Clean-ish Hands Bugged?

UNDERDOG90

I was really struggling with this trophy yesterday. I didn't get it after many attempts, even though I'm pretty sure I didn't kill any Eternalist. Many conflicting informations online.

Here is how I easily got it in my first try today.

You should temporarily change some accessibility options to make it easy.

Under Options -> Gameplay :

- Number of Reprises : Infinite (can only be changed in the Main menu)... but I didn't really need it

- Hacking Mode : Toggle (not really important)

- One Shot Kill : Yes (important)

- Loop Stress : Minimum (this was my first run trying it, so that might be the most important)

- Tag Multiple Enemies : On

I used Single Player Mode.

As for the Loadout :

- Character trinket : Creeping Death (this was also my first run trying it, could also be important)

- Other characters trinkets : Spring Healed, Never Say Die, Juiced Up

- Slabs : Shift (Airborne + Reach) + Aether (Flicker + Ghost)

- Weapon : Tribunal with the Suppressor (Straight Shooter, Lightning Strike and Bang On)

Karl's Bay (Morning) :

Took the door on the right / downstairs and ran through the right side of the map to put the code for the fireworks. With Loop Stress Minimum and Creeping Death, this was ridiculously easier than before.

Then I turned around and with Shift, I moved on top of the big Garage, broke a window on top to get in.

I sneaked in to kill Harriet (after opening the door behind her), then ran to the exit. I did see a bomb guy when running out, not sure if he had time to explode.

Julianna didn't have time to invade.

The Complex (Noon) :

Ran to grab the nullifier, then I used Aether to do the rest. With Loop Stress Minimum and Creeping Death, this was ridiculously easier than before.

The hacked turrets probably didn't kill anyone, but I can't be sure.

Fristad Rock (Afternoon) :

Pretty easy as usual. Ran and shot them both (One Shot Kill). Even easier with Loop Stress Minimum and Creeping Death.

Updaam (Evening) :

Used Aether to get past the first 3 Eternalists, then went through the Candy Store and used the left side of the map to get to the party house.

Got on top of the House, used Aether (with Flicker) and the Tribunal (with Suppressor + One Shot Kill) to kill Egor and Wenjie.

Then I moved down, saw Aleksis grabbing some chocolate beer and shot him.

After that I ran back to the Candy store, then ran to the RAK.

Julianna invaded, but I didn't bother with her.

Ending :

Killed Juliana and jumped down. Trophy popped right after jumping.

I didn't pick up anything during this run.

I died at least once, but I didn't quit the game to restart a level.

In the end, I'm pretty sure I got it because of Loop Stress Minimum and Creeping Death. It made the run a lot easier and quick.

Hope this helps someone else.

Edited by Metronite
Added more details

Finally got this one myself after 5+ runs, not sure if it made a difference but in Harriet's hangar I pressed the button to make sure the guy wasn't lowered into the gas and I turned the gas switch next to me, I wasn't quiet at all about doing this as the entire hangar was alerted. Really the biggest difference I think was killing Julianna when she invaded in Updaam at night, she invaded in an earlier map and I ignored her so I think it only matters in Updaam since that's scripted to be an invasion every time I think. Of course killed her and jumped at the end, played with infinite respawns and 1 shot kill on single player mode, hope this helps. 

On 16/10/2022 at 2:35 PM, Metronite said:

I was really struggling with this trophy yesterday. I didn't get it after many attempts, even though I'm pretty sure I didn't kill any Eternalist. Many conflicting informations online.

Here is how I easily got it in my first try today.

You should temporarily change some accessibility options to make it easy.

Under Options -> Gameplay :

- Number of Reprises : Infinite (can only be changed in the Main menu)... but I didn't really need it

- Hacking Mode : Toggle (not really important)

- One Shot Kill : Yes (important)

- Loop Stress : Minimum (this was my first run trying it, so that might be the most important)

- Tag Multiple Enemies : On

I used Single Player Mode.

As for the Loadout :

- Character trinket : Creeping Death (this was also my first run trying it, could also be important)

- Other characters trinkets : Spring Healed, Never Say Die, Juiced Up

- Slabs : Shift (Airborne + Reach) + Aether (Flicker + Ghost)

- Weapon : Tribunal with the Suppressor (Straight Shooter, Lightning Strike and Bang On)

Karl's Bay (Morning) :

Took the door on the right / downstairs and ran through the right side of the map to put the code for the fireworks. With Loop Stress Minimum and Creeping Death, this was ridiculously easier than before.

