DLC 3 Act 6 difficulty trophies ( NO HOPE) not poping-glitch?

yoszek

I also just finished my no hope Act6 run today. I completed every Level alive, but still the trophy didn´t popped. I also tried reloading my save and just completing the last level once again but still no trophy. This game is just a joke

Update: Started a new run today and played till the 4th level with the same savegame, luckily I got a ridden hive near the end of the level (after the bride to cross the dam) as soon as I entered the hive the trophy poppped for me.

Edited by KUS_SWAT_

On 25/01/2023 at 1:22 PM, Il_Doflamingo said:

Guys what are your experiences with hive spawning in act 6-1 as of now? I’ve played the level nearly 50 times and never found it. I’m trying to farm the Grim Reaper attachment with Tala since my melee Holly gets brutally wrecked against ogre bosses, but so far no luck even with the warped chest in the lock pick room. Seems really odd…

Hey, I noticed you got the 100%, What cleaner/build did you use? My mellee bike also got wrecked last time I played Act 6 No Hope

Im struggling aswell on this act. Having to restart everytime i dont get a hive on 6-1 is stupid. Dealing with snipers during the last sequence of waterfront as melee is another stupid gamedesign. 2 times i died here because bots die during the run to reach the train. Then im alone and sniper oneshot me... nice.

Quickplay is just the worst gaming experience ever. You have to jump on someone game playing as a bot with no stuff, no cards, no build, friendly fire. You cant pick your build, switch character. Doesnt make any sense.

Edited by Shorah-

On 10/02/2023 at 0:24 AM, Shorah- said:

Im struggling aswell on this act. Having to restart everytime i dont get a hive on 6-1 is stupid. Dealing with snipers during the last sequence of waterfront as melee is another stupid gamedesign. 2 times i died here because bots die during the run to reach the train. Then im alone and sniper oneshot me... nice.

Quickplay is just the worst gaming experience ever. You have to jump on someone game playing as a bot with no stuff, no cards, no build, friendly fire. You cant pick your build, switch character. Doesnt make any sense.

If you google Back 4 Blood Act 6 No Hope and click on True Achievements there’s a detailed point including deck from a user called Grimace the Grey, I followed it a did it no problem, although I made full use of the leave game to restart if things went wrong

9 minutes ago, bethharmon said:

If you google Back 4 Blood Act 6 No Hope and click on True Achievements there’s a detailed point including deck from a user called Grimace the Grey, I followed it a did it no problem, although I made full use of the leave game to restart if things went wrong

Well his build is restart 6-1 till you get a hive, then restart the hive till you get grim reaper... 

He is right that melee solo with bots is not the way to go in this act unless really lucky with corruption cards.

Honestly i think i can carry this act no problem with a duo. Quickplay (more like failplay) would work if we had possibility to bring build and character of choice.

I dont understand why they chose to do their system instead.

7 hours ago, Shorah- said:

Well his build is restart 6-1 till you get a hive, then restart the hive till you get grim reaper... 

He is right that melee solo with bots is not the way to go in this act unless really lucky with corruption cards.

Honestly i think i can carry this act no problem with a duo. Quickplay (more like failplay) would work if we had possibility to bring build and character of choice.

I dont understand why they chose to do their system instead.

Yeah I used melee for the base game but it just wasn’t working for this act. I luckily got the hive/nursery first go doing this method and only had to restart a few times to get the grim reaper. That particular build with Tala and bow seems to easily be the best build I’ve seen. 

• Like 1

On 9/2/2023 at 7:20 PM, bethharmon said:

Hey, I noticed you got the 100%, What cleaner/build did you use? My mellee bike also got wrecked last time I played Act 6 No Hope

Sorry for the late reply. Yeah I used that infamous Grim Reaper Tala build explained in the True Achievements guide. The main problem of act 6 is the sheer amount of bosses that can jeopardise your run, and melee builds will have a very hard time against them. Once you get the Grim Reaper and a resonant material (for HPs recovery) attachment for your bow you can pretty much brute force your way through act 6. The Harbinger cannot be one shotted tho, but with the LAW is a joke.

