Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty DLC (September 26, 2023)

ziggypossum

On 9/24/2023 at 3:36 PM, Fr_0zt said:

2.0 is good so far aside from one thing.  They ruined combat/ builds, specially Netrunning.

I'm getting used to it now and improving but it's nowhere near as fun as before.

Looking forward to the expansion tho.

I'm assuming that by "ruined" you mean "nerfed". If so, I'm surprised netrunning wasn't nerfed sooner. At a certain point after you get the legendary hacks you just end up running around head-popping everyone. I'm sure somebody is going to put together a great build using the new skill trees eventually. 

As a side note, I'm not convinced by this hyperbolic games media tagline that Cyberpunk is, "now the game it should have been!" because "the game it should have been" disappeared the moment CDPR decided to release Cyberpunk 3 years earlier than it was ready for. I believe that it's probably a more polished version of the 2020 release but that version, while enjoyable, still falls well short of expectations from a content and feature standpoint. The notion that all of Cyberpunk's problems can be boiled down to its technical defects (of which I experienced very little) is revisionist at best and cope at worst. I also think some fans are so in love with the anime that it has enriched their experience with the game and, while I'm happy for those who fall under this bracket, it really shouldn't take an entirely different entertainment medium to do that. Anyway, glad CDPR is done with it so that all the devs' efforts can now be focused on the next Witcher game.

Edited by Vault-TecPhantom
typo
  • Like 1

Interestingly, the dlc trophy description🏆the tower is translated into something completely different in local language. It’s “complete [mission name]”, instead of “survival night city” in English version.

The mission name is something like “everlasting,” “eternity,” “undying,” or “never-ending life.” I don’t have access to the dlc content so can only guess

It never happened to other trophy list. Sometimes it would just be a typo by the translator or being left untranslated. I have never seen a trophy description be completely different from the original.

Edited by archangeltw_

4 hours ago, archangeltw_ said:

The mission name is something like “everlasting,” “eternity,” “undying,” or “never-ending life.” I don’t have access to the dlc content so can only guess

As in the main game, the mission names are again the titles of songs.

The mission that needs to be done for "The Tower" trophy is called

Spoiler

"Who want's to live forever" (Queen) and is linked to the new ending the expansion brings into the game.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sephiroth4424 said:

I can't seem to start the dlc. When i press options in game i get the message ''Phantom Liberty Downloaded, Please return to main menu to access new content''.

Anyone have this issue? I waited 20 minutes for a call from Songbird, my save is just before the final mission

Any update? I was having issues at first but you get a call from songbird after a while once you’ve loaded a save.

3 hours ago, Apocasy said:

Any update? I was having issues at first but you get a call from songbird after a while once you’ve loaded a save.

I’m stuck with the same message about returning to main menu. But I haven’t been able to get the phone call to come in. All o got left is the last mission.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/19/2023 at 2:06 PM, Eraezr said:

How does Phantom Liberty compare to the storytelling experience of Blood and Wine & Heart of Stone ?

I'd say it's good and the ending is great (depending on what you choose). The final confrontation in one of the paths is full of tension, and I had to pause the game just to think about it (it was my canon playthrough so I had to get it right haha). I was happy with my decision. The new “ending ending” sucks though, and is depressing to the point of being absurd and eye-roll worthy. Not to mention that you have to do it for the trophy so it was completely out of character for my V. 

Overall, I'd say Phantom Liberty is better than Heart of Stone but not as good as Blood of Wine in terms of quality. Make of that what you will.

It’s worth mentioning that, unlike Blood and Wine, which feels right to play once you've had a long, long break from the main game, Phantom Liberty is best tackled during the main quest line, but ideally after any romance arcs have been tied up (you'll see why). In other words, unless all you care about is trophies, I would strongly advise starting the entire game from scratch if your last playthrough was before patch 2.0. The menu tip even recommends this and I think it’s good advice. 

The entire progression system has been overhauled for the better (although I'll always have a soft spot for patch 1.5 and all the cheeky in-game exploits that came with it hehe). Many things prior to 2.0 are either obsolete or just don't work. I think coming in after a long break and just picking up where you left off might feel awkward, and you won’t have as much of an emotional connection to the world. 

Also, circling back to what was mentioned by another poster about “netrunning being ruined” Yeah, hard disagree. Netrunning is probably more OP than ever with the Overclock perk, so much so that the devs had to balance it by making your combat quickhacks traceable by the enemy...but even this can be circumvented by spamming an upgraded memory ripe and another combat quickhack....

A shame that the devs have somehow managed to break the game even more though…  I'm one of the lucky people who didn't really experience that many bugs in the OG version of Cyberpunk, at least nothing that couldn't be fixed with a simple reload but wow, patch 2.02 is a mess. Firstly, the "Relic Ruler" trophy is bugged in a good way - popped after acquiring my first perk in the relic tree. The other bugs are not good at all… a common one I kept running into was the stealth/combat music playing even though the sequence had finished. Reloads do not fix this; you kind of just have to wait it out. I had to turn off the in-game music temporarily because it was so distracting. 

There was also another annoying bug where the side mission "Addicted to Chaos " kept auto completing every time I went in a certain area.  I don't think “Addicted to Chaos” affects the "all gigs" trophy as it's technically a side quest that appears as a result of a gig (not the gig, itself), but thought this workaround would be worth including just in case:

Spoiler

Make sure you do all gigs you can (without accidentally triggering “Addicted to Chaos”) before meeting Mr Hands in “Get it Together”. 

Right after you finish your convo with Mr Hands leave the club and new gigs will be available including, "The Man who Killed Jason Foreman"

Start "The Man who Killed Jason Foreman". If you spare Leon during this gig he'll tell you about the stash. At this point he is supposed to text you the code but he never sends the text until long after the mission is complete… (even though the quest objective puts the code on screen).

If you go to the stash, the quest will auto complete and then activate AGAIN for some reason. The code won't work because at this point the game is bugged and the text still hasn’t been sent. Only way around this is to deactivate the keypad with the remote hack.  Mission complete (for real this time).

Haven't tested if you can get the stash with remote deactivation before even starting this quest or killing Leon but, even if you can, I wouldn't risk it just in case it breaks the gig somehow.

Many other bugs too but I'd be here forever. Point is, watch out and save often.