Then I turned around and with Shift, I moved on top of the big Garage, broke a window on top to get in.

I sneaked in to kill Harriet (after opening the door behind her), then ran to the exit. I did see a bomb guy when running out, not sure if he had time to explode.

Julianna didn't have time to invade.

The Complex (Noon) :

Ran to grab the nullifier, then I used Aether to do the rest. With Loop Stress Minimum and Creeping Death, this was ridiculously easier than before.

The hacked turrets probably didn't kill anyone, but I can't be sure.

Fristad Rock (Afternoon) :

Pretty easy as usual. Ran and shot them both (One Shot Kill). Even easier with Loop Stress Minimum and Creeping Death.

Updaam (Evening) :

Used Aether to get past the first 3 Eternalists, then went through the Candy Store and used the left side of the map to get to the party house.

Got on top of the House, used Aether (with Flicker) and the Tribunal (with Suppressor + One Shot Kill) to kill Egor and Wenjie.

Then I moved down, saw Aleksis grabbing some chocolate beer and shot him.

After that I ran back to the Candy store, then ran to the RAK.

Julianna invaded, but I didn't bother with her.

Ending :

Killed Juliana and jumped down. Trophy popped right after jumping.

I didn't pick up anything during this run.

I died at least once, but I didn't quit the game to restart a level.

In the end, I'm pretty sure I got it because of Loop Stress Minimum and Creeping Death. It made the run a lot easier and quick.

Hope this helps someone else.

I've been doing that for more than 7 loop now. Same trinkets, same loadout, almost same strategy. Sometimes Julianna invaded in the morning, sometimes in the evening. I either killed her, or ignored her, and never got the trophy. I even completed a full run without getting spotted (red icons), and the trophy still haven't popped... Only difference is the loop difficulty, I just did a run with the lopp stress at minimal, and still nothing. I've only been playing in Single player too. I also tried a run with collecting every residuum once. The only thing i havent tried is saving the guy on the crane in the morning  while killing harriet, but it doesnt seem to be affecting the trophy...

Edit: I speedran with one shot kill, ignored the paint bomb eternalist, ignored the one in the crane in the morning, infinite loop, one shot kill. Only thing i did different was, in the evening, killed alexis with the grinder, and when julianna invaded, i hacked the antenna, killed julianna in updaam, then left for the ship. Killed julianna again, jumped out, and somehow got the trophy.

Edited by cxool123

I felt like mine was bugged too but for some odd reason when Juliana invaded me when I was about to finish the mission it didn’t unlock and I was in single player only so what worked for me was just playing each loop killing the visionaries and in that loop she didn’t invade me and when I shot her and ended the loop it popped. The trophy is finicky so if Juliana invades your game at the end kill her then go into the ship to finish her off think that’s the issue and that’s why on the new loop I had no issues.

Edited by CouponKarl93

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just got it at my first try!

I stealth-killed Harriet (Morning)

I didn't loot any residium

I stealth-killed Fia and Charlie

I alerted enemies at noon and night

I didn't killed the invading Julianna 

I killed Wenjie, Egor and Aleksis with the sniper

Killed Julianna at the final scene and jumped off the platform

Hope it helps ??

Holy crap are there really no known fixes for this? I’ve tried this over 10 times now and still nothing. I’ve played stealthily, I’ve runned and gunned, I’ve tried different routes, I’ve killed the visionaries using different weapons and in different orders. Nothing works.

Edit: Finally got it on my 14th attempt. One of the most frustrating platinums I’ve gotten in recent years thanks to the insanely buggy trophies. No idea what I did on my 14th run that was different enough to finally warrant popping the trophy. Just keep trying until you get lucky I guess.

Edited by NathanielJohn

After 4 or 5 tries, and reading this entire thread and some other threads about this trophy I finally managed to get it. I tried it with and without getting Wenjie & Egor residium, with and without having paint bombs blow up, and with and without saving Amador, none of which changed the outcome. The only thing that I only had to do only once for the trophy to unlock, was to kill invading Julliana. I had runs where I just hacked the antenna and escaped to the aircraft without killing her and runs where she didn't invade at all, but on my last run, she appeared on Karl's Bay and I killed her, the trophy popped after I jumped off the platform. In the run where I unlocked the trophy, I died a couple of times and even had a paint bomber blow up, and I did not save Amador. I used one-shot kill and minimum loop stress, but not infinite reprises (set it on 4). Also, I can't comment on quitting/backing up since I did it in one go (I had runs where I tried backing up saves and didn't get the trophy, so that may or may not have been a factor).

