Platinum Difficulty Challenge 2023

42 minutes ago, AgentPenguin08 said:

Finally complied my list! It might see some changes, but for the most part I think I'll be sticking with these games. All difficulties are based off of PSNP.

1/10 - Toem

2/10 - Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One

3/10 - Dark Cloud

4/10 - Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves

5/10 - Assassin's Creed III Remastered

6/10 - ICO

7/10 - Batman: Arkham City (PS4)

8/10 - Cuphead

9/10 - Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time

10/10 - Fall Guys (PS5)

And here are all the badges that apply to me/that I'm going for:

• 7AptHd9.png Above and Beyond - Platinum a game with an official time estimate of 80 or more hours (Crash and Fall Guys)
  • r4ItX2a.png Finally! - Platinum a game that you started 3 or more years ago (ICO)
  • vivrpJz.png Fresh Starter - 6 or more games on your list had 0% progress prior to 2023
  • F5psQ31.png Masochist - More than one game on your list qualifies as a 10/10 (Crash and Fall Guys)
  • PdQrAjI.png OCD - Platinum all 10 games on your list in order 
  • 9ecFreL.png Old School - 3 or more games on your list are remakes, remasters or PS1/PS2/PSP games

Perfect list. Ratings and Badges look good. Good luck! :D

Hey i would like to participate in this as well.

1/10 - The Gardens Between (Indie) ( I have checked the Xbox achievements list and it exactly the same as PS trophies list)

2/10 - Assassins Creed Liberation (Historical)

3/10 - Assassins Creed Rogue (Shooter)

4/10 - Yakuza 6: The Song Of Life (Sport)

5/10 - Assassin's Creed 3 (Sandbox)

6/10 - Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age (Fantasy)

7/10 - Ghostrunner (Science Fiction)

8/10 - Bloodborne (Horror)

9/10 - Hollow Knight (Platform)

10/10 - Trackmania Turbo (Racing)

Badges: 

7AptHd9.png Above and Beyond - Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age

odWe7mC.png Award Winner -Bloodborne

8atwz9Z.png Brownie Points - Final Fantasy XII

vivrpJz.png Fresh Starter - The Gardens Between, Assassins Creed Liberation, Yakuza 6, Final Fantasy XIi, Ghostrunner and Hollow Knight

JIlCrz1.png Jack of All Trades -

zWOwpTP.png Mad Skillz -Trackmania Turbo

F5psQ31.png Masochist - Hollow Knight and Trackmania Turbo

37roFKE.png Murica - Assassin's Creed 3

PdQrAjI.png OCD -

JIHoItq.png One Trick Pony - (genre: Adventure) The Gardens Between. Assassins Creed Liberation, Assassins rogue, Yakuza 6, Assassins 3, Final Fantasy XII

KqPK6IM.png PS4 Master - basically the whole list

F5VKYG6.png Rare Letter - Yakuza 6

1a8HRhZ.png Series Conqueror - Assassins Creed Liberation, Rogue and 3

KDlyQ16.png Spooky - Bloodborne

Edited by tankman_bilal28
A mistake of the link
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, tankman_bilal28 said:

1/10 - The Gardens Between (Indie) ( I have checked the Xbox achievements list and it exactly the same as PS trophies list)

5/10 - Assassins Creed III (Sandbox)

Badges: 

vivrpJz.png Fresh Starter - The Gardens Between, Assassins Creed Liberation, Yakuza 6, Final Fantasy XIi, Ghostrunner and Hollow Knight

PdQrAjI.png OCD -

JIHoItq.png One Trick Pony - (genre: Adventure) The Gardens Between. Assassins Creed Liberation, Assassins rogue, Yakuza 6, Assassins 3, Final Fantasy XII

Holy crap lmao 14 badges on a single list is a new record! That'll be a hard one to complete though. OCD means all plats in a row and you can't platinum Bloodborne until October for Spooky so that's a rough combo. It'll be awesome to see what all crazy stunts people pull off though. Thanks for posting! Looking forward to seeing your progress!

