Save The Vita!

Ikenda

Memnoch who is the top n1 game on gamefaqs at the moment? (Persona 4 Golden)

from what i know gamefaqs isn't a site for japanese people to go talk about their favorite games lol

http://www.gamefaqs.com/vita (Ys Celceta also improved sales for Vita in the west)

That is just one example, the reason why some good games dont get localized lies mostly at EU/ US system & politics

they are avoided like the plague and it's a sad fact. (dont want to start with the DUB's either that makes localization even more harder)

That was my point - a small amount of games will do well. Have only that on the system and you are screwed for western markets.

Also I dont believe the 'people on x site' play this so it must be good actually works. Only a small percentage of people buying systems will actually go onto forums, and they are more likely to talk about 'niche' games in the first place.

Edited by Memnoch

PSP took ages to get games, Vita was far too fast to get games or wouldn't have bought mine after just 1 year of its release date.

Vita just got caught in a bigger challenge on the market compared to PSP age (PSP took me like 4 years at least to catch my interest and buy it)

i still believe and am confident that Vita can suceed as long great devs like Nihon Falcom/ Banpresto/ and other few like NIS/ Sega continue to develope games for it,

either way this will be best year for the Vita definitely at least for me xD.

The "no games" or "no system selling games" argument is a total cop out. There are a shit load of awesome games for the vita, regardless of whether they are ports or not, they still exist.

Too expensive? Well you got your price drop in the form of the vita slim, and you've missed out on the OLED screen and a well built system that I can confidently toss across the room onto the couch or bed without worry... The new model feels weak and flimsy. I've dropped my vita a few times with no damage over the past 2 years, if I had done that with the slim, I doubt I'd still have it. And think about it, if the vita gets a drop to say $150, it's at the end of its life and there will be next to nothing coming in its future for games.

Yes, the memory cards are expensive and it's so stupid to use proprietary micro SD, but it is what it is. They go on sale and you can always trade in towards them or even find them on eBay or wherever for decent prices as well. I lasted on the 4GB card that came with my vita for 6 months, but I bought physical copies of my games and deleted them when I beat them or had my fill.

The vita is an amazing little system that has brought countless hours of entertainment into my life. You just need to get one. Stop making the bullshit excuses that have been regurgitated all over the Internet and get one. Those of us that have one are happy with it, and the praise it receives from the owners should convince people more than saving a few bucks, because the vita doesn't need to be saved... It needs to be supported.

I disagree with your statement.  It would be true if the Vita was the only gaming console in existence, but it isn't.  The sad truth is that for the price of the Vita you can get a 3DS, PS3 or Xbox360 with a couple of new games and a library of thousands, and for neither of those you have to deal with memory cards that are stupidly expensive even when they're on sale.

The problems with the Vita are not a cop out, they're very important because the alternatives don't have those problems.  Last Christmas I could have chosen between a 3DS XL or a Vita in the Amazon sale.  I chose the 3DS XL even though I already had a regular 3DS and the 3DS came alone while the Vita for only a fraction more had some games included.  I sold my old 3DS, but the fact is that the Nintendo alternative was still far better than the new console with higher specs.

You're looking at things from the wrong angle.  Most people are not thinking "I want to buy a PSVita, let's see how much it will cost and how many games it has", what people think is "I want to buy a console, let's see which one is more convenient".  People who want to buy a Vita just buy it, they don't need excuses.  But people who just want more value for their money will choose the alternatives, because the Vita, no matter how good it is on its own, it's just not good enough compared to the rest.

Thankfully the Vita has a high attach rate. I believe on average owners buy 10 games for the system. Which is pretty high for a handheld. Borderlands 2 will likely give it a good boost in sales. I have a few friends that plan on buying the borderlands bundle when it comes out. Thankfully that is a franchise with pull. The system really needs a game with the pokemon effect.  The system also needs better support from retailers, most targets and walmarts have a tiny little section which is usually blended in with ps3.

