Platinum Difficulty Challenge 2023

@Rebourne07 I have an Idea for a Future Badge for you.......

Jedi Master = Platinum a Star Wars related game on May 4th   (aka Start Wars day - May the 4th be with you)

This Idea comes from a personal challenge i am actually doing this year where i am planning to Platinum 18 different Star Wars related games on May 4th 

I will be getting all the games up to withing 1 Trophy and then popping them all on this day. So for this challenge you wont actually see me complete any of my Lists that have a Star Wars game in it until at least that day LOL

@Seydie_ Great list! FFX also gets you the Award Winner badge

@MattbluePT Awesome list. Good luck on FFIX. I recommend using the Remote Play exploit on the jump rope trophy. Trying it legit would be...horrendous ? Two questions, 1) Is your 1 the telltale GotG or the third person shooter GotG? Also, Jak 3 for the Rare Letter badge? Looks like Jak 3 was removed :)

@DazzaFett Nice, love the idea. I'll put it on the future badges list. I'll probably make it all of May. May the 4th would be the obvious choice but I could see people complaining to me that they were sick or out of town on the one day lol That's freaking nuts you'll get 18 platinums in one day with that! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rebourne07 said:

@MattbluePT Awesome list. Good luck on FFIX. I recommend using the Remote Play exploit on the jump rope trophy. Trying it legit would be...horrendous ? Two questions, 1) Is your 1 the telltale GotG or the third person shooter GotG? Also, Jak 3 for the Rare Letter badge? Looks like Jak 3 was removed :)

To answer the first question, I saw this game written here and went blindly on it, without remembering there were two versions, and I only own the one with 3/10 difficulty, so I changed my 1/10 to Suicide Guy. ?

Also, as you said, I have removed Jak 3 and forgot to edit, so I'm going to use Ys Origin for it, as it was already on the list and also fits.

Related to the jump rope trophy, I must confess I have never played that game but from the minute the game and trophy list came out, I've been eager to give it a try ? Let's see how it goes

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rebourne07 said:

@DazzaFettNice, love the idea. I'll put it on the future badges list. I'll probably make it all of May. May the 4th would be the obvious choice but I could see people complaining to me that they were sick or out of town on the one day lol That's freaking nuts you'll get 18 platinums in one day with that! 

Well I hope to get 18 Platinums plus 4 other games that dont have a Platinum to 100% that day so it will be 22 games being completed on May 4th,  It could have been more as there are 23 possible Platinums but i have 5 of the Platinums already. What i will do tho is make a few Difficulty challenge Lists and spread the games across them as a lot will share the same difficulty. Then it will be a case of how many of those Lists would i be able to complete by the end of the year. I will be happy with 4 but will aim for 5 as i have earned 40 Plats so far in 2022 with one more pending and i am challenging myself to try and get 50 Plats in 2023.  Being that i dont play shovelwhere games its not going to be easy to hit that target and if i do it purely by the games in this challenge thats a lot of 9 and 10 difficulties i need to try and fit in LOL

Edited by DazzaFett
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, DazzaFett said:

Well I hope to get 18 Platinums plus 4 other games that dont have a Platinum to 100% that day so it will be 22 games being completed on May 4th,  It could have been more as there are 23 possible Platinums but i have 5 of the Platinums already. What i will do tho is make a few Difficulty challenge Lists and spread the games across them as a lot will share the same difficulty. Then it will be a case of how many of those Lists would i be able to complete by the end of the year. I will be happy with 4 but will aim for 5 as i have earned 40 Plats so far in 2022 with one more pending and i am challenging myself to try and get 50 Plats in 2023.  Being that i dont play shovelwhere games its not going to be easy to hit that target and if i do it purely by the games in this challenge thats a lot of 9 and 10 difficulties i need to try and fit in LOL

Dang man you have some seriously ambitious goals! The most lists completed for last years challenge was 2.9 so 5 would be mind blowing lol 

11 hours ago, temp-381229 said:

@Rebourne07 What do u think about add one more prize like opportunity to come up with personal badge in the next year challenge? It's great prize for "Max badges in single list" category or current one maybe?)

That'd be a cool, but I already kinda give that away. Like I got half my badge ideas from others this time and I'm open to new badge ideas for next year anytime. Got a running list of them. 

9 hours ago, Rebourne07 said:

Dang man you have some seriously ambitious goals! The most lists completed for last years challenge was 2.9 so 5 would be mind blowing lol 

Yeah 5 really is a tough challenge but its good to aim high.  At a really quick glance at the 41 Platinums i have earned during 2022 i would have completed 2 lists fully and had 2 other lists both completed to 7/10 with 7 games left over for repeat difficulties without thinking or planning for a challenge like this or even spending time now to see if they could be optimised by changing any of the difficulties based on other sites as i have only every used PSNP and PST to judge their difficulty.