On 12/3/2022 at 6:20 PM, Rebourne07 said:

@Laburnski Awesome, I think that's the most badges I've seen stacked on one list lol And you'd also qualify for odWe7mC.png Award Winner because of Divinity Original Sin 2 so that'd put you at 12 badges in a single list!

Oh good too know : ) i'll add that too then and also 37roFKE.png Murica - Platinum a game set anywhere in the United States in July, completely missed this before ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tankman_bilal28 said:

5/10 - Assassins Creed III (Sandbox)

Badges: 

PdQrAjI.png OCD -

Just wanted to let you know you have Assassins Creed III as a 5/10, but the trophy guide shows it as a 6 ? May as well get yourself a higher difficulty or an easier 5/10 

• Like 1

Making some changes and locking stuff in.  I wasn't super pleased with my list to begin with, so I'd like to smooth it out.  Also, thanks to @Rebourne07 for pointing out the badge I was just barely missing.

1/10 - TOEM (PS5) - PSNProfiles *NEW to me*

2/10 - What Remains of Edith Finch (PS5) - PSNProfiles
3/10 - Biomutant (PS5) - PSNProfiles *NEW to me*

4/10 - Soul Hackers 2 (PS5) - PSNProfiles

5/10 - Final Fantasy 7 Remake (PS5) - PSNProfiles 
6/10 - Disco Elysium (PS5) - PSNProfiles *NEW to me*

7/10 - Blasphemous (PS4) - PSNProfiles*NEW to me*
8/10 - Dragon Age: Inquisition (PS4) - PSNProfiles 

9/10 - Tetris Effect (PS4) - PSNProfiles 

10/10 - Ikaruga (PS4) - PSNProfiles

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Rebourne07 said:

Holy crap lmao 14 badges on a single list is a new record! That'll be a hard one to complete though. OCD means all plats in a row and you can't platinum Bloodborne until October for Spooky so that's a rough combo. It'll be awesome to see what all crazy stunts people pull off though. Thanks for posting! Looking forward to seeing your progress!

Is it ok to combine Jack of All Trades and One Trick Pony in one list? I thouth if u choose genre for Jack of All Trades u can't change it for One Trick Pony.

Just now, temp-381229 said:

Is it ok to combine Jack of All Trades and One Trick Pony in one list? I thouth if u choose genre for Jack of All Trades u can't change it for One Trick Pony.

I thought about that when I made them actually lol I imagine it'd be very hard to find a list of 10 games that meets the qualifications for both, but it's definitely possible. If you can prove that among the 10 they each have one unique genre/theme that none of the others have AND that among 6+ of the 10 there's a common genre/theme, you can earn both in one list :)

5 minutes ago, Rebourne07 said:

I thought about that when I made them actually lol I imagine it'd be very hard to find a list of 10 games that meets the qualifications for both, but it's definitely possible. If you can prove that among the 10 they each have one unique genre/theme that none of the others have AND that among 6+ of the 10 there's a common genre/theme, you can earn both in one list :)

Not so hard. Action / Adventure is crazy common genre.

44 minutes ago, temp-381229 said:

Not so hard. Action / Adventure is crazy common genre.

? I didn't think about that one. Then yeah, that's cool. Definitely stackable.

I think if anyone went for the all badges category it'd boil down to the only badges that are truly unstackable which are:

Q5AKg6t.png PS3 Master

KqPK6IM.png PS4 Master

sU2THm9.png PS5 Master

xnwSrVh.png Minesweeper

Vita Master can be in with any of the other System Master badges and VR Master can come naturally with PS4 or PS5 Master...so technically speaking, if you did 1st System Master, 2nd System Master, Minesweeper then a Bronze tier 3rd System Master list that'd be the shortest route to all badges. So 3.7 lists with perfect game selection around badges. But that's still hella beefy, 3 8s, 3 9s and 3 10s lol

Edited by Rebourne07

On 01.12.2022 at 10:55 PM, Rebourne07 said:

Shameless - Auto-pop 3 or more games on your list

• Any auto-pop counts
  • Partial auto-pop games count if your time-to-platinum is less than 24hrs

1 more question here.