• Like 1

I disagree with your statement.  It would be true if the Vita was the only gaming console in existence, but it isn't.  The sad truth is that for the price of the Vita you can get a 3DS, PS3 or Xbox360 with a couple of new games and a library of thousands, and for neither of those you have to deal with memory cards that are stupidly expensive even when they're on sale.

The problems with the Vita are not a cop out, they're very important because the alternatives don't have those problems.  Last Christmas I could have chosen between a 3DS XL or a Vita in the Amazon sale.  I chose the 3DS XL even though I already had a regular 3DS and the 3DS came alone while the Vita for only a fraction more had some games included.  I sold my old 3DS, but the fact is that the Nintendo alternative was still far better than the new console with higher specs.

You're looking at things from the wrong angle.  Most people are not thinking "I want to buy a PSVita, let's see how much it will cost and how many games it has", what people think is "I want to buy a console, let's see which one is more convenient".  People who want to buy a Vita just buy it, they don't need excuses.  But people who just want more value for their money will choose the alternatives, because the Vita, no matter how good it is on its own, it's just not good enough compared to the rest.

The lack of games is a total cop out, regardless of whether you agree or not. I need not list all the great vita games here as there are "top 5/10/25" lists on this forum and else where. The fact is there is only so much time in the day, so what's the need for thousands of games? Some people are looking for more variety, others are looking for the one, but are missing out on some really great games in the mean time.

I don't think I am looking from the wrong angle, since we are talking about the vita exclusively here. If people want to buy other platforms, that's their prerogative. We're talking here about the argument of too few games, or the cost over shadowing the value and what steps could be taken to improve the vita sales and "save it"

I wouldn't argue the vita to be better or worse than the 3DS or any other console for that matter. But it is different and in its own class. There is plenty of value in the system for me. Trophies, cross-play/save games, my friends from ps3 carry over so I have friends to play with and not to mention the remote play feature. Coincide rations like these are likely why you chose a 3DS over a vita, no?

At any rate, the arguments I saw posted here were about the lack of games and the price, so those were the ones I addressed.

• Like 1

The lack of games is a total cop out, regardless of whether you agree or not. I need not list all the great vita games here as there are "top 5/10/25" lists on this forum and else where. The fact is there is only so much time in the day, so what's the need for thousands of games? Some people are looking for more variety, others are looking for the one, but are missing out on some really great games in the mean time.

I don't think I am looking from the wrong angle, since we are talking about the vita exclusively here. If people want to buy other platforms, that's their prerogative. We're talking here about the argument of too few games, or the cost over shadowing the value and what steps could be taken to improve the vita sales and "save it"

I wouldn't argue the vita to be better or worse than the 3DS or any other console for that matter. But it is different and in its own class. There is plenty of value in the system for me. Trophies, cross-play/save games, my friends from ps3 carry over so I have friends to play with and not to mention the remote play feature. Coincide rations like these are likely why you chose a 3DS over a vita, no?

At any rate, the arguments I saw posted here were about the lack of games and the price, so those were the ones I addressed.

No, sorry, man.  Your reply to my argument can't be "I'm right because I say so", which is basically what you're saying.  The number of games is a very important factor, because not everyone likes all the genres.  If you only like, say, RPGs, the number of games in PSVita is significantly lower, and, of course, much, much lower than if you compare it to the number of RPGs in other consoles.

Also, the entire reason for the thread is to discuss why the console is not selling much.  You can't simply ignore the other platforms because their existence is a big factor in why the Vita is not selling.  Trust me, if it was the only handheld available, it would sell much more.  And even more if it was the only console.  Again, Vita is one of the least attractive options in an ocean of choices.

Really, I think you're being unfair to gamers by claiming it's our fault for looking for BS excuses not to purchase it.  Again, value for your money is the most important thing on people's mind when purchasing a console.  Maybe money is not a problem to you, and if that's the case, well, congratulations.  Unfortunately, things are not like that for most people on the planet, and you can't pretend a problem doesn't exist just because you are not affected by it.

