Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty DLC (September 26, 2023)

ziggypossum

Get ready for Phantom Liberty — a spy-thriller expansion for Cyberpunk 2077 set in an all new district of Night City.

Coming in 2023 to PC, PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, and Stadia.

Edited by ziggypossum
Release Date - 26/09/2023
  • Like 3

47 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

Not surprised that they dropped last-gen support, but that means I'll have to play through the PS5 version if I want to play this now. At least they had Jonny's voice in the trailer, I heard rumors he wouldn't play a big role, which would be a pretty big missed opportunity.

Wait, this doesn't have an autopop from PS4 to PS5?

Shit, I really liked cyberpunk but I'm not replaying the whole game. I would have been happy to jump into the DLC too....

Yep, pretty happy they dropped last gen support, it was really holding them back. Seems like same situation like Dragon Age Inquisition, it released both on PS3 and PS4 but later DLC was dropped off PS3. 

I am pretty hyped for it, always looking for more Cyberpunk, hopefully it will be substantial expansion

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, BENJAM1N_LINUS said:

Wait, this doesn't have an autopop from PS4 to PS5?

Shit, I really liked cyberpunk but I'm not replaying the whole game. I would have been happy to jump into the DLC too....

There's no auto pop, but I think you can still transfer your save file. I'll probably just replay the game closer to the DLC launch so it's all fresh in my head.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

There's no auto pop, but I think you can still transfer your save file. I'll probably just replay the game closer to the DLC launch so it's all fresh in my head.

The newest patch thats coming this week, or already released?, supposedly has cross save progress support.  Maybe that changed something?

This is cool and all, but I have such a hard time going back to games I finished so long before hand. Your muscle memory is gone, you can't half remember the story or your choices, you have to relearn the rules. So enjoying the DLC isn't that simple because you have to spend however long relearning mechanics the DLC expects you to know. 

On 9/12/2022 at 0:04 AM, boorish_brute said:
Is it worth jumping in now or wait for the reworked police system and vehicle-to-vehicle combat?

I don't even know what the full scope of the police system covers. I only got in trouble with the law due to some misplaced shots due to NPCs loading in during a shootout (playing on PS4). There also only a handful of vehicle-to-vehicle combat parts in the game. I doubt changes to either of these will be noticeable.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...