Is save transfer without any auto-pop equal partial auto-pop if time-to-platinum is less than 24hrs? Like Dark Pictures Little Hope, where u can load any chapter, get trophy, load another one etc

Edited by temp-381229

Just now, temp-381229 said:

1 more question here.

Is save transfer without any auto-pop equal partial auto-pop if time-to-platinum is less than 24hrs? Like Dark Pictures Little Hope, where u can load any chapter, get trophy, load another one etc

Yeah that works, that's very similar to partial auto-pop since the trophies pop without re-meeting the full requirements. 

1 hour ago, Salamandxrs said:

Rebourne07, can you tell me for 

• XYD6tMN.png Hardcore - 7 or more games on your list have Ultra Rare platinums at the time of finishing your list

is it on psnprofile or just psn ?

if yes there could be 11 badges in a run

Good point, I need to clarify that these have to be Ultra Rare on PSNProfiles. Most platinums are UR on PSN so the badge wouldn't have much worth if we used PSN numbers. 

On 12/1/2022 at 0:55 PM, Rebourne07 said:

Hardcore - 7 or more games on your list have Ultra Rare platinums at the time of finishing your list

• This goes hand in hand with The Ultra Rare Cleanup challenge
  • Rarity will be checked for each platinum whenever you tag me to say you've earned the badge
  • The rarity must be the PSNProfiles rarity, not the PSN rarity
    • For example, this game would not count:
      • 4Ij0Xum.png eyohQy1.png
    • But this game would count:
      • mjXFwcT.png

Updated the rules to be more clear. Thank you @AgentPenguin08

Edited by Rebourne07

I have a question about using a site that have both user vote difficulty and trophy guide difficulty for the same game. 

When using said site to define the difficulty, we are forced to use the guide difficulty instead of the vote difficulty if both are available?

My practical case is Blades of Time for PS3.

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/forum/1176-blades-of-time/

From all the listed sites, this game only has ratings on ps3t.org, and in there it has the following ratings:

- Trophy Guide: "4/10 (personal estimate)" - That's a direct quote of the guide 

- Voting thread average: 4.54 (of 24 results, although 2 of them are clear outliers, since there's an 8 and a 10, while the other 22 scores are in the 3-5 range)

- Voting thread most frequent result: 3 (9 of the 24 voters)

With this what are the "valid" or "legal" numbers to use?

I ask this as a general question, the game that I mention just happens to be the one that I'm currently playing, not planned for this event. 

This is also related with my compilation of scores from my backlog games, and because it looks like that only ps3t.org and PSNProfiles have guides ot difficulty ratings for the PS3 games in good quantity.

6 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

I have a question about using a site that have both user vote difficulty and trophy guide difficulty for the same game. 

When using said site to define the difficulty, we are forced to use the guide difficulty instead of the vote difficulty if both are available?

My practical case is Blades of Time for PS3.

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/forum/1176-blades-of-time/

From all the listed sites, this game only has ratings on ps3t.org, and in there it has the following ratings:

- Trophy Guide: "4/10 (personal estimate)" - That's a direct quote of the guide 

- Voting thread average: 4.54 (of 24 results, although 2 of them are clear outliers, since there's an 8 and a 10, while the other 22 scores are in the 3-5 range)

- Voting thread most frequent result: 3 (9 of the 24 voters)

With this what are the "valid" or "legal" numbers to use?

I ask this as a general question, the game that I mention just happens to be the one that I'm currently playing, not planned for this event. 

This is also related with my compilation of scores from my backlog games, and because it looks like that only ps3t.org and PSNProfiles have guides ot difficulty ratings for the PS3 games in good quantity.

Great question, the answer is from the numbers you quoted there this game can be counted as a 3, 4, or 5. It can't be counted as a 1-2 or a 6-10 unless those ratings were presented. 

So basically you can take any of those values since they are either an official guide writer estimate or a community poll result. The kind of stuff that doesn't count is "I know the guide says this is a 6, but it took me 100hrs or I died a million times so I say its a 10" or if you quote some random guy on a forum anywhere that writes a novel on why his personal difficulty estimate should be considered better than the official guide or poll result. Those don't count. 

Hope that helps :)