Gta Liberty City Stories skyrocketed PSP sales. It was exclusive and only later was ported to PS2. Something like that could help Vita... but you are right... is not happening at this point. Maybe if Vita hade achieved a little bit more sales in those two years of life, like 12 or 15 millions for example. Now it is a pipe dream. Now even Sonys studios stopped making exclusive spin-off games for it. Hopefully Gravity Rush 2 will make it to a release some day. The first one was one of my favorites and my most rewarding platinums....

Sony are still making new IPs for it, Soul Sacrifice, Tearaway etc. Currently I believe they are also still planning on putting out the HD sly and god of war collections on it as well as Dead Nation. I wouldn't doubt it if a new God of War came out for Vita, it's about the only main Sony IP not to see a Vita release. I know it's not as good 1st party support as the 3DS but I think they are still just really unsure on how to make that addictive 1st party game that everyone needs to play.  

Edited by coolalright

No, sorry, man.  Your reply to my argument can't be "I'm right because I say so", which is basically what you're saying.  The number of games is a very important factor, because not everyone likes all the genres.  If you only like, say, RPGs, the number of games in PSVita is significantly lower, and, of course, much, much lower than if you compare it to the number of RPGs in other consoles.

Also, the entire reason for the thread is to discuss why the console is not selling much.  You can't simply ignore the other platforms because their existence is a big factor in why the Vita is not selling.  Trust me, if it was the only handheld available, it would sell much more.  And even more if it was the only console.  Again, Vita is one of the least attractive options in an ocean of choices.

Really, I think you're being unfair to gamers by claiming it's our fault for looking for BS excuses not to purchase it.  Again, value for your money is the most important thing on people's mind when purchasing a console.  Maybe money is not a problem to you, and if that's the case, well, congratulations.  Unfortunately, things are not like that for most people on the planet, and you can't pretend a problem doesn't exist just because you are not affected by it.

Im sorry my friend but you are the one who says "im right because i say so"... you are totaly ignoring the argument that people with ps3 and ps4 are more atractive to vita cause of all the goodies like trophies and remote play, free games with PS+ and handred of good and cheap indies and you only saying that other consoles have more games and more money value. Well for me PS Vita have great money value in comparison with other handhelds. When i decided to buy the Vita it was cause im a Ninja Gaiden super fan so to be able to play Ryu on the go for me was heaven on earth. But later i was worried that there wont be enough games for me to play. Nowdays i have more the 80 games on the Vita and i gained 20 Platinums already from games that totaly made Vita worth its money. And Actually all of them where on 50% sale when i bought them. So my worries from the beginning are not here anymore. But since i decided not to buy a 3ds i made a research and i realased that if i had bought it right now i would only have 25 3ds games that i would like to spend my money on (most others are simple bad kiddy games or genre that i dont like like sport games) and most of them are more expencive then the most Vita games especially when we talk about indies which are more in numbers too. So im glad that i choose Vita. Maybe someday when i can ill buy a 3ds too to play those 25 games. But until then im happy with my 80 Vita games, my trophys and my remote play....

I know you are going to answer, you seem like those ones who dont let go, but at least this time find better arguments then just the number of games and the value for money cause that is a matter of taste and really if someone likes 200 bad or mediocre games and thats what he enjoys that is great. And if you owned a Vita there is a big chance that you would also be as dedicated to it as all of those few (in comparison) people who own it. Really i cant exactly explain why statistics show that but as an owner i can understand it.

I know you are going to answer, you seem like those ones who dont let go, but at least this time find better arguments then just the number of games and the value for money cause that is a matter of taste and really if someone likes 200 bad or mediocre games and thats what he enjoys that is great. And if you owned a Vita there is a big chance that you would also be as dedicated to it as all of those few (in comparison) people who own it. Really i cant exactly explain why statistics show that but as an owner i can understand it.

