Save The Vita!

Ikenda

I'm going to defend the 3DS XL here, and ask you to play Resident Evil Revelations, Zelda Ocarina of TIme 3D, or even Super Mario Land 3D - alot of the 3DS's games run 60fps and are very sharp - they look almost as good as anything on Vita (especially newer 3DS games), and from a graphic standpoint the vita wastes alot of it's graphic potential because it has a higher resolution screen. But the point I'd like to make is: (as much as it pains me to say this - as I'm a big PC gamer) System Specs don't really matter in the grand scheme of things - games do. Especially when you are lacking a competative amount of software (as the vita is). The 3DS is a system megaseller, and why? It's got a 1" larger screen than the Vita, a bigger ergonomic body, is built sturdier, costs less, and has vastely more 1st & 3rd party games - many of which are phenomial.

I hate to say this, but the Vita is a dieing system that (I personally believe) will never survive he next two years. period. I'm sorry, but I peronally believe this to be the truth. Like the Wii U, what Vita needed was games, lots and lots of games (good, bad, it doesnt matter). Besides games, Sony probably should have initally released the system at a lower price, and later popped out the vita 2000 in the US. Sony never made a compelling case to the public as to why they should choose the Vita over a much cheaper 3DS, or a smartphone - besides a niftly ARM 9 processor, and support from japanese developers (whom most of their games have never made it outside of japan). Now, it's too late. Sure, Sony can lower Vita's MSRP price, and companies can flood the market with games - but we all know that ain't going to happen. Besides, now that we've moved into the next-generation of hardware, the vita's graphics are starting to age abit, and the majority of the gaming public has already long made their minds up - the vita has been tainted. It's been 3 1/2 years and the Vita still hasn't made a drop in the bucket outside of japan. It ain't going to suddenly happen after all this time. Sure Cross-Play, and using the VIta as a 2nd Screen periphrial for PS4, are great ideas - but who's going to pay $200 for a vita to use as a PS4 controller, or to play games they already beat on their PS3?

Defend 3DS? and i thought the topic was about PS Vita lol

Screen bigger? hell no, Vita screen is slightly larger than the 3DS XL

http://i1.cdnds.net/12/27/618x463/gaming_3ds_xl_hands_on_14.jpeg

3DS XL resolution isn't increasing to compensate for the screen size increase,

resulting in a slightly less crisp picture than the current 3DS and significantly less crisp than the Vita which is at 960x544.

As for the costs, if you want to play japanese games its far more expensive since it's region locked. (and that would be impossible for me)

Lastly it is too much soon to be jumping to conclusions as the japanese market will say if Vita dies or not,

also your wrong about next two years as i already see great rpg's comming to it, again your only looking at the west market ~_~

Vita graphics starting to age a bit? lol your contradicting yourself... how come 3DS wont age in graphics then?

cause i don't know what your trying to say here, or are you saying it's aging a bit cause PS4 is around? that would be a joke lol.

Edited by Nelson_Otaku
  • Like 3

it didn't have what the PSP did have. Fun on the go games!

im talking about

socom FTB2 ( the memories online oh god!)

gta (this is what vita needs...) 

tony hawk

syphon filter

killzone liberation

MOH heroes 1&2

GOW

Star wars elite squadron

and i can go on and on... 

the vita has killzone,cod and uncharted.. thats about it... the rest aren't WOW (in my opinion)

also: the PSP was great for it's customization and emulators (gba,gbc etc) this was achieved by ''hacking'' it but it sure as hell made it a lot more fun, playing homebrew games, awesome boot theme's, and the whole feel of the system in general.

Edited by gerardNL0

it didn't have what the PSP did have. Fun on the go games!

im talking about

socom FTB2 ( the memories online oh god!)

gta (this is what vita needs...) 

tony hawk

syphon filter

killzone liberation

MOH heroes 1&2

GOW

Star wars elite squadron

and i can go on and on... 

the vita has killzone,cod and uncharted.. thats about it... the rest aren't WOW (in my opinion)

also: the PSP was great for it's customization and emulators (gba,gbc etc) this was achieved by ''hacking'' it but it sure as hell made it a lot more fun, playing homebrew games, awesome boot theme's, and the whole feel of the system in general.

True. The VITA needs more games like on the PSP. I would love to see Medal of Honor: Heroes 3, Daxter 2, a new Ape Escape for the VITA and a lot more PSP sequels.

