The FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 Discussion Thread

Roronora_Zoro666

4 minutes ago, DeadDexterous said:

Well it's official QATAR ARE OUT !!!

You can buy an appearance at a World Cup... But you can't actually but the World Cup !

Let's see how interested the average Qatar resident is in the World Cup now that their team officially can't win it. I'm expecting more empty seats !

B6D5D2E0-4313-4BA5-AC9B-F3D5F6E92760.gif

Damn it, @neospoon you called it. It wasn’t for a penalty tho

Edited by Roronora_Zoro666
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Roronora_Zoro666 said:
28 minutes ago, DeadDexterous said:

Let's see how interested the average Qatar resident is in the World Cup now that their team officially can't win it. I'm expecting more empty seats !

You think the Qatar residents thought they would have any chance xD

Time to get ready for the two big matches of today :) Looking forward to it!!!

9 minutes ago, neospoon said:

You think the Qatar residents thought they would have any chance xD

Time to get ready for the two big matches of today :) Looking forward to it!!!

Im pretty sure most of the residents can’t even afford to get into the World Cup, let alone see it.

Im happy for the time being. Imma probably skip the next two and watch the highlights or something.

Edited by Roronora_Zoro666

On 21.11.2022 at 6:26 AM, Spike_Hostile17 said:

So you think this is the ONLY country that bought an international event lol ? Get real, this kind of thing happens all the time. There are billions involved for any WC, OG and other big events. Living in Korea and knowing how corrupted politicians have always been for decades (Officials admitted bribing the judges for Roy Jones final fight in the OG 1988), you really think they got the WC 2002 fair and square ? not even mentioning the referees they bribed for the 1/8 and 1/4 finals who got banned for life from FIFA afterwards.

The Gulf war was 1990-91, right when the US were preparing for '94 WC, you ditched history class ? So it doesn't matter if a host country invades an other country for oil but it matters if one among dozens and dozens of other muslims countries is hostile towards the glorified lgbtq "community". That's both dumb and a double standard. My policy is either you condemn everything everywhere or you just shut up. Saying we must condemn a country for its laws when it hosts a "major" event, but when it comes to "minor" yet international renowned event, it is totally fine, that's a great logic lol .....

Like I said, I am not a fan of qatar but if you wanna boycott them, then almost everything else has to be boycotted.

For the rest, it's another topic but yes, i consider qatar's laws as dangerous and dishonest as the lgbtq mob which cancels individuals as soon as they disagree with them and also pushes surgery and castration while promoting gender transitioning to 10-15yo naive and easily influenced kids/teens. Both are horrible but somehow one is harshly criticized by the West while the other receives subventions from most of governments and is glorified by the medias. I could also tell you don't trashtalk qatar if you support blm, KKK or lgbtq.

I dont support anything. Can I trash on Qatar?

6 minutes ago, DeadDexterous said:

Well considering how many of them turned up for both games so far... Then left early during both games so far. Yes I do think they had a reality check.

I think they mentioned they left early for their prayers.

Here's a question to pose for y'all: Not including either CONMEBOL (South America) or UEFA (Europe) which conference zone (AFC - Asia, CAF - Africa, CONCACAF - North and Central America and Caribbeans, OFC - Oceana) do you think will be the next to win a World Cup? You can include this tournament if you want (I wouldn't recommend OFC then) but just in general.

10 minutes ago, Pirelli913 said:

Here's a question to pose for y'all: Not including either CONMEBOL (South America) or UEFA (Europe) which conference zone (AFC - Asia, CAF - Africa, CONCACAF - North and Central America and Caribbeans, OFC - Oceana) do you think will be the next to win a World Cup? You can include this tournament if you want (I wouldn't recommend OFC then) but just in general.

The only football that I follow is The World Cup. I don’t know or watch much aside from that.

Personally, I want Netherlands to win it. I’d love it if Germany could get their shit together, but that’s about it.

10 minutes ago, DeadDexterous said:

Correct decision. Offside Ecuador player was in the line of the keepers view.

I like the Netherlands, glad to see them with a competitive team. My favourite player of all time is actually Ruud van nistelrooy.

Van the man! He’s PSV trainer now. I’m not really into the Dutch competition, I kind of only watch Premier League :)

My all time fav Dutch player would be Dennis Bergkamp or Arjen Robben

Edited by neospoon
  • Like 1

Huge break for the Netherlands.

One of those subjective 50/50 calls that could go either way and in a sport with such low scoring, is often gane-deciding.

The bad part of it for Ecuador is that it had no impact on the goal.  The deflection was going in no matter what.

Ecuador just got the equalizer as it is!  Take that one away lol.