The issue being that at the moment, there is nothing for mass market. There have been a few good games on vita, but I haven't really found any gems. And if you want mass market, you need real gems that people want.

Indy titles may be good, but they very rarely sell systems. PS+ games and espescially remote play would suggest that you already have a ps4 - most people I know wouldn't have both. I do, but I spend a large part of my life away from home, but I am the only person in my real life circle that owns a vita. Most will not see the point. And that is the predicament that the vita is in.

• Like 1

i agree. thus the subject of the thread. opinions about how Vita could sell more. for most people, especially casual gamers only mass market games could do the trick. its a pity that games like cod declassified where such a mess.cod could help altough i dont like it much. still im very happy that i can play all of those indies on vita cause im not a pc player and those games are mostly enjoyble on the go then on ps3. i think sometimes that indies keeping it alive and i like that... also jrps are coming more and more... i also like that...

Im sorry my friend but you are the one who says "im right because i say so"... you are totaly ignoring the argument that people with ps3 and ps4 are more atractive to vita cause of all the goodies like trophies and remote play, free games with PS+ and handred of good and cheap indies and you only saying that other consoles have more games and more money value. Well for me PS Vita have great money value in comparison with other handhelds. When i decided to buy the Vita it was cause im a Ninja Gaiden super fan so to be able to play Ryu on the go for me was heaven on earth. But later i was worried that there wont be enough games for me to play. Nowdays i have more the 80 games on the Vita and i gained 20 Platinums already from games that totaly made Vita worth its money. And Actually all of them where on 50% sale when i bought them. So my worries from the beginning are not here anymore. But since i decided not to buy a 3ds i made a research and i realased that if i had bought it right now i would only have 25 3ds games that i would like to spend my money on (most others are simple bad kiddy games or genre that i dont like like sport games) and most of them are more expencive then the most Vita games especially when we talk about indies which are more in numbers too. So im glad that i choose Vita. Maybe someday when i can ill buy a 3ds too to play those 25 games. But until then im happy with my 80 Vita games, my trophys and my remote play....

Your post is a pain to read, but I'll try to catch up.  I'm not ignoring any argument.  People with PS3 and PS4 are clearly Sony fans, so they want the Vita alright.  I never said that wasn't true.  I'm talking about the people in general.  You said you wanted the Vita because you're a Ninja Gaiden fan.  You mention you care about platinums.  I don't mean to be insulting when I say this, but you're in the minority.

Again, please don't twist my words.  The purpose of the thread is to talk about why the Vita doesn't sell, and that's why, because, as I mentioned before, those who want a Vita will purchase it without the need for any excuse.  The sad reality, though, is that most people don't want a Vita, and it's because of the reasons I mentioned.  It's just not as good value for the money as the alternatives.  You guys keep claiming that those reasons don't matter, so pray tell me, what are the reasons, then?  Because you guys are only telling me the reason why you like the console, and that's fine, there's nothing wrong with your reasons, they're perfectly valid... for you.  But what we're asking here is, why other people don't buy the Vita?  Your reasons are clearly not enough for them, otherwise they'd have them already.  You can't just say my reasons are BS and not give out real ones.

I gave you my reasons.  The number of interesting games is not enough for me (which, I need to point out, is exactly the same reason you had not to purchase a 3DS, so you can't claim is not a valid reason without being hypocritical), the price of the console is too high (factoring import taxes, which would drive the price to $400+ for me), and the memory cards are inconvenient.  I'm not making those reasons up for discussion, they're real to me and to everyone who complains on the internet.  As you guys represent those people who own a Vita and why, I represent those who don't own one and why.  When you say those arguments are not real you're basically calling us liars.

This is not me making things up because I like to feel superior.  This is me saying what I see everywhere, and what I personally feel.  The main selling point of the Vita is to have console games on the go, and that's fine for the minority who want that, but the majority of the people prefer their console games on their home and their portable games to be easy pick-up-and-play casual ones.  That's why they find the alternatives more alluring.  Other home and portable consoles are more suitable to their playstyle, more convenient and cheaper.  So, if the Vita wants to enter the competition, it needs, again, more games and a cheaper price point for the console and the memory cards.