Finally did it. 

After many restarts, they eventually gave me a hive in 6-1. But it wasnt over yet, the game found another way to crush me.

Had to restart the waterfront at least 25 times. O2, acid enemies, ogre mid map, that was so random.

Concerning hives, 6-1 is low percentage but always in the same area right after the house on fire events. There are at least two spots, one close to the second sniper in the middle of the zone. One right before the end where you climb a hill full of loot boxes.

Everytime i played 6-3 i had the hive entrance right after the planetarium event. Might be 100% drop rate.

Never seen any hive in 6-2 and 6-4 unless i missed something.

2 hours ago, Shorah- said:

Finally did it. 

After many restarts, they eventually gave me a hive in 6-1. But it wasnt over yet, the game found another way to crush me.

Had to restart the waterfront at least 25 times. O2, acid enemies, ogre mid map, that was so random.

Concerning hives, 6-1 is low percentage but always in the same area right after the house on fire events. There are at least two spots, one close to the second sniper in the middle of the zone. One right before the end where you climb a hill full of loot boxes.

Everytime i played 6-3 i had the hive entrance right after the planetarium event. Might be 100% drop rate.

Never seen any hive in 6-2 and 6-4 unless i missed something.

Hive in 6-3 is pretty common, got it in my run too. I got an hive in 6-4 also, in the area right before the funicolar station.

I suggest to farm for a Nursery when inside an Hive, which is not a rare occurrence (seems a 50% chance). In the Nursery is a lot easier to farm for warped chests, and you can destroy the bosses that will spawn with the Grim Reaper.

For anyone struggling with 6-1 just take the Double Grenade Pouch card in your deck and buy 3 smoke grenades at the start. Use 1 at the lighthouse first and plant the bomb, then another at the second bomb, then 1 at the gate, and then sprint to the boat. Don't use the 3rd one too early before the gate has started opening. It also helps to have some sprint speed so I would recommend taking the Run Like Hell card as well.

This strategy makes the last section of the level a cakewalk and I have never failed it using this method. Don't waste your time restarting over and over again hoping for a hive. The chances are so low, it will drive you nuts.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Hey! Can confirm the level DOES NOT count if you died (lost every life), even if you take over as a bot and revive yourself with the reviving kit. Did that on my 6-2 and after going through ACT 6 and not getting the trophy. After replaying the act, the trophies popped after the second level.

Good luck!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, JunkSkelington said:

Ugh just completed act 6 no hope in offline without dying on any level and no trophies. I did use a hive in all the levels besides the last obviously but that shouldn't matter

I had the same problem after finishing Act 6 offline. 

Did it all in a single session without getting downed and none of the difficulty trophies even popped. I still got the LAW boss kill trophy so I thought everything else would pop normally.

Deleting local save data and restarting with the server's sync solved it. Veteran to No Hope all popped as soon as 6-4 was done.

I can also confirm that the problem has nothing to do with dying or taking control of bots, as I got mauled by an Ogre on the way there and defibbed myself with a Dan bot.

Personally I think doing this was still much better than playing online, and the pre-emptive fix might be to delete your local save *before* starting a No Hope run while Offline. If anything I think its fair to say that the game's still as half-baked as the day it came out, only difference is that we now have more glitched features to deal with, so I wouldn't get my hopes up on someone figuring out the exact cause for the bug.

• Like 1

Luckily I haven't played Act 6 on recruit so I started a new campaign on recruit to try to figure out what level(s) weren't counting for my act 6 no hope run.  After completing 6-1 on recruit the trophy popped so I started playing the first level on no hope again hoping that it would pop my other trophies.  After like 30 restarts with no hive (I must have gotten super lucky the first time because it only took like 3 attempts to get a hive) I just swapped food scavenger for double grenade pouch and completed the level normally on the first try and all my trophies popped.  I didn't bother deleting or reinstalling anything because the game stores stats online anyways and that is just a wasted effort.  Now I just need to grind 17k more kills and the 100% is done! 