All I can say that in my experience, it seems that at least as of this update (version 1.404 on PS5), you have to kill invading Julliana for this to work and everything else doesn't matter.

EDIT: since other people have mentioned having to get residium from visionaries, I have to mention that on my last run, I also did get the residium from Charlie, Fia, Egor, Wenjie, and Julliana, but not Aleksis and Harriet, so I can't guarantee that it has not been a issue, there might be several factors at work.

Edited by khoshrooahmad

• 2 weeks later...

I just did what felt like a perfect run (on my first time beating the game) and it didn't unlock.

Going through this thread and comparing what people had to say, it seems as though my issue was that when Julianna invaded at the end I neither killed her nor hacked the antenna - I just hauled ass to the rocket since the antenna does not block that path. You might need to do either one or the other so that it counts as neutralizing the Visionary.

I'll give this one more serious try taking this into consideration and see if it pops. If it doesn't, I'll activate the cheats and keep trying things out, even though I really don't want to.

On the topic of Julianna invasions, though: does anyone know if this trophy can be obtained while on 'Friends Only' instead of 'Single Player', to prevent her from showing up? Anyone who's gotten the trophy with that enabled? It would be reaaally helpful.

Edited by Umdytr
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

It took me 3 tries to get this trophy, and attempt 2 and 3 were almost identical.

Attempt 1 was my first attempt, without accessibility features. Obviously it didn't work. Julianna spawned in Updaam and I didn't kill her, I went straight to the rocket.

For attempts 2 and 3:

- Turned on one-hit kills and minimum loop stress

- Basically sprinted from A to B, completely ignoring everyone without caring about stealth (except in Dorsey Manor, so Alexis stays in the main hall)

- One-hit killed most Visionaries with a silenced pistol bodyshot

- Didn't collect any Residuum

- Didn't try to "save" the paintbomb Eternalists

- Didn't quit and re-enter the game

- Killed Julianna and jumped off the platform at the end

The only difference is in attempt 2, Julianna never spawned to stop me. In attempt 3 she did in Updaam, so I killed her and unlocked the tunnels before getting in the rocket. I'm 90% sure it's Julianna that matters. If she hasn't spawned in Updaam, wait for her, it might save it for you.

Hope this helps somebody, it was very frustrating the first 2 times.

• 5 weeks later...
On 9/26/2022 at 4:57 PM, UNDERDOG90 said:

I have done the entire loop at least 4 times without killing any eternalist (didn't even shoot any of them) and all visionaries and broke the loop, but didn't get the trophy. Did it happen to anyone else? has anyone figured a way around?

Edit: Finally got it!!!

For anyone having trouble: 

After some searching I found a old redit post where in the party(Updaam - Evening) the post author had to collect the residium from egor in order to earn the trophy. I collected the residium from both egor and wenji (didn't kill any invading Julianas) and went to the RAK-killed Juliana with the pistol on the platform and jumped off the platform and finally got it

Created an account exclusively to answer and thank this post. Picking the Residium finally did the trick!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

This trophy is still buggy. It popped on my 5th run. My previous runs were similar but for the last run I kept the same load out throughout the loop as I'd been switching to Nexus to kill Fia and Charlie. For Karl’s Bay I first set the fireworks. I stopped the crane being lowered to kill the Eternalist before killing Harriet. For Updaam I killed Egor and Wenjie first then shot Aleksis from the balcony instead of using the meat grinder as on previous runs. Julianna also invaded, which she hadn't on any of my other runs. l escaped to the rocket without killing her. For the ending, I let it play out in full before shooting Julianna. It may/may not make a difference the order or method in which the visionaries are killed but not changing the load out or Julianna invading may be the difference. Also for what it's worth I switched to one shot kills. I hope this helps anyone still having trouble with this trophy. Good luck!

Edited by loui73

• 1 month later...

I think I figured out the trick to get this to pop.  You have to do it all in one go, without exiting to the main menu if you screw up or to back up your save.  I just got the trophy doing that and even though I didn't personally kill any eternalists some did die.

Particlularly one of the paint eternalists blew himself up while I was going for Harriet and I'm also not sure if I even killed her before she started lowering the guy on the hook or not.  I blew through there really fast and went out the back door near her.

I also did not kill Julianna when she invaded during that same level.  I just shifted over to the radar and hacked it then shifted like crazy to get to the door.  The other three levels I did 100% stealthily and it popped when I woke up on the beach after throwing myself off the platform at the end.  Just got to kill myself in all the different ways and I'll have platinum.