It's really a simple matter, I don't know why you guys are taking it so personally.  I'm not attacking you or anything like that.  I agree with your reasons for liking the Vita, they're perfectly logical.  I just say, they're not good enough for me or for the majority of people.  Not because we think we deserve better, but we have different tastes.

Your post is a pain to read, but I'll try to catch up. I'm not ignoring any argument. People with PS3 and PS4 are clearly Sony fans, so they want the Vita alright. I never said that wasn't true. I'm talking about the people in general. You said you wanted the Vita because you're a Ninja Gaiden fan. You mention you care about platinums. I don't mean to be insulting when I say this, but you're in the minority.

Again, please don't twist my words. The purpose of the thread is to talk about why the Vita doesn't sell, and that's why, because, as I mentioned before, those who want a Vita will purchase it without the need for any excuse. The sad reality, though, is that most people don't want a Vita, and it's because of the reasons I mentioned. It's just not as good value for the money as the alternatives. You guys keep claiming that those reasons don't matter, so pray tell me, what are the reasons, then? Because you guys are only telling me the reason why you like the console, and that's fine, there's nothing wrong with your reasons, they're perfectly valid... for you. But what we're asking here is, why other people don't buy the Vita? Your reasons are clearly not enough for them, otherwise they'd have them already. You can't just say my reasons are BS and not give out real ones.

I gave you my reasons. The number of interesting games is not enough for me (which, I need to point out, is exactly the same reason you had not to purchase a 3DS, so you can't claim is not a valid reason without being hypocritical), the price of the console is too high (factoring import taxes, which would drive the price to $400+ for me), and the memory cards are inconvenient. I'm not making those reasons up for discussion, they're real to me and to everyone who complains on the internet. As you guys represent those people who own a Vita and why, I represent those who don't own one and why. When you say those arguments are not real you're basically calling us liars.

This is not me making things up because I like to feel superior. This is me saying what I see everywhere, and what I personally feel. The main selling point of the Vita is to have console games on the go, and that's fine for the minority who want that, but the majority of the people prefer their console games on their home and their portable games to be easy pick-up-and-play casual ones. That's why they find the alternatives more alluring. Other home and portable consoles are more suitable to their playstyle, more convenient and cheaper. So, if the Vita wants to enter the competition, it needs, again, more games and a cheaper price point for the console and the memory cards.

It's really a simple matter, I don't know why you guys are taking it so personally. I'm not attacking you or anything like that. I agree with your reasons for liking the Vita, they're perfectly logical. I just say, they're not good enough for me or for the majority of people. Not because we think we deserve better, but we have different tastes.

You are not insulting you're just the guy who wont let go as i said. And i dont want to sound insulting but is very fun to talk with someone from your minority so im glad you are here and sorry for the pain. Sometimes im a little sadistic. Your characterization with the words "im right because i said so" to an other member was my trigger but i see now that you are a bit more logical. Opinions are opinions and all are welcomed. But i think that since you are not an owner you are not seeing the whole picture. DS and 3DS perfomed really well in sales because they have Pokemon, Mario, Zelda and other franchises that always will sale well especially to children. Those are unbeatable system sellers and i like them too, i used to own a Wii and a DS and enjoy those gems (well at least Zelda and Mario, the others i dont like that much or at all). But 3DS is not the reason Vita is not selling and the price is not also. I bought mine 250 bucks with Uncharted and 8gb memory just 4 months after realase, now you can find it alot cheaper, i dont know where you are seeing the 400 bucks even if they dont sell it in your country (which if is true something tells me that thats the most important reason that you choose 3ds, and everything else are, as you say, BS excuses). PSP was 270 buks on release, had a huge competition with DS and problems with piracy and still it sold 80 millions. Vita will never sell that much sadly and thats what we talk about here as Vita owners. Because ok i can understand that you casual gamers want to play only casual games on the go, but the hardcore minority gamers deserve a bit more then this, so i wouldnt have a problem to see more unworhty casual games for the Vita if that is the issue. But is not, Vita has lots of unworthy casual games too. The problem is that you can play those games on your phone and probably cheaper. PSP had lots of hardcore games (GTA, GOW, MGS) and thats what Vita needs regardless the competition.If that could happen Vita would rule at least in our humble hardcore hands (3ds would still be the king of casuals and the handheld world). But with bad games like Call of Duty Declassified, bad marketing and not enough support from Sony plus the stupid choice with the memory cards, it didnt get enough sales to attract those developers. So i really hope like others optimistic gamers in this thread that the best days for the Vita are about to come. Cause like those people who own it and they talk from their experience, i too think that Vita rocks and needs to be saved :) ..... Edited by Ikenda