Good luck to anyone still hunting these trophies.  Once you acquire grim reaper no hope is really not that hard with the bow build(I had the most trouble when I got the O2 debuff on 6-2 because the debuff at 100 makes hitting shots impossible unless stuff is right in your face - which is not good for no hope.  6-2 is also probably the hardest level anyways so really unlucky combo).  Good luck to everyone grinding for that 6-1 hive though if that's your goal.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I completed the whole of Act 6 No Hope solo without swapping characters, entering a hive and was alive at the end of each mission, but only Recruit and Veteran difficulty trophies popped. 

Removing your save doesn't do anything as the game is server based, so this did not fix my issue. Additionally don't bother reporting the problem to WB as they won't patch the game to fix your profile. 

I therefore restarted a solo run and the Nightmare and No Hope trophies popped at the end of Act 6-3. I don't know what didn't register the first time doing 6-3, but all I can suggest is to replay the Act 6 missions until it pops for you.

Some tips I learnt:

-Restart the game untill you get Tala as a bot, as she has unlimited tool kits for doors (you can ping the doors to get the bots to open them for you), Jeff's whistle is amazing for taking heat off you and the warped chests are always worth opening.

-If you are having trouble with the end of 6-1 (and are not running the Grenade Pouch card that gives you 2 more offensive slots) restart the game until you get the upgrade to your offensive slots in the shop, so you can carry 2 smoke grenades at the end for planting the bombs. 

-Make sure to keep AT LEAST 500 copper on you for every level, and even 1000 for 6-1, as there are normally lots of cards available to buy in the houses which will help your run immensely.

-When opening warped chests always look out for the Grim Reaper attachment, since as others have said it's a game changer for melee and bow builds. 

-Do your research on enemy types and what's a good strategy against them. This is so you can understand mechanics such as using the punch rather than melee when facing ridden with exploding heads. 

-Always ping enemies and locations you want the bots to focus on or move too, such as with snipers, to make them more likely to move and attack correctly.

-When playing solo you can quit out before the whole team dies to allow yourself to start at the beginning of that mission without a penalty to your continues (Note: This does not reset the RNG of your corruption cards).

I personally used this no trauma melee build with Sharice:

https://youtu.be/GNxXi9IjNjI

However I swapped "Fanny Pack" and "Breakout"  for  "Down In Front" and "Run Like Hell" as these are very important cards for mobility and not damaging teammates. The only negative of this swap is that it means that you are almost always required to use the "Slippery When Wet" burn card per mission to allow you to break free of grapples. 

I then watched this person's run through of the Act 6 missions to learn the best way to approach each level and where items/tool kit doors are located:

https://youtu.be/fPv6zNYXH68

If anyone wants me to try and help them in a 2 player game message me on PSN: BinkUncia. Good luck and keep trying!

Edited by BinkUncia

• 5 months later...
On 2/5/2023 at 2:08 AM, KUS_SWAT_ said:

I also just finished my no hope Act6 run today. I completed every Level alive, but still the trophy didn´t popped. I also tried reloading my save and just completing the last level once again but still no trophy. This game is just a joke

Update: Started a new run today and played till the 4th level with the same savegame, luckily I got a ridden hive near the end of the level (after the bride to cross the dam) as soon as I entered the hive the trophy poppped for me.

I wonder, did you get downed while you did play the 4. Mission, that happend to me, and the trophy did not pop on no hope. 

On 8/8/2023 at 6:30 PM, BinkUncia said:

I completed the whole of Act 6 No Hope solo without swapping characters, entering a hive and was alive at the end of each mission, but only Recruit and Veteran difficulty trophies popped. 

Removing your save doesn't do anything as the game is server based, so this did not fix my issue. Additionally don't bother reporting the problem to WB as they won't patch the game to fix your profile. 