Edited by Snake2410

• 1 month later...

It took me 4 tries to get this BS trophy 

Do NOT leave the mission and do not close the game ! 

Also you should farm residuum from egor and wenjie ( i do the same for charlie and fia too ! ) i think this is important for trophy i farm residuum from some characters and i get the trophy 

Note : if you died make sure to take back your residuum  ( from your corpse or whatever it is ) 

You don't need to kill julianna when she attacks you and missions

Hmu if you need more help im very happy to help everyone.

• 1 month later...

I got this on my third try just now, figured I would add my thoughts in case someone else is stuck. I am suspicious that doing it all in one go (without resetting) is what made the trophy pop for me. My first two times were scuffed & I reset at least one of the chapters. But by the third time, I was getting more polished and I was able to do it relatively cleanly. I did not absorb any residuum from the visionaries. I did not spawn Julianna at any point during Morning-Evening because I played in "Friends Only" mode. I killed her at the very end in the finale cut scene, and then I jumped off myself, and then the trophy popped. I did not use any cheats like one hit kills.

For individual tips, I accessed the Dorsey manor via the rooftop, so I found it best to kill Wenjie/Egor first before going inside to kill Alegsis last. Actually he didn't even walk on-stage for me over the meat grinder; I had to shoot him from the ceiling. He's easy to spot because if you "tag" his character, it will say that He uses people. I killed all three of them at the party with the silenced Tribunal (while cloaked, using Aether with Flicker & Ghost upgrades). I used mostly Aether/Shift for loadout, but I switched to Nexus for the Love Birds in the afternoon. IDK what the best strat is for Egor's device at noon, but I found the exact spot on the ground (in a practice run) where I could drop the nullifier, and its field would reveal the device but NOT affect me standing there using it. I also recommend a character trinket that increases your crouch speed (I have a legendary/orange one). I used this in addition to More Power, and Faster Recharge.

For Harriet in the morning, I got down to the docks by going left from the start of the level (go thru that green building), and then I stealthed into her room with Shift & stabbed her. Oh, potentially important, I pushed the button on the left side to send the crane back up, so that Amador wouldn't die. I think I also killed her before the gas got released, and I didn't mess with the button on the right side, so it may have been important that everybody lived in her warehouse. Her guards shot me once or twice but I just kept cloaked/running, & I hit the buttons, and I ran out the exterior door toward Frank's fireworks. Other than that, I would say just practice the routes/maps until you learn them, and try to get it smoothly in one go.

Edited by wilky2988

• 2 months later...

Just got the.trophy after 3 or 4 times of doing it and not getting it. It seems like Amador dying doesn't affect the trophy, I didn't manage to save him and still got it. 

The big diference was that I played online, on Friends Only and didn't get any Juliana in that run

I got this trophy a few hours ago and just thought I'd add my experience. I got it on my 2nd attempt. Both attempts I never exited the game or quit to main menu. The differences in my attempts are as follows. 

Attempt 1 - Friends Only Mode. Normal settings (no accessibility changes)

Morning - I took Harriet out through the hole in the roof (shoot a loud gun to make her run around) careful not to shoot any eternalists, also careful not to let Harriet see me so she never shot her gun. I didn't hit the gas switch because she never started lowering the guy. Stealth rig the fireworks. I did witness the guys behind the hanger with the gas tank. One of them dies here if you don't interrupt their script, so I wonder if this might have effected this run. Julianna never invaded. 

Noon - A few alerts and a chase but doubt anyone got hurt. I died once. Remember you can turn off the nullifier as soon as the console is visible as it won't cloak again. 

Afternoon - No alerts. No Julianna. 

Evening - I went on the right side of the map and witnessed the drunk guy fall off the roof. I wonder if this might have effected this run. Used the meat grinder on Aleksis. Aether + headshot Egor when he's talking to Wenjie. Didn't kill him but just ran back to the lower roof, no one follows very far. Wait till they go back to position, try again. Took 2 headshot each for these two with the sniper, no one went full alert. Julianna invaded on the roof, I killed her. Not sure if this effected this run. Went to the end, shot Julianna and walked off the ledge. I did walk off as the notifications were popping up about killing Julianna. Didn't get the trophy. 

Attempt 2 - Offline Mode. Activated accessibility settings Infinite Reprisals (although I never died), One Shot & Minimal Loop Stress.