In all honesty its the Fun of the challenge that is the most important thing so as long as i enjoy myself and the games i choose then even completing 1 List will be a great achievement but i am confident that i would be able to push myself and have a good chance to complete 3 lists in 2023, Its best to aim high tho and as i am trying to go for 50 Plats in 2023 then with some good planning on what games to play it will be interesting to see what i end up with.

I would however really like to get the Minesweeper Badge tho as to me that sounds like its the most challenging to complete and much harder than just completing 1 List with multiple badges.

I have come close to putting a Minesweeper List together a few times now based on my back catalogue of games but there always seems to be 1 other badge that ruins it. Especially One Trick Pony as i never realised how many games in my collection were classed as Action so trying to find a list with no more than 5 of them is proving quite difficult when also trying to avoid one of the Master badges as well. ? 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Psy-Tychist said:

Has anyone got the Minesweeper badge on their list yet?

Hmm, I have a doubt that the 1200 games in my backlog will all be represented, but going for Minesweeper would be fun.

I am trying to get a List together for Minesweeper but its proving very difficult so certaily is a challenge.  I have over 850 games in my backlog library but i have not had the time to look up the stats on them all yet so will continue trying.

The main reason i really want to do Minesweeper is that its seems to be possibly the hardest badge to get so i thnk thats a cool challenge within a challenge.

I wont be able to get a complete set of Badges anyway as i refuse to Autopop Trophies so the Shameless badge is technically unobtainable for me.

I probably wont go for Rare Genre either just due to the game types.

Also i have never written or part written a Guide either so i would not be abe to get that Badge.

Edited by DazzaFett

1 - My Name Is Mayo 3

2 - Astro's Playroom

3 - Beyond: Two Souls

4 - God of War 3

5 - Puppeteer

6 - Fire Pro Wrestling World

7 - Crash Bandicoot

8 - Yakuza 3

9 - Sekiro

10 - I Am Bread

Didn't take as long as I thought it would to put a list together, the resources list was very helpful as I would have struggled to do a full list of only PSNP ratings again 

I'll see what badges I end up with naturally as I'm not planning on putting any real focus into them but they're definitely a cool addition from last year

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Copanele said:

So...if it will help someone, apparently Sifu is rated as a 7/10 on this site xD I believe it counts for the event too, since it's PlatGet

In case anyone was searching for a 7/10 as I was.

Thanks! I’ll add that to the Resources tab. 

Also for everyone interested, Final Fantasy Crisis Core Reunion has been rated much higher than expected by PowerPyx at 5.5 so it can be counted as a 5 or 6.

Edited by Rebourne07

Cool, that you're doing this event again this year. I looked at it a bit last time, but I was 1: already in a year spanning event and 2: kind of scared at the prospect of difficulty 9 and 10 games. But this year, I found some games that I think I'll be able to complete and I'll join in as well, though my preemptive list is going to look weird.

❌ 1/10: -

❌ 2/10: Jazzpunk: Director's Cut or River City Girls Zero

❌ 3/10: The Flower Shop: Summer in Fairbrook

❌ 4/10: -

❌ 5/10: -

❌ 6/10: -

❌ 7/10: Final Fantasy X HD

❌ 8/10: Blood Drive

❌ 9/10: Wargroove

❌ 10/10: Scene It? Bright Lights! Big Screen!

The big thing you'll notice on this list is all of the empty spaces, but there's a specific reason for that; I'm aiming for the Carpe Diem challenge. One of those will be a PS+ selection and, to widen the possibilities a bit, I'm leaving 4 to 6 blank currently until I see one of the games I can beat (between February and October). The empty 1/10 is a just in case a 1/10 is in the January selection.

Planned badges are as follow (got plans for the empty challenges, but need to confirm them whenever I do the PS+ one):

• 7AptHd9.png Above and Beyond - Final Fantasy X HD
  • odWe7mC.png Award Winner - Final Fantasy X HD
  • 8atwz9Z.png Brownie Points - Still Final Fantasy X HD
  • pTTpVe6.png Carpe Diem -
  • r4ItX2a.png Finally! - Scene It? Bright Lights! Big Screen!
  • vivrpJz.png Fresh Starter -
  • JIlCrz1.png Jack of All Trades -
  • JSFZuQf.png Love Bird - The Flower Shop: Summer in Fairbrook
  • zWOwpTP.png Mad Skillz - Blood Drive (which counts for both)
  • 37roFKE.png Murica -
  • PdQrAjI.png OCD - Platinum all 10 games on your list in order
  • 9ecFreL.png Old School -
  • JIHoItq.png One Trick Pony -
  • KqPK6IM.png PS4 Master -
  • rusKixo.png Rare Genre - The Flower Shop: Summer in Fairbrook
  • F5VKYG6.png Rare Letter -
  • KDlyQ16.png Spooky - Blood Drive

I do have a question and a comment.