I therefore restarted a solo run and the Nightmare and No Hope trophies popped at the end of Act 6-3. I don't know what didn't register the first time doing 6-3, but all I can suggest is to replay the Act 6 missions until it pops for you.

Some tips I learnt:

-Restart the game untill you get Tala as a bot, as she has unlimited tool kits for doors (you can ping the doors to get the bots to open them for you), Jeff's whistle is amazing for taking heat off you and the warped chests are always worth opening.

-If you are having trouble with the end of 6-1 (and are not running the Grenade Pouch card that gives you 2 more offensive slots) restart the game until you get the upgrade to your offensive slots in the shop, so you can carry 2 smoke grenades at the end for planting the bombs. 

-Make sure to keep AT LEAST 500 copper on you for every level, and even 1000 for 6-1, as there are normally lots of cards available to buy in the houses which will help your run immensely.

-When opening warped chests always look out for the Grim Reaper attachment, since as others have said it's a game changer for melee and bow builds. 

-Do your research on enemy types and what's a good strategy against them. This is so you can understand mechanics such as using the punch rather than melee when facing ridden with exploding heads. 

-Always ping enemies and locations you want the bots to focus on or move too, such as with snipers, to make them more likely to move and attack correctly.

-When playing solo you can quit out before the whole team dies to allow yourself to start at the beginning of that mission without a penalty to your continues (Note: This does not reset the RNG of your corruption cards).

I personally used this no trauma melee build with Sharice:

https://youtu.be/GNxXi9IjNjI

However I swapped "Fanny Pack" and "Breakout"  for  "Down In Front" and "Run Like Hell" as these are very important cards for mobility and not damaging teammates. The only negative of this swap is that it means that you are almost always required to use the "Slippery When Wet" burn card per mission to allow you to break free of grapples. 

I then watched this person's run through of the Act 6 missions to learn the best way to approach each level and where items/tool kit doors are located:

https://youtu.be/fPv6zNYXH68

If anyone wants me to try and help them in a 2 player game message me on PSN: BinkUncia. Good luck and keep trying!

I finally managed to finish Act 6 using this build/guide! I used two hives and the trophy didn’t glitch - I wasn’t dead at the end of any of the missions. I ended up beating the final boss with no downs on my first try - was such a fast and easy fight compared to the rest. Here’s some other tips that I came across:

-Bots can use the first aid cabinets to heal health/lives for free every 90 seconds. You just have to ping using L1 (once for each bot).

-Certain bots have toolkits and can open prepper stash doors, saving you from having to fill that slot. I used Karlee, but you should definitely restart until you get Tala for the added bonus of warped chests.

-If they have lives left, bots will respawn on the next level. I died way too many times trying to pick bots up while escaping (thinking they wouldn’t respawn on No Hope) but they do. They also respawn on the first level if they get blown up by a house – the only place in Act 6 where they do. 
-I used pipe bombs as my offensive item on every level. The few extra seconds of breathing room while all the enemies chased after it was invaluable and nothing else matched.
-Always take the hive exit. Most hives have escape ladders at the very beginning or a straightforward path to the final exit. Also gives you another chance to use the store and a corruption card, and most of the final parts of the levels are brutal, so we’ll worth it. 

-If you get an ogre spawn on level 4 (The Waterfront), all hope is not lost. Clear everything out and inch your way up until the horde/ogre triggers. Then, spring back to the saferoom at the start. He can’t hit you from there! It will take 10-20 minutes to kill him since the bots can’t hit him (they’ll provide you infinite ammo as one as one makes it back with you), but that’s the only way I’ve seen that ogre beat. I stockpiled grenades, bait jars, and propane tanks from the store to use against him, too. I also brought a defib in case any of the bots died while running back. 
-I had to restart my whole run 3x due to Monstrous/Armored Crushers and Bruisers. They absolutely destroyed me and the bots couldn’t take them out quick enough. If you use a melee build, you don’t have much of a chance against them.