• Like 1

And i could say reverse, wonder why i have more tasty games on Vita than PSP already lol...

well again i guess im one of the few who just interested in the JRpgs, (more the exception of project diva games and few others)

for example i bought PSP 5 years later its release only while i bought Vita 1 year later its release.

Edited by Nelson_Otaku

it looks like, in comparison to the psp, the vita does not have a lot of games made by western developers and that is why it is failing in the western market.

Yeah as much as i love the psvita i have to agree. I'd only recommend a vita to people who actually enjoy japanese made games. Personally the vita games i own (with the exception of psplus) are made by japanese studios. Psvita has a really crap library if you're not into games like P4G, Virtue's last reward or soul sacrifice.

Remote play is awesome ! And i know a lot of people who would buy a PS4 bundle with a Vita in it if the price is good...

Shame i already have both ;-) but i think it is worth the money even wherei bought it on a higher price level. I think the people who don't own a vita don't know how good it really is...

• Like 2

Fragster you are wrong because you wrote an essay because someone told you that you are wrong... Those are not arguments but angryments...

Keep it simple otherwise none will care... I know this from personal experience...Thank you...

Remote play is awesome ! And i know a lot of people who would buy a PS4 bundle with a Vita in it if the price is good...

Shame i already have both ;-) but i think it is worth the money even wherei bought it on a higher price level. I think the people who don't own a vita don't know how good it really is...

That is so true. before i have it i didnt like it so much.Once i started playing....well all i can say is that 80 games later im loving it!

• Like 1

FINALLY:

...If anyone is wondering why I wrote this big, longwinded, stupid response? It's because I had a spare hour and felt like it! :P lol. I don't usually write crap like this, or get all snotty or insulting, but I though "hey! what the hell! I got a hour, and I'm board! :D). 

So to Nelson_Otaku: Take it easy bub, I'm playing around with this post. Sure you're response was full of crap - you are wrong. lol. But I'm not usually the guy to tell people they are wrong, so think of this response as a out-of-character act by me. The sorta thing that people do when they think "hey, this turd actually said I was blatantly wrong - not usual proper 'in my opinion' stuff, but actually said ' you are wrong!' so what the hell, let's take a couple pokes back at him for good fun"! :giggle:

So if this offended you in anyway Nelson_Otaku, or you think I wrote all that text just because of you, then: I'm truly, truly sorry for the accidental butthurt (*Bad Fragtaster! Bad boy!* - THERE I just punished myself)! I only wrote such a long response, not because it was justified (quite the opposite really), but because it was the surprisingly FUN thing to do!. :yay:

Rants.............................................................

You must be bored as hell, if you have the time to write all that then it means 3DS doesn't keep you enough occupied IMO

offending me? internet serious business if your rant can offend me lol... since i dont have same time as you

i can only say you made me laugh enough to... *Point at the topic title "Vita*

Dont even know what your doing on a Vita message board lol

(the TC wants to save Vita, not you bringing it down with your subjective taste of 3DS around a Vita board)

Lastly: i pointed 3DS region locked so its more expensive to play japanese games...

also do you even know PS2 native resolution? how can you put Vita on same level is blind ignorance, no offense Fragtaster lol...

honestly do us all a favor and go improve your game completion lol...

Edited by Nelson_Otaku
  • Like 4

I would totally buy a Vita if SE would make an English version of FF Type-0

Then there is Uncharted which I would love to play but other than that I just don't see that many games worth buying a Vita for. Ninty has games like Pokemon, Zelda and Mario, where are the Vita blockbusters? Its taking Sony far too long to get that Vita train rolling.

I would totally buy a Vita if SE would make an English version of FF Type-0

Then there is Uncharted which I would love to play but other than that I just don't see that many games worth buying a Vita for. Ninty has games like Pokemon, Zelda and Mario, where are the Vita blockbusters? Its taking Sony far too long to get that Vita train rolling.

There is a fan translation for the Type 0 coming but i wish too that Squearenix made a localization or a Vita version. Its a crime that we cant play those games...

There is a fan translation for the Type 0 coming but i wish too that Squearenix made a localization or a Vita version. Its a crime that we cant play those games...

One of the best FF we've seen in years, Japanese average score 98. Why oh why are we not seeing this game in the Western world. Disgraceful!

• Like 2

One of the best FF we've seen in years, Japanese average score 98. Why oh why are we not seeing this game in the Western world. Disgraceful!

I've heard that they'll make an HD Remaster for the Vita and release it in the west. It's just a rumor though, it'll be nothing more until we see actual confirmation.