Morning - I let the gas canister guys behind the hanger see me to interrupt their script so neither died. I hid in the crawlspace under Hanger 2 till they stopped searching. I went into Hanger 2, through the laser window and one shot Harriet. Quickly pushed the button to raise the chain just to be safe. The eternalists with her were alerted but since I didn't open the doors (besides the back door) no other eternalists came and I wasn't there long enough anyway. Aether on the ledge by the water till everyone stopped looking. Stealth back to rig the fireworks then to the tunnels without issue. Julianna never invaded. 

Noon - No one got alerted. I found the trinket combo of Creeping Death, Swift Shadow, Juiced Up & Never Say Die very helpful. I usually equip Spring Heeled but with Shift on you can live without it. Remember you can turn the nullifier off after using it and the console will stay visible. 

Afternoon - No alerts. No Julianna. 

Evening - I went along the left side of the map to completely avoid triggering the drunk guy's animation for falling off the roof. Left side is easier with less enemies anyway. One shot Aleksis when he was at the beer tap. One shot Egor and Wenjie one after the other and booked it back to the lower roof. No full alerts at any point. Julianna invaded, but I chose to stealth to the Rak instead of deal with her. Proceeded to end, shot Julianna and waited for the notifications to stop before I jumped off the edge. Got the trophy! 

Hope this helps someone! 

• Like 1

Got it on my first try in Single Player mode. My run was far from perfect: I died twice, and I restarted through main menu at least once. Got seen several times, but managed to shake eternalists off with Aether before anything critical happened. Never bothered preventing any deaths, just made sure I didn’t get involved directly. Frank’s experiment was the toughest part for me, because I didn’t know that the nullifier could be turned off. In the end I just ran up to the machine and entered the code in the open, while eternalists shot at me. Died there. Finished Afternoon and Evening completely in stealth. Julianna invaded in the evening, but thankfully I was in an empty part of the mansion when she found me, so I killed her without raising the alarm. I didn’t hack her antenna, but killed my remaining target (Aleksis) and went straight to RAK. Shot Julianna and immediately jumped into the void. The trophy popped as soon as the screen turned white.

• 4 months later...

Okay guys I finally got this trophy in 2024!

This is by far the most bugged and frustrating trophy for anyone who has updated their Deathloop to the newest version. I tried over a dozen times with stealth, no stealth and all methods people tried. This popped it for me and is very similar to abi21491 's second attempt.

Settings: Offline, Single Player, Activated accessibility settings Infinite Reprisals , One Shot & Minimal Loop Stress.

General factors: Anytime I died, I skipped to the morning of the next loop and started the whole loop over from the beginning. I did not restart or redo any levels after dying. I never attempted this before so it might have been a factor. I didn't take anything from the visionaries.

Invasion: Julianna never invaded my game during the entire run.

Morning: Took coastal route. Distracted the gas tanks guys so no one blewup, then stealthed under the dock to the secret entrance to the hanger in poison. That got me to underneath  Harriet talking to her peoples. Ask she talked, I opened the hanger door with the wheel and stealthed to her intercom room. Ask she talked I stealthed killed her with the knife then hid under the stairs as her minions got alerted. When safe, I went back to her spot and raised the hook guy all the way to the top. Then I went out the back door and stealth to fireworks switch place. Exited in stealth by the roof tops.

Noon - Got the nullifier , stealthed to place it , removed the battery from the nullifier, hid and regenerated , then entered code , exited. I alerted some enemies to yellow alert in this area.

Afternoon - Stealth to hideout, no chumps alerted. Shot both Visionaries in the head one shot kill before she did the mind meld with him. Water did not flood. exited no alerts.

Evening - Took left route without being alerted. Once past turret in room, I took the house roofs cliffside, then jumped down to cliffside and took shortcut where they talk about the beer. One shot Aleksis from trap button area when he was going for a drink. At Roof, one shot in stealth Wenjij, then hid under roof. Then one shot Egor once the search was off. Took the same route back , (don't take route where drunk guy falls to death, may be a factor). Straight to Rak undetected.

Ran - Shot her in face with vintage gun. Waited for all notifications then jumped off. Popped after white screen.

So things that I did this time versus other times that may of been a factor: Restarted the whole loop from scratch if I ever died, distracted tank guys so they don't blow up, moved hook guy to the highest level, avoided seeing drunk guy fall to his death by going a different path at night.

I've been trophy hunting for 10 years and this is the most bugged and nonsense trophy I've ever encountered.

Happy hunting!

• Like 1