Server status

Major_Tom289

5 hours ago, Somenewgamer4209 said:

I really hope the servers work decently again, because I was planning to get the multiplayer trophies recently.

if servers went back up ill really consider getting this game and starting it only one game which is unobtainable for far cry series 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, LoneWolf_Calibur said:

Are the servers up? I have multiple consoles and want to smash the online component fast.

No, they're still offline and it's looking increasingly likely they will never come back :(. There are custom servers but they're not CRT approved so using them will get you banned from the leaderboards.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/20/2024 at 9:36 AM, Sebulba2000 said:

Apparently, Far Cry 2's official servers've just come back for X360, but the ranked matches don't work

https://www.trueachievements.com/forum/viewthread.aspx?tid=1548981

Is this the Same for PS3 I’m seeing a lot of people popping online trophies in May

There is a flurry of online trophies being earned very recently are the servers legitimately up? There is a significant gap between JAN 2023 & MAY 2024 for online trophies being earned, I’m checking the accounts & they aren’t the ^usual suspects leading me to believe it can be done… can anyone confirm? 

11 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

The servers are still DOA, any recent earners are either hackers or people using unapproved custom servers.

DOA? pls Translate……

regardless if they are hackers it’s a shame cause some accounts don’t even have that tainted Hidden icon & have some impressive trophies why would they blow it on this?

16 minutes ago, MorbidMercenary said:

DOA? pls Translate……

regardless if they are hackers it’s a shame cause some accounts don’t even have that tainted Hidden icon & have some impressive trophies why would they blow it on this?

DOA = Dead on Arrival AKA the Plat is still unobtainable through legit means. Also, just because someone has the blue H on their profile, doesn't mean they're a hacker - it could also be they've just hidden a load of naff games they don't want to play anymore. As for why someone would want to hack a game, only they can answer that.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MorbidMercenary said:

There is a flurry of online trophies being earned very recently are the servers legitimately up? There is a significant gap between JAN 2023 & MAY 2024 for online trophies being earned, I’m checking the accounts & they aren’t the ^usual suspects leading me to believe it can be done… can anyone confirm? 

They can still be earned through custom servers but keep in mind you'll be removed from leaderboards. I ended up earning them through that method since lbs dont really mean anything to me :) 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, MorbidMercenary said:

Some players just don't care about the leaderboards and earn trophies just for their own satisfaction, not for display or competetiveness. I know some people, who really like fully completing the series (all region + platform stacks) and the custom servers are a great opportunity for it.

Furthermore, the fact that the servers aren't approved is just ridiculous for me because they work just like the original ones and everything can be done legit. Shovelboards allow in-game exploits and autopopping, but not using a perfect recreation of the original servers in order to earn trophies. This is stupid and everyone with a common sense will agree

• Like 4