You are not insulting you're just the guy who wont let go as i said. And i dont want to sound insulting but is very fun to talk with someone from your minority so im glad you are here and sorry for the pain. Sometimes im a little sadistic. Your characterization with the words "im right because i said so" to an other member was my trigger but i see now that you are a bit more logical. Opinions are opinions and all are welcomed. But i think that since you are not an owner you are not seeing the whole picture. DS and 3DS perfomed really well in sales because they have Pokemon, Mario, Zelda and other franchises that always will sale well especially to children. Those are unbeatable system sellers and i like them too, i used to own a Wii and a DS and enjoy those gems (well at least Zelda and Mario, the others i dont like that much or at all). But 3DS is not the reason Vita is not selling and the price is not also. I bought mine 250 bucks with Uncharted and 8gb memory just 4 months after realase, now you can find it alot cheaper, i dont know where you are seeing the 400 bucks even if they dont sell it in your country (which if is true something tells me that thats the most important reason that you choose 3ds, and everything else are, as you say, BS excuses). PSP was 270 buks on release, had a huge competition with DS and problems with piracy and still it sold 80 millions. Vita will never sell that much sadly and thats what we talk about here as Vita owners. Because ok i can understand that you casual gamers want to play only casual games on the go, but the hardcore minority gamers deserve a bit more then this, so i wouldnt have a problem to see more unworhty casual games for the Vita if that is the issue. But is not, Vita has lots of unworthy casual games too. The problem is that you can play those games on your phone and probably cheaper. PSP had lots of hardcore games (GTA, GOW, MGS) and thats what Vita needs regardless the competition.If that could happen Vita would rule at least in our humble hardcore hands (3ds would still be the king of casuals and the handheld world). But with bad games like Call of Duty Declassified, bad marketing and not enough support from Sony plus the stupid choice with the memory cards, it didnt get enough sales to attract those developers. So i really hope like others optimistic gamers in this thread that the best days for the Vita are about to come. Cause like those people who own it and they talk from their experience, i too think that Vita rocks and needs to be saved :) .....

Well, yeah, again, as I said before, Vita needs more games.  Those examples you mention are very good ones.  PSP had GTA, GOW and MGS, all great Playstation franchises, and Vita has none of them, which I find ridiculous.  The other problem is, as someone else mentioned, even if those games got released, they'd receive in a few months an HD remake for the PS3, as happened for Batman: Arkham Origins - Blackgate and Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate.  Sony made the same mistake with the PSP, the few exclusives the console got stopped being exclusives a while later, which kind of defeats the purpose of exclusives (which is attracting fans to the console).

And if you're curious, we have ridiculous import taxes in my country.  Prices for imported electronics and games can go up to 300% as average, and trust me, it's even worse in other countries.  We have some perks here.  For instance, when a product + its shipping cost is less than 200 USD, we can easily get it tax free (up to 5 chances to do that a year), so a 3DS XL can pass just by, when on sale (impossible at its current price).  Vita is not so lucky, since the console + the shipping goes for more than 200 USD, which means it has to pay taxes and extra services.  The taxes are more than 60% of the price of the product+shipping, and the extra services are even pricier.  That means the price of the console more than doubles.  A slighter original price point would work wonders.

