Trophy thoughts

Tristan1427

11 hours ago, Anke said:

Interestingly there isn't a reward available to claim for the trophy Miner "Claim the reward for the "Mine 1,800 times" task".

There's one for mining gems but that doesn't appear to go up to 1,800. Perhaps this one is unachievable at the moment?

You’re right. :)

I play my game in german and the trophy description says that I have to mine 1.800 rubins/gems. Don’t know the correct english word for them but if you mine the black rocks on walls you sometimes get rubins/gems and collect a total of 1.800 of them is the ingame challenge. But if there are no reward going that high, it‘s unachievable for now.

Edited by Dini_at_home_400

9 hours ago, Anke said:

Interestingly there isn't a reward available to claim for the trophy Miner "Claim the reward for the "Mine 1,800 times" task".

There's one for mining gems but that doesn't appear to go up to 1,800. Perhaps this one is unachievable at the moment?

Are all of them tied to in-game tasks? I know Goofy Stalls, Biomes, Upgrade Home, and Photos are. Is there a task that tracks the total fish and meals cooked? 

37 minutes ago, PortaLuna said:

Are all of them tied to in-game tasks? I know Goofy Stalls, Biomes, Upgrade Home, and Photos are. Is there a task that tracks the total fish and meals cooked? 

Yeah all the trophies are tied to challenges which they have in the game so you can easily see progress, but yeah as the above comments have made there doesn't seem to be one for mine 1,800 times

43 minutes ago, SamNickzx said:

Yeah all the trophies are tied to challenges which they have in the game so you can easily see progress, but yeah as the above comments have made there doesn't seem to be one for mine 1,800 times

Do you have the challenge for mining rubins/gems? Don‘t know the correct english word for them but if you mine the black rocks on walls you sometimes get rubins and collect a total of 1.800 of them is the ingame challenge and the trophy description in german says to do this and not to mine 1.800. But I don‘t know if the ingame challenge goes that high. :)

1 hour ago, Dini_at_home_400 said:

Do you have the challenge for mining rubins/gems? Don‘t know the correct english word for them but if you mine the black rocks on walls you sometimes get rubins and collect a total of 1.800 of them is the ingame challenge and the trophy description in german says to do this and not to mine 1.800. But I don‘t know if the ingame challenge goes that high. :)

We have a generic challenge which is 'Mine Minerals' which is like you said the gems that come out when mining, but it doesn't match with the English trophy description. Maybe the trophy wording for the English list is wrong then!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SamNickzx said:

We have a generic challenge which is 'Mine Minerals' which is like you said the gems that come out when mining, but it doesn't match with the English trophy description. Maybe the trophy wording for the English list is wrong then!

I think so too cause the german description of that trophy is exactly like the challenge  ‚Mine Minerals‘. :)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dini_at_home_400 said:

Well I stand corrected, it does appear that the Mine Minerals does indeed go up to 1,800. I didn't think it would jump from 800 to 1,800 in one segment. 

It looks like Dini_at_home_400 is right and indeed it is that unbelievable grind of 1,800 gems/minerals and not just mining the blocks. I can only presume it's a typo and should read items rather than times.

MVWOQJw.jpg

Edited by Anke
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Caesar Clown said:

So did anyone else get the "Take 180 Pictures" trophy at 50 Pictures? And yes, I'm definitely playing the PS5 version.

Yes on one the description says 50 and on the other it says 180. Based on how grindy everything is, I'm surprised it's not 500 or 5,000! It's a nice surprise that it unlocked at 50.

6 hours ago, PortaLuna said:

1800 minerals are quite the grind but okay with it. The 1000 daily conversations is probably going to be the last one for most players. I think 17 characters, so roughly 9 weeks? 

dont't forget the remove 3000 nightthorns, only 10 respawn everyday according to the devs. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Anke said:

Wow, so a year really then. Unless there's large batches in newly added biomes.

i doubt new biomes will be added soon, only realms for now and sadly no nighthorns in those

i think i'm around 750 now so still a lot to go, the daily talks are more doable then this

also the renovator trophy for building player houses is currently unobtainable, not enough characters yet

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mika8276 said:

i doubt new biomes will be added soon, only realms for now and sadly no nighthorns in those

i think i'm around 750 now so still a lot to go, the daily talks are more doable then this

also the renovator trophy for building player houses is currently unobtainable, not enough characters yet

Ahh yes, realms are the additions, of course. My mistake. 

I don't know why I'm panicking and mining and fishing so much these past few days when I've got such a long grind ahead with the other elements.

These devs have really hit the sweet spot to get you to log in as much as possible.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Anke said:

Ahh yes, realms are the additions, of course. My mistake. 

I don't know why I'm panicking and mining and fishing so much these past few days when I've got such a long grind ahead with the other elements.

These devs have really hit the sweet spot to get you to log in as much as possible.

I was the same first two days, going around and grinding, and then it hit me like a brick wall t o just chill and wait for more content. Those numbers seem absurd, but I guess even with dropping out of the game and coming back to it when DLC drops it will be doable, clearly they wan people to play long term. 

On the other hand, anyone else has Elsa bugged? I am stuck at quest when it says to follow Elsa to ice cavern, I go in with her but she does nothing, just idly stands there and sometimes tries to walk out/walks into the wall. I emailed Gameloft support and they replied the fix will come in future patch, which knowing Playstation patch approval time is like 2 weeks away minimum. Just wondered if anyone else here has the same issue

• Like 1

Same story here, I really enjoyed the early grind and was loving the game until it hit me like a brick wall. Some tasks will lose all enjoyment by the time they are achieved. I usually don’t mind a grind if it feels natural, not forced. The missions were enjoyable but now I need some variety. I don’t want to collect 5 things then talk to someone then collect 15 things then craft and go talk to someone else then pick up a book before searching for hardwood. Maybe I’m burnt out but they need to change it up! I have a number of glitches, can’t free Ursula from the cave, can’t access mother gothel at all, can’t progress Eric mission, a chest disappeared and I lost over 300 gems and all my shards, Ariel is stuck in some rocks by the sea… Also can they nerf Donald’s rage? Looking forward to updates and content but taking a break for now. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, carrey23 said:

No one has an anwer.

Can someone confirm Autopop for trophies for both systems ?

I don't think it does, I have a friend who is playing on PS4 and PS5 at same time and just before collecting the reward that pops the trophy he's saving and swapping systems to make sure it pops on both. I presume from this method he's using that there is no autopop.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, trampgav said:

Ariel is stuck in some rocks by the sea… Also can they nerf Donald’s rage?

Yes.. Ariel is particularly annoying.. She either gets stuck in rocks, or she sits in an area that cannot be reached (edge of the map). And Donald... He trips over thin air then it's tantrum time, and then again, and again.

I don't mind the repetitive tasks, but I've been playing Animal Crossing New Horizons for more than 2 years now, every day. I don't even know why anymore, I just do it out of habit. Some of the quests have made me take a break, the one from Elsa where you need to fish when it's raining in particular annoyed me because it chose not to rain for an entire day.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Anke said:

I don't think it does, I have a friend who is playing on PS4 and PS5 at same time and just before collecting the reward that pops the trophy he's saving and swapping systems to make sure it pops on both. I presume from this method he's using that there is no autopop.

Weird, but what happens when i unlock some Trophies on Ps4 and then play on the PS5 later. 

1 hour ago, carrey23 said:

Weird, but what happens when i unlock some Trophies on Ps4 and then play on the PS5 later. 

With the same save? If you have a save before claiming a reward which unlocks a trophy, you can get the trophy on both systems. If you use a save where some rewards are actually claimed, no trophys for the claimed one. :)