Platinum Difficulty Challenge 2023

34 minutes ago, Rebourne07 said:

Welcome to the challenge! And yeah, good catch, FFxDQ counts for the challenge too since its a true FF, even if it's JP only. 

Thanks! I'll see next year since it has the same difficulty than Ragnarok. I edited my original post but I'll make an update if I finish a game. Good luck everyone!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MissShake said:

EDIT: Redid the layout :D

1 - We Are OFK

2 - Life is Strange: Before the Storm Remastered

3 - It Takes Two

4 - Tormented Souls

5 - Final Fantasy X

6 - Resident Evil 2

7 - Catherine: Full Body

8 - Blazblue: Chronophantasma EXTEND

9 - Hollow Knight

10 - Injustice: Gods Among Us

7AptHd9.png Above and Beyond: Final Fantasy X

ooGdkjJ.png Award Winner: Final Fantasy X, Tormented Souls

8atwz9Z.png Brownie Points: Final Fantasy X

r4ItX2a.png Finally!: Catherine: Full Body, Final Fantasy X, Injustice: Gods Among Us, Resident Evil 2

vivrpJz.png Fresh Starter: Hollow Knight, It Takes Two, Life is Strange: Before the Storm Remastered, Tormented Souls, We Are OFK

JSFZuQf.png Love Bird: We Are OFK

zWOwpTP.png Mad Skillz: Blazblue Chronophantasma EXTEND, Injustice: Gods Among Us

37roFKE.png Murica: Catherine: Full Body, Life is Strange: Before the Storm Remastered, Resident Evil 2

KDlyQ16.png Spooky: Resident Evil 2, Tormented Souls

Of course this is tentative, but we'll see how I manage in 2023 :D

GREAT list, love it! Love that you're targeting so many badges too! 

I really appreciate you laying out your badges like this cause it helps me see some flaws in my badges explanations so I'll fix those.

1. A badge is awarded to a list, not a game. So you look at the number of games required on each badge. So stuff like the r4ItX2a.png Finally! badge, you can get that badge from 1 game on your list. So any 1 of the 4 games you have listed there would work. And a badge is only awarded once per list, so if you're going for as many badges as possible, you'd split those 4 games across multiple lists so you earn that badge every time.
  2. vivrpJz.png Fresh Starter is a badge that requires all 10 games on your list to quality. Looks like every badge you have posted there is a single game badge except for Fresh Starter, so it's the only one you couldn't earn with your current list.
  3. You actually qualify for the F5psQ31.png Masochist badge, because both your 9 and your 10 could technically count as 10s. 
  4. You also qualify for the 9ecFreL.png Old School badge because you have 3 or more remakes/remasters on your list.

There may be more you qualify for so, those are just the ones I see offhand, keep looking :D

Edited by Rebourne07

4 minutes ago, Rebourne07 said:
  1. A badge is awarded to a list, not a game. So you look at the number of games required on each badge. So stuff like the r4ItX2a.png Finally! badge, you can get that badge from 1 game on your list. So any 1 of the 4 games you have listed there would work. And a badge is only awarded once per list, so if you're going for as many badges as possible, you'd split those 4 games across multiple lists so you earn that badge every time.

Yeah I understand that, I'm just putting down multiple games for one badge in case I sub things out. It'll make it easier for me to figure out what games I might wanna change :)

Thanks for clarifying that about Fresh Starter! I'm not enough of a masochist to go through that one, oops lol

Edited by MissShake
  • Like 1

I'm just dropping my name in..

Got 7 out of 10 this year, so, I expect to improve on it.. I will later look at what may be my list, although I will likely name the same ones for 7/8/9, since they were in my backlog and still are in my backlog.. The 10 will be an annoying deal, since my more realistically achievable 10, was SFV that I got this year.. but maybe some research will help with that..

Still, no real plans for 2023 as of now outside FF7R Crisis Core, and if there's a new Bingo Bonanza, I will join it, and it will at least help clarifying the 1-6 difficulty range, since that's where most of my games difficulty sit at..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, boorish_brute said:

Here's mine.

1/10 - Donut County

2/10 - 13 Sentinels Aegis Rim

3/10 - GTA Vice City Definitive Edition

4/10 - Outer Wilds

5/10 - The Elder Scroll V: Skyrim

6/10 - Hades

7/10 - Yakuza 0

8/10 - Bloodborne

9/10 - Returnal

10/10 - Hollow Knight

Awesome list, got some great games on there. 

From a quick glance I see your list would qualify for the ooGdkjJ.png Award Winner badge since Hades or Bloodborne have trophy guides that won PSNProfiles awards. If you're interested in seeing what other badges your list might win, check out the badges section of the main post.

20 minutes ago, MissShake said:

Yeah I understand that, I'm just putting down multiple games for one badge in case I sub things out. It'll make it easier for me to figure out what games I might wanna change :)

Awesome, good plan :D

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Copanele said:

I initially wanted to say that there's no Final Fantasy game that I would play...but then I remember Stranger of Paradise Final Fantasy Origin is an option xD that game is Nioh with Limp Bizkit soundtrack so I'd definitely give it a go1f602.png

Now, thanks to the meddling of a certain @MissShake...I decided to revamp my list a bit xD Writing it here so I won't forget it:

1/10 - Xblaze Lost Memories

2/10 - Phantom Breaker Omnia

3/10 - Tekken Tag Tournament 2

4/10 - Dead or Alive 6

5/10 - Soul Calibur 6

6/10 - Street Fighter x Tekken

7/10 - Yakuza 5

8/10 - Demon Souls (JP Version)

9/10 - Street Fighter 4

10/10 - Dead or Alive 5

It's "unfortunate" that I've been this busy with fighting games the past year, but for 2023 I would kinda want to aim for as many FGs as possible for this particular list (or at least fighting game related in the case of the 1/10 - Xblaze is a VN spinoff for Blazblue series). Like that, I will also clean up any backloggery that I stacked until now.

Sadly I found nothing fg related for 7/10 and 8/10...will have to search more.

You sure love fighting games. Street Fighter would be too difficult for me. 

• Like 1

Always a pleasure, @Rebourne07! Thanks for the heads up on this challenge, was looking forward to this! Obviously, this is subject to change but with the amount of badges I'm attempting, I'm more likely not going to change it up much lol.

All of these feel pretty solid except for maybe Lego Jurassic World, not sure if I wanna do that one yet.

1/10 - Pantsu Hunter: Back to the 90s
2/10 - Lego Jurassic World PS4
3/10 - Adventures of Mana
4/10 - Resident Evil 6
5/10 - Resident Evil
6/10 - Resident Evil 5
7/10 - Outlast 2
8/10 - Final Fantasy IX
9/10 - Darkest Dungeon
10/10 - Hollow Knight

Badges Currently Attempting:

7AptHd9.png Above and Beyond - Darkest Dungeon
ooGdkjJ.png Award Winner - Final Fantasy IX
8atwz9Z.png Brownie Points - Final Fantasy IX
vivrpJz.png Fresh Starter - All games are either at 0% or haven't been started (unless I'm stupid and load one up before the end of the year lol)
JSFZuQf.png Love Bird - Pantsu Hunter: Back to the 90s
9ecFreL.png Old School - Final Fantasy IX, Resident Evil, Resident Evil 5
JIHoItq.png One Trick Pony - (ADVENTURE) Resident Evil, Resident Evil 5, Resident Evil 6, Final Fantasy IX, Adventures of Mana, Hollow Knight
KqPK6IM.png PS4 Master - Resident Evil, Resident Evil 5, Resident Evil 6, Final Fantasy IX, Outlast 2, Hollow Knight
F5VKYG6.png Rare Letter - Outlast 2
1a8HRhZ.png Series Conquerer - Resident Evil, Resident Evil 5, Resident Evil 6
kHuhNg6.png Vita Master - Pantsu Hunter: Back to the 90s, Adventures of Mana, Darkest Dungeon

Edited by TheCunchPuncher
  • Like 3

Just drop my list here:

1. Donut Country

2. What Remains of Edith Finch

3. Yakuza 6

4. Yakuza Kiwami 2

5. Yakuza: Like A Dragon

6. Yakuza 4

7. Yakuza 0

8. Yakuza 3

9. Back 4 Blood

10. Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout

Planning to start playing Yakuza series next year, so this explain why so many Yakuza games on the list lmao.

Badges:

7AptHd9.png Above and Beyond: Yakuza 4

vivrpJz.png Fresh Starter

9ecFreL.png Old School: Yakuza 3, Yakuza 4, Yakuza Kimawi 2

F5VKYG6.png Rare Letter: Yakuza 6

1a8HRhZ.png Series Conqueror: Yakuza 3, Yakuza 4, Yakuza  6

KqPK6IM.png PS4 Master: All are PS4 games

JIHoItq.png One Trick Pony: Yakuza 0, Yakuza Kiwami 2, Yakuza 3, Yakuza 4, Yakuza 6, Yakuza: Like A Dragon

Edited by James Tiger
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Jeanoltt said:

I'll join this even if I know I won't ever complete the event, there's a few games I'll try next year and the coincidence is most of them have different numbers, so let's see:

1/10 - Virginia

2/10 - Life is Strange: True Colors

3/10 - Marvel's Spider-Man

4/10 - God of War: Ragnarok

5/10 - Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory

6/10 - Hades

7/10 - Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster

8/10 - Gran Turismo 7

9/10 - Overwatch: Legendary Edition

10/10 - Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout

That's the list, a mix of games I've been playing and some I'll 100% play next year since I want to focus in fewer games/more quality. Subject to change.

Except for Gran Turismo 7, KH, FFX, and Overwatch, all games are based on PSNP difficulty.

BADGES:

7AptHd9.png Above and Beyond (Gran Turismo 7, Final Fantasy X)

Date Earned: - - - -

ooGdkjJ.png Award Winner (Hades)

8atwz9Z.png Brownie Points (Final Fantasy X)

vivrpJz.png Fresh Starter (Every game except for Hades, Marvel's Spider-Man, and Fall Guys)

zWOwpTP.png  Mad Skillz (Gran Turismo 7)

37roFKE.png  Murica (Let's try with Life is Strange: True Colors)

KqPK6IM.png  PS4 Master (Every game)

Like I said I'll do my best but if I finish with half of the list I'll be proud1f605.png

Great list!!! Two notes on your badges. 1) vivrpJz.png Fresh Starter requires all 10 games to be 0% progress so you wouldn't qualify for that one. 2) You do qualify for F5psQ31.png Masochist since both Overwatch can also be counted as a 10. 3) You also qualify for F5VKYG6.png Rare Letter because of Overwatch.

Edited by Rebourne07
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, James Tiger said:

Just drop my list here:

1. Donut Country

3. Yakuza 6

4. Yakuza Kiwami 2

6. Yakuza 4

7. Yakuza 0

8. Yakuza 3

9. Back 4 Blood

Planning to start playing Yakuza series next year, so this explain why so many Yakuza games on the list lmao.

Badges:

ooGdkjJ.png Award Winner: Back 4 Blood

Mini games in Yakuza 3 are brutal. That’s what everyone tells me.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TheCunchPuncher said:

Always a pleasure, @Rebourne07! Thanks for the heads up on this challenge, was looking forward to this! Obviously, this is subject to change but with the amount of badges I'm attempting, I'm more likely not going to change it up much lol.

All of these feel pretty solid except for maybe Lego Jurassic World, not sure if I wanna do that one yet.

1/10 - Pantsu Hunter: Back to the 90s
2/10 - Lego Jurassic World PS4
3/10 - Adventures of Mana
4/10 - Resident Evil 6
5/10 - Resident Evil
6/10 - Resident Evil 5
7/10 - Outlast 2
8/10 - Final Fantasy IX
9/10 - Darkest Dungeon
10/10 - Hollow Knight

Badges Currently Attempting:

7AptHd9.png Above and Beyond - Darkest Dungeon
ooGdkjJ.png Award Winner - Final Fantasy IX
8atwz9Z.png Brownie Points - Final Fantasy IX
vivrpJz.png Fresh Starter - All games are either at 0% or haven't been started (unless I'm stupid and load one up before the end of the year lol)
JSFZuQf.png Love Bird - Pantsu Hunter: Back to the 90s
9ecFreL.png Old School - Final Fantasy IX, Resident Evil, Resident Evil 5
JIHoItq.png One Trick Pony - (ADVENTURE) Resident Evil, Resident Evil 5, Resident Evil 6, Final Fantasy IX, Adventures of Mana, Hollow Knight
KqPK6IM.png PS4 Master - Resident Evil, Resident Evil 5, Resident Evil 6, Final Fantasy IX, Outlast 2, Hollow Knight
F5VKYG6.png Rare Letter - Outlast 2
1a8HRhZ.png Series Conqueror - Resident Evil, Resident Evil 5, Resident Evil 6
kHuhNg6.png Vita Master - Pantsu Hunter: Back to the 90s, Adventures of Mana, Darkest Dungeon

Heck yeah dude! Love to see that 1a8HRhZ.png Series Conqueror badge! And kHuhNg6.png Vita Master! :D

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, James Tiger said:

Just drop my list here:

1. Donut Country

3. Yakuza 6

4. Yakuza Kiwami 2

6. Yakuza 4

7. Yakuza 0

8. Yakuza 3

9. Back 4 Blood

Badges:

ooGdkjJ.png Award Winner: Back 4 Blood

Awesome! On vivrpJz.png Fresh Starter, do you have any progress on any of these games? If so you wouldn't qualify for that one. Another one you may qualify for though is JIHoItq.png One Trick Pony because I'm pretty sure those 6 Yakuza games would all share at least one genre/theme. You'd have to check though.

5 minutes ago, Rebourne07 said:

Awesome! On vivrpJz.png Fresh Starter, do you have any progress on any of these games? If so you wouldn't qualify for that one. Another one you may qualify for though is JIHoItq.png One Trick Pony because I'm pretty sure those 6 Yakuza games would all share at least one genre/theme. You'd have to check though.

All 10 games are new game for me, so I think I am qualify for that one.

And for One Trick Pony, just check all 6 Yakuza games have "Action" theme, thanks for reminding me!

Quick update relevant to the odWe7mC.png Award Winner badge. Someone pointed out to me that the blue badges are given out 70 per year...lol which would mean almost everyone would earn that badge without trying. So the badge will only be awarded to Gold, Silver and Bronze PSNProfiles Guides of the Year winners, not the blue EHQ ones. I apologize for the confusion. I have it written in the rules that no change to badge criteria will be allowed after January 1st, 2023. So if anyone else has any ideas for badge improvements or rule clarifications, now's the time, thanks!

Here's a full list of qualifying games for that badge:

2021 - 1st: Final Fantasy XIV, 2nd: Hades, 3rd: Control

2020 - 1st: Trails of Cold Steel IV, 2nd: Demon's Souls, 3rd: Divinity: Original Sin 2, I Am Bread, Persona 5 Royal, Last of Us II (Tie)

2019 - 1st: Crypt of the Necrodancer, 2nd: Persona 5 Walkthrough, 3rd: Tokyo Xanadu

2018 - 1st: Monster Hunter World, 2nd: Final Fantasy IX, 3rd: Ni No Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom

2017 - 1st: Danganronpa V3, 2nd: Persona 5 Trophy Guide, 3rd: The Witness

2016 - 1st: Trails of Cold Steel I, 2nd: Fallout 4, 3rd: Transformers: Devastation

2015 - 1st: Dragon Age: Inquisition, 2nd: Bloodborne, 3rd: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

2014 - 1st: Gran Turismo 5, 2nd: Final Fantasy X: 3rd: Puppeteer

*When the 2022 winners are voted on and decided, I'll add them here.

Edited by Rebourne07
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Rebourne07 said:

Great list!!! Two notes on your badges. 1) vivrpJz.png Fresh Starter requires all 10 games to be 0% progress so you wouldn't qualify for that one. 2) You do qualify for F5psQ31.png Masochist since both Overwatch can also be counted as a 10. 3) You also qualify for F5VKYG6.png Rare Letter because of Overwatch.

Copy. I misunderstood the Fresh Starter for some reason thinking it only required 6, but it makes sense. Tomorrow I'll update it with those badges.

Edited by Jeanoltt

Decided on this a month or so ago. Won't bother making a full list since it'll change around, but I do want to do another gimmick like I did this year for the two Shadow of the Colossus games. So I'm planning on running through the Doom series. At least until the first two's hardest mode makes me ragequit.

3. Doom 4 (2016)

4. Doom 5 (Eternal)

7. Doom

9. Doom 3

10. Doom 2

All on PS4. That outta be a few badges as is. (Finally with Doom 4, Old School if ports count, PS4, Series, Spooky if I plat one in October, doesn't Masochist count since some lists give Doom 1 a 10?)  I can't wait to regret this!

Also you accidentally left my bronze tier ranking in the 2022 list.

Edited by ZLordofAwesome
  • Like 2

Decided to offer my two cents to this one. Hopefully I can finally pull through with this friendly event and not bail out or procrastinate like I’ve done with other events.

1/10: Virginia

2/10: Dante’s Inferno

3/10: Beyond Two Souls

4/10: The Last of Us Remastered

5/10: Darksiders II

6/10: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

7/10: Dark Souls Remastered

8/10: Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty

9/10: The Evil Within

10/10: Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus

Solid list here. Bunch of D letter games, it is what it is. The only game I don’t actually have is Virginia, though it gets put on sale often and it’s a game I’ve been wanting to play for several years. 

Metal Gear Solid 2 is the only game I started, but I simply won’t have enough time to finish it before December 31st, 2022. I will have time to tackle it this coming year, as will all the other games on this list. 

Badges on the other hand…. you guys will have to help me out on those.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ZLordofAwesome said:

Decided on this a month or so ago. Won't bother making a full list since it'll change around, but I do want to do another gimmick like I did this year for the two Shadow of the Colossus games. So I'm planning on running through the Doom series. At least until the first two's hardest mode makes me ragequit.

3. Doom 4 (2016)

4. Doom 5 (Eternal)

7. Doom

9. Doom 3

10. Doom 2

All on PS4. That outta be a few badges as is. (Finally with Doom 4, Old School if ports count, PS4, Series, Spooky if I plat one in October, doesn't Masochist count since some lists give Doom 1 a 10?)  I can't wait to regret this!

Also you accidentally left my bronze tier ranking in the 2022 list.

Great choice to do the whole Doom series. You've got more balls than me to take them on, I've heard Doom 1 and 2 are BEASTS!

For 9ecFreL.png Old School - Yes ports count as long as it's like an upgrade port. So like Hades PS4/5 edition is a PC Port to Playstation...that doesn't count. But Doom games are all significant upgrades from their previous versions, to the point of being more than ports but remasters even without the title, so yeah they count.

For KDlyQ16.png Spooky - I was surprised to see when I checked that all Doom games have the Horror IGDB tag so yeah that works. Doom 2 doesn't...but one it doesn't have any meta data at all...two it's the same as the others so I'd definitely count it

For F5psQ31.png Masochist - Yes you are correct, the Doom 1 and Doom 2 combo qualifies for that

You could also earn JIHoItq.png One Trick Pony if you do those 5 Doom games plus one more Shooter, Action or Horror game to get the full 6. 

Good luck man, great list. 

1 hour ago, AJ_Radio said:

Decided to offer my two cents to this one. Hopefully I can finally pull through with this friendly event and not bail out or procrastinate like I’ve done with other events.

1/10: Virginia

2/10: Dante’s Inferno

3/10: Beyond Two Souls

4/10: The Last of Us Remastered

5/10: Darksiders II

6/10: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

7/10: Dark Souls Remastered

8/10: Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty

9/10: The Evil Within

10/10: Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus

Solid list here. Bunch of D letter games, it is what it is. The only game I don’t actually have is Virginia, though it gets put on sale often and it’s a game I’ve been wanting to play for several years. 

Metal Gear Solid 2 is the only game I started, but I simply won’t have enough time to finish it before December 31st, 2022. I will have time to tackle it this coming year, as will all the other games on this list. 

Badges on the other hand…. you guys will have to help me out on those.

Looks great man! I'll warn you now though. of my 250+ platinums including many very rare and difficult ones...I swear MGS2 is my hardest in my opinion so you're in for a real challenge! Masterpiece of a game though and it deserves the effort!

For badges, lemme see...

9ecFreL.png Old School - The Last of Us RemasteredDark Souls RemasteredMetal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty

F5psQ31.png Masochist - The Evil WithinWolfenstein II: The New Colossus

KqPK6IM.png PS4 Master - Looks like 6+ PS4 games on there if I'm assuming their systems correctly

JIHoItq.png One Trick Pony - You might earn this one...looks like lots of Action games but you'd have to look for that to see

KDlyQ16.png Spooky - If you do Dante’s InfernoThe Last of Us RemasteredDark Souls Remastered, or The Evil Within in October

That's what I see at a glance, but you'd have to dig around and see if there's more. 

1 hour ago, Jeanoltt said:

Copy. I misunderstood the Fresh Starter for some reason thinking it only required 6, but it makes sense. Tomorrow I'll update it with those badges.

You know...I think you're actually right that Fresh Starter would work better as a 6 game badge. It'd still stack well with other badges and still be difficult to achieve, but not as restrictive. K, I'll change it to 6 for everyone's sake. Thank you. 

• Like 1