• Like 1

Here is another question, will PS Vita survive after 2014 because I fear that they will discounted by 2015 and just focus on PS4  

I wouldn't be so sure, too much soon to talk about it and to be honest im not interested in PS4

if i had to buy a home console i would definitely choose PS3 yet.

Here is another question, will PS Vita survive after 2014 because I fear that they will discounted by 2015 and just focus on PS4

PS4 has the potential to help Vita survive more via remote play and crossbuy. For how long? It remains to be seen...

Yeah you are pretty much right' although i dont think vita is gonna die soon. If 3ds keeps offering only 3-5 must have games people might start trying vita just for something new. But it need more eyecatching games. Anyway, mo matter what happens like you said i enjoy Vita more then anything and il keep doing it until it run out of juice. Every day i see new games being announced so... Thumbs up!!!

• Like 1

Sony is stupid. They aren't even trying to sell the VITA. They are not telling developers to make big new games for PSVITA and later on they say "Handheld market is dead". No it's not. You are dead Sony, as a corporation. I swear I want to punch the guy who said that. 

Trust me, if the VITA was 100$, everyone would buy it. I can guarantee you on that one. 

• Like 1

As unlikely as it will ever be now, a Rune Factory game for vita would have sold a lot of Vita's in my opinon (hell i got my vita a while ago) 

I really think they need to bring some older games back like spyro or crash to get the nostalgic vibe going (it works for nintendo, mario is the same shit on a different day) or even get the team behind god of war (who have had big layoffs and turn them into a vita development team to restart them up. also just do localise more games, its a good place to start as the games are already made

I think two ideas are very prevalent for these types of save the vita, or why the vita is lacking posts. The absolute lack of marketing, and the very small amount of triple A titles. I don't think I've ever seen a Ps Vita commercial ever in the U.S, but I know I've seen at least 100 PS4 greatness awaits car crashing slow mo ones. That's on Sony for not promoting one of the best handheld consoles I've ever seen. 

Now does the Vita need saved? In my opinion no. Here's why. The Vita actually does very well in its homeland, which is why instead of a serialized COD game and a Bro Madden 64 every year we will continue to see these localized Japanese Vita games which is both good and bad news for those living outside on the casual mainlands. It's good because it helps infuse more blood into a console that DOES have games instead of hanging onto this idea of life support from remote play. It's also bad for this very idea because the average Joe Bro won't have his Friday night COD lights on the Vita. Which without Joe Bro and his children the Pokemon masters, the Vita will never see big sells numbers like the 3ds and that can be very scary idea for devs and publishers looking to get a solid return on their time and investments.

The Vita is in its prime, and just like its father the PSP, it started to get into its stride around this time as well. People are writing off the Vita within the next year, but I think the Vita isn't going anywhere. And actually we should all be in awe of how it has hanged on without Sony promoting it and the absolute trashing the 3ds has given it. The Vita is one strong, must buy IP away,from exploding the market up. If Sony can just put a little more faith into their console like we have, we could see greatness out of it as well.   

• Like 1

The problem isn't the price of the handheld or the memory stick prices. It is the lack of games that is causing the VITA to fail. Sony did release Killlzone: Mercenary and Tearaway, which did sell some units. But they got to do it more frequently. They need to announce more new IPs that will make people to buy a VITA. 

I've had my VITA for around two years, and bought my two sons one each last year. I've also been annoying the hell out of my friends telling them "you really need a VITA, just get one and you'll see why". A few of them have and they all agree that once you've played on it you realise how powerful this little thing is.

I think there are plenty of games; it's the memory card pricing issue that annoys me the most. And 64GB max? I "own" almost 100 digital games via PS+, it would be nice to have a 120+GB card so i wasn't always having to choose what to delete next.