list, I would recommend:

Dead Space

Dead Space 2 (Hard Core can be very difficult but is supremely rewarding - its maybe my favorite platinum I've ever done)

MGS4 (I did this one recently and as long as you're comfortable reloading your saves a lot, it truly is not as hard as some make it out to be!)

Prototype 2

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

ICO (I'm currently doing this one, it can be a little painful but its quite short and is impressive!)

God of War 1 and 2

Silent Hill 3 (Silent Hill 2 as well if you're feeling adventurous and want a pretty rare and difficult platinum)

Saint's Row The Third

Assassin's Creed 2

inFamous

Sleeping Dogs

Alice: Madness Returns

Non-Plats:

Beyond Good and Evil HD

ICO is actually the only game you mentioned that I never played or seen anything from it.

On 8/15/2022 at 10:27 PM, based_gigachad said:

If you get a copy of driver San Francisco quick enough you can do the multiplayer before it shuts off next month! Good fun game to plat if you like driving games 

unfortunately I'll be to late. did this with Mad Max and it was kind of a pain doing it "against the clock". might get it either way even owning it on PC later.

On 8/16/2022 at 7:42 PM, Rozalia1 said:

I don't think it'd be right to suggest anything that can also be found on the PS4. With that in mind I'd suggest Lost Dimension.

One more ATLUS game for the list! Also waiting for Persona 3 FES and 4 Golden for the PS4

On 8/16/2022 at 8:02 PM, ResiGamer_28 said:

Terminator Salvation. Good game and a 6 hour plat. Just finish the game on hard mode 

Space marine is impossible if outside NA region without buying a complete digital edition from the NA store.

Salvation was the first platinum I did like 2 years ago when I setup my ps3 once again. Why is it impossible? No servers in EU?

On 8/16/2022 at 8:56 PM, Rebourne07 said:

Fallout 3 and New Vegas 

Dead Space 1-3

Final Fantasy XIII Trilogy 

All on the list, just need to buy Lightning Returns to have all 3.

New Vegas top 5 games for me.

On 8/16/2022 at 9:03 PM, miminator20 said:

Prince of persia trillogy and 2008 ver

Aliens vs predator

Grand theft auto 4 complete edition

Dustforce (it doesn't have a platinum but still it is a good game) 

Red dead redemption

The darkness 2

Mirror's edge

Metal gear solid HD collection

I have gta 4 and had a blast on it but never bought the dlc on the ps3. I do have them on pc and for the plat without servers or even players will be harsh unless there's still people boosting.

Dustforce I think I saw it on steam once and the rest besides MGS HD I own it.

On 8/16/2022 at 9:31 PM, DrBloodmoney said:

3D Dot Game Heroes

Syndicate

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West

Little Big Planet 2

Portal 2

Braid

Quantum Conundrum 

Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time

Syndicate now that's a game I wanted back then and I slowly forgot it existed. I need to get it! Quantum Conundrum wasn't offered in ps plus? the name and cover is familiar,

On 8/16/2022 at 9:57 PM, cy1999aek_maik said:

PSA you can get the GoW Ascension online trophy without an online pass if you play the game through ps plus premium on a ps4/5

thanks for the heads up, it is the only gow I never played because my PS3 had only 80gb and you needed like 100 or more of storage to download it. soon ish to be played.

On 8/16/2022 at 9:59 PM, Lava_Yuki said:

For there were all JRPGs. 

FFXIII

FFXIII-2

Lightning Returns

Tales of Vesperia

Tales of Graces

Tales of Xillia and Xillia 2

Tales of Zestiria

Other good games I played that are also on PS3 are the Steins gate games, Atelier Sophie and FFX and X-2.

None of these have online trophies 

My first Tales is Arise and still on it, actually loving it.

Also played like half of all FF games, Personas etc.. in my boredom days I usually play JRPGs because they have light gameplay while using your brain a bit more.