Question: Is Jazzpunk: Director's Cut valid for the Old School challenge? Technically, it's an updated version of the original PC release with new content released 2½ years later on consoles. I ask because I'm confused as to what qualifies and what doesn't. Does this only applies to retro games or are HD ports valid? Is there a minimum time frame that they need to be apart for? I'd love a clarification for that.

Comment: I really dislike the Guide Writer badge. It feels wrong to have one of the challenges be something removed from the actual playing of the games. It would be like having a "You've streamed your playthrough of the game" badge or a "You created fanart for your list" badge; it requires you doing something outside of the scope of the challenge.

Edited by ArtikSkarab

Changed my list up a bit, added games that I’ve started and not completed to try get my completion rate up a bit ?

❎ 1/10 - Burly Men at Sea (PSNProfiles:platinum: on ???
❎ 2/10 - Sly Cooper and the Thievius Racoonus (PSNProfiles) - :platinum: on ???

❎ 3/10 - Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales (PSNProfiles) - :platinum: on ???

❎ 4/10 - God of War Ragnarok (PSNProfiles) - :platinum: on ???

❎ 5/10 - Call of Duty: Vanguard (PSNProfiles) - :platinum: on ???

❎ 6/10 - Mafia: Definitive Edition (PSNProfile) - :platinum: on ???
❎ 7/10 - Kena: Bridge of Spirits (PSNProfiles) - :platinum: on ???

❎ 8/10 - The Evil Within 2 (PSNProfiles) - :platinum: on ???

❎ 9/10 - Spelunky 2 (PSNProfiles) - :platinum: on ???

❎ 10/10 - Wuppo (PSNProfiles) - :platinum: on ???

Edited by RicosTrophyHunt
  • Like 3

@ArtikSkarab Great list, first person I've seen say they are going for the Carpe Diem badge :) Good questions on the Old School badge. I'd say Jazzpunk: Director's Cut...can count if you really want it to just because of how hard to define that is. There's no real time limit associated with these things, but stuff like GOTY editions and Director's Cuts don't count, but this is neither remaster or director's cut...it's just an HD port of a previously released PC game. By that logic Hades would count...but to me that seems a little more clear that it would not count. So yeah, I hate saying no so I'd say you can count it if you want, but it's iffy imo lol 

Thank you for your feedback on the Guide Writer badge. Badges are pretty much set for this year, but next year the least liked / least achieved badges will go away and be replaced with new ones so its good to hear critiques. 

• Like 2

Since we got a value for Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Reunion, I will now add it to my list and replace Disco Alysium.

274e.png 1/10 - Tunic

274e.png 2/10 - Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales

274e.png 3/10 - F.I.S.T.: Forged In Shadow Torch

274e.png 4/10 - God of War: Ragnarok

274e.png 5/10 - Trek to Yomi

274e.png 6/10 - Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Reunion

274e.png 7/10 - Call Of Duty: Black Ops Cold War

274e.png 8/10 - Elden Ring

274e.png 9/10 - Returnal

274e.png 10/10 - Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time

Still waiting on a value for Return Of Monkey Island, which seems a lot harder! 

• Like 3

Some Changes: Surge Simulator ---> OlliOlli 2. I'm not ready for this!

01 PS4         Life is Strange: True Colors   Romance
02 PS4         The Long Reach                    Puzzle

03 PS4         The Callisto Protocol              Survival

04 PS4 (VR) Astro Bot Rescue Mission      Platform

05 PS4 (VR) Blood & Truth                         Shooter

06 PS4         Bound by Flame                     Role-playing (RPG)

07 PS4 (VR) Until Dawn: Rush of Blood      Horror

08 PS5         OlliOlli World                           Arcade

09 PS4         OlliOlli2: Epic Combo Edition  Sport

10 PS4         Hollow Knight                          Indie

Badges:

Spoiler

7AptHd9.png Above and Beyond - Hollow Knight

r4ItX2a.png Finally! - Bound by Flame

F5VKYG6.png Rare Letter - OlliOlli World

JIHoItq.png One Trick Pony  - All except Until Dawn: Rush of Blood is Action

JIlCrz1.png Jack of All Trades

PdQrAjI.png OCD