Apparently, ps5 has been jailbroken

50 minutes ago, James Tiger said:

Oh no, is this mean it is harder to differentiate between real autopop and cfw autopop now ?

I can't imagine how it would be harder to differentiate. Shouldn't the person who has an auto-pop list on PS5 have the original list on PS4 to prove they did all the trophies?

I can't imagine how people could auto-pop (for instance) Borderlands 3 on PS5 if they didn't already complete the PS4 version, to begin with. But correct me if I'm wrong, I don't own a PS5 so I don't understand how the save transfers fully work.

1 hour ago, Phoenixgaming1 said:

I can't imagine how it would be harder to differentiate. Shouldn't the person who has an auto-pop list on PS5 have the original list on PS4 to prove they did all the trophies?

I can't imagine how people could auto-pop (for instance) Borderlands 3 on PS5 if they didn't already complete the PS4 version, to begin with. But correct me if I'm wrong, I don't own a PS5 so I don't understand how the save transfers fully work.

I think this is how it works, you need to have a PS4 save uploaded to some sort of a cloud, which is then downloaded to PS5 and the auto pop happens from there.

So if you hacked your PS4 trophy time stamps, well you aren't going to be able to auto pop on PS5 will you? Because you haven't got a legit PS4 save since only the time stamps are hacked.

However if PS5 is also hacked, then you wouldn't need to use the PS5 auto pop feature at all, you'd just edit your time stamps to be all at the same second, I mean, who would know the difference?

This is I gather, the issue.

8 hours ago, NathanielJohn said:

This is the same exploit that TheFlow found about a year ago. He then reported it to Sony and they patched it.

Allows the hacker to read game files and edit config files, but not execute arbitrary code. As far as trophy hacking goes, this likely gives hackers a way to edit save files right on the PS5 (not 100% sure about this though), but likely not much more (i.e., it doesn't seem like trophy auto-popping programs could be installed, for example, like old PS3 CFW stuff).

There's silver lining for non-existent USB backups for PS5 save files -- these hacked saves can't be used for trophy hacking.

13 minutes ago, HusKy said:

There's silver lining for non-existent USB backups for PS5 save files -- these hacked saves can't be used for trophy hacking.

Unrelated, but it's kind of bullshit that backing up your saves is behind a paywall. If you're only going to offer cloud-based saves, fine -- but at least make it free. 

PS3 games were so inconsistent whether or not you were permitted to make back-ups to a USB, or if you needed to use the Cloud. PS4 has it right; you had unlimited access to backing-up to the USB and that was the "free" option. No saves were protected in that manner like they were on PS3. 

Now all PS5 software have their saves only accessible on the cloud. At that point, the feature need of backing up your save should be free. 

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, HusKy said:

Not a silver lining at all. It's also very anti consumer as well though. Not being able to backup save files to USB on PS5 if one of my biggest dislikes of the machine.

Sony did this with the Vita and when they abandoned it, well now you have a system that PSPlus is mandatory to back up your saves, and due to the special memory cards to try and prevent piracy. In the end it just made the Vita more expensive and worse for genuine users and inevitably helped the Vita to fail. Quite literally hacking your Vita is the way to go, you can use cheaper memory, back up your saves, play games from other regions because the DRM is also gone.

I guarantee in a few years time PS5 will be the same, and there will be a way to hack saves, and trophies. No system is secure forever, just like DRM for games for PC, all you are ever doing is punishing the genuine customer and giving them less features.

I couldn't care less if people wanna hack their saves, especially if it means I can genuinely back up my own saves like I can on PS4.

PS4 is relatively free, and Vita is DRM and locked like crazy. Both systems got hacked, ironically, the Vita fared worse. The Vita could have been as free as the PS4, I am still mad today I can't download or buy DLC from the Japanese store or play Japanese games, Sony of Japan literally earned less money from me as a result, because I have access to less Vita games.

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, NumberYak said:

As long as this Jailbreak won't affect multiplayer games too much I'm happy. Not looking forward to have a recent MP game completely hacked like Black Ops III now for example.

Well since they are mostly cross platforms now you're going to get PC hackers no matter what. Look at COD MW2 2022 electric boogaloo Part 2, the Beta , ahem sorry demo had wall hacks everywhere.

49 minutes ago, CelestialRequiem said:

Unrelated, but it's kind of bullshit that backing up your saves is behind a paywall. If you're only going to offer cloud-based saves, fine -- but at least make it free.

I 100% agree that save backups should not require PS+ on PS5.

However, I think the main reason why USB backups aren't possible is due to save files being hackable. It is what it is.

49 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

Sony did this with the Vita

Vita allows local save backups when using CMA. It is impractical solution but it is available.

• Like 1

On 10/4/2022 at 11:10 AM, TheRetroManiac said:

Pretty sure I read that Xbox Series X has a Dev Mode feature you can buy into, and you can get access to all sorts of games from different consoles etc, and it's allowed by Microsoft, so using that as a basis on PS5 would be pointless.

The emulation on the XBSX is pretty amazing to be honest. I have PS2, Gamecube and PSP games running on mine. Retroarch can now be installed on a thumb drive. If anyone is interested I recommend checking out Archades Games on youtube

In all honesty I really do want the PS5 hacked for just one reason, to be able to move away from the Dualsense. I just can't for the life of me see why we are subjected to using this controller with no other options when the DS4 variants clearly work with the use of a Cronus Zen on PS5 games leading up to just after COD Coldwar was released. I've said this so many times but NONE of my friends play ps5 games online, always the PS4 version for this very reason. We have $400 controllers ffs that aren't made of brittle plastic. I get it, Some of you love the DS and great I'm happy for you. A short google search will reveal the sheer number of people that don't like it including the people who sold their ps5 due to it.

Yes I know you can remote play back to the ps4 and still view the ps5 screen while using a PS4 controller, actual evidence that these controllers do the job. Sony are fu^&*ng blind and in my mind deserve to be hacked.

Edited by Z1MZUM