Been playing Octopath Traveler when I'm bored of other games.

Do you mind messaging me more JRPGs here on psnprofiles? I know some franchises/sagas but not as many as I would like. and googling them only shows the popular ones, I want some gems.

On 8/16/2022 at 10:00 PM, EqualityEarth said:

1f440.png You got elgato to work on PS3? Please do tell how 1f64f.png I very much want to make a video series for the PS3 version of Sanctum 2.

Platinum Recommendations (trying to avoid previous mentions and any also on ps4)

Shadow of the Colossus (has a ps4 remake but I think the ps3 version is said to be more challenging)

Doctor Who The Eternity Clock

El Shaddai Ascension of the Metatron (1 “score upload” online trophy after first playthrough)

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

Katamari Forever (1 scoreboard viewing online trophy, some 2 controllers)

Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom

NeverDead (some online MP trophies fyi)

No More Heroes

All Oddworld 1f44c.png

All Prince of Persia except maybe Forgotten Sands
Remember Me

Resogun (no online/dlc on ps3 version)

SSX (online heavy, need EA account)
Zombie Tycoon 2 (some online, can use a ps3 and a vita)

I’m a little iffy about recommending Portal 2 if you’re looking to get the platinum as it’s been said to not work anymore for those 2 online trophies. However I don’t know the current situation for sure as when I finally got the trophies, the forum here was saying only PS3-PS3 works but I got them by PC-PS3. Steam page also already had this blue box or something saying PS3 Portal 2 is no longer supported but I had zero plans on giving up.

these are some good options. all options until no more heroes are great new adds (except colossus which I own both ps3 and ps4 versions). SSX was great in PS2, I don't remember the ps3 version well.

On 8/16/2022 at 10:04 PM, Malinoiss said:

the ones i did or still on my list are :

All god of war games - completed

all Splinter Cell games except the last one with online trophies

Alice Madness Returns

Prince Of Persia Games

GTA IV - completed

and all classics like jak and daxter , sly cooper , ratchet and clank

Alice is the one left to buy. the copies are kinda expensive in here ngl. Not Rule of Rose or Kuon level of expensive but around 40 euros if I'm not mistaken.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, S1nhwaui said:

Yea I actually retried to platinum a few years after playing it the 1st time (started playing something else at the same time and forgot about it). I have platinumed the remake of the 1st and wanted to do it for the 2nd as well but so many games to play and backtrack...

The remaster of 2 is okay-ish if you know the PS3 release, otherwise it just sucks. 1's remake is awesome, yes, no doubt. But 2 on PS3 is still superior to its remaster on PS4 because the latter introduced bugs of the PC version. So if you're bored please try the original version, you won't be disappointed (if you remember it as a good game).

The OG Demon's souls on PS3 is great. Plus you can dupe Items and souls for an easier time getting the trophies.
There is Linger in the shadows which is a tech demo from 2008ish its like very short and is a 100% non platinum

The walking dead seasons 1 and 2 are on the Ps3, really well beloved telltale games.
I recommend against buying the Bethesda games that a couple people already mentioned as that they are really buggy on the ps3 system (Skyrim, Fallout 3 and New Vegas).

Beyond 2 souls is a really good and easy plat

On 8/16/2022 at 2:00 PM, EqualityEarth said:

1f440.png You got elgato to work on PS3? Please do tell how 1f64f.png I very much want to make a video series for the PS3 version of Sanctum 2.

I’m a little iffy about recommending Portal 2 if you’re looking to get the platinum as it’s been said to not work anymore for those 2 online trophies.

Yea Portal 2 you can't get Steam to sign in on the PS3, so getting into online mode isn't working anymore. Rip those 2 trophies.

For PS3 and Elgato / any HDMI capture cards - PS3 always outputs HDCP which locks out capture card usage. But... many HDMI Splitters or Matrixes out there accept HDCP on their inputs but don't output HDCP. This is how I record